Re: Elvis Ranked No.1

Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:34 pm

there will never be another like the king :D

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Nice! liked your comment Brian, well said :D

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:41 pm

... Keith Urban climbs from No. 157 to No. 141 ...

Yes!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:02 am

Great to see elvis at No. 1, and the beatles at No. 2. :D

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:27 am

Elvis Ranked No. 1

Was there ever any doubt? Always was, and always will be, the King of Rock N Roll. That's the fact, Jack!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:15 am

elvis-fan wrote:
Elvis Ranked No. 1

Was there ever any doubt? Always was, and always will be, the King of Rock N Roll. That's the fact, Jack!

Well said elvis-fan!!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:15 pm

I am so surprised (NOT) that Michael Jackson is not in the top 3 as the self proclaimed "king of pop"

Are his (racist) fans gonna call this latest announcement another example of the racist white music
industry who always prefer whites over blacks? :roll:

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Thanks for the link, Brian.

That shows what I have said for years: Elvis is the best there is, the best there was, and the best that ever will be!

rlj

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:49 pm

moffringa wrote:I am so surprised (NOT) that Michael Jackson is not in the top 3 as the self proclaimed "king of pop"

Are his (racist) fans gonna call this latest announcement another example of the racist white music

Please share with us where "his (racist) fans" have done this previously?

Thanks.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
... Keith Urban climbs from No. 157 to No. 141 ...

Yes!

I know !!!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Good to see elvis at number 1 & jacko at 3 !!!

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:07 am

I keep telling people......You are nothing if you haven't stood the test of time. Flavors of the month come and go. Instant sensations...same philosophy. NO ONE has EVER made an impact on this world like Elvis. Yeah, the hottest new talent trends all over the world. But, when the smoke clears, whether it's today or decades in the future, ELVIS will still be standing. He's a phenomenon this planet will NEVER see again. ::rocks

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:45 am

rocknroller wrote:Good to see elvis at number 1 & jacko at 3 !!!

Jackson's actually at number 7. I put up the top 20 here:
http://www.classicpopicons.com/elvis-pr ... -s-charts/

Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:30 am

Where is Lil Wayne, I demand a recount. :wink:

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:18 am

TJ wrote:

Oh ok cheers TJ,he should be number 3 then !!!

Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:29 am

moffringa wrote:I am so surprised (NOT) that Michael Jackson is not in the top 3 as the self proclaimed "king of pop"

Excuse me? I have been a Michael Jackson fan since 1969!

Am I one of those "racist fans"? You wanna say that to me?

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:14 pm

Based upon his sales, impact on society, everlasting popularity any serious list will always put him in first place.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:41 pm

TJ wrote:

Where's Springsteen on the list?

Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:24 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thanks.

Click,Click just to start off.

If more is needed, more will come. But..these can also be trolls...

Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:12 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thanks.

Moffringa is right about Jackson's fans rascist views. They were views echoed by Jackson himself regarding "conspiracies" within the music industry to keep black performers down. Michael Jackson publicly said that Sony boss Tommy Mottola was "very, very devlish" and that you "never saw black performers on the covers of music magazines"(!) Yes- he actually said that.

Jackson said in a speech in Harlem on 9th July 2002 that you saw Elvis and the Rolling Stones on covers of music magazines- but never black performers.

And of course his fans blindly take these views upon themselves because after all, he is their "Angel Michael".

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:22 am

Elvis is Number 1 as he should be!! :wink:

::rocks

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:29 am

JRtherealJR wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Thanks.

Moffringa is right about Jackson's fans rascist views. They were views echoed by Jackson himself regarding "conspiracies" within the music industry to keep black performers down. Michael Jackson publicly said that Sony boss Tommy Mottola was "very, very devlish" and that you "never saw black performers on the covers of music magazines"(!) Yes- he actually said that.

Jackson said in a speech in Harlem on 9th July 2002 that you saw Elvis and the Rolling Stones on covers of music magazines- but never black performers.

And of course his fans blindly take these views upon themselves because after all, he is their "Angel Michael".

This comment came out of a dispute with Rolling Stone magazine, who wanted an interview for Off The Wall, but refused to put him on the cover. After his managers got nowhere with RS, who had not featured a black act on the cover from 1978 to 1983, Michael got Jann Wenner on the phone, personally. Wenner told the young singer "blacks don't sell" (magazine covers). Despite the 1983 Thriller cover, which broke the drought (and sold like hotcakes!), Jackson remained bitter over Wenner's remark to him for the rest of his life.

You think the music biz is free of racism, and other forms of artist denigration? Then you live in fantasyland far more than Michael Jackson, and that's going some! (Hell, I know he went crazy, but he was right about this.)

rjm
P.S. -- Yo, Doc: you think it's tough being a BEATLES' fan around here? Try *this* on for size!