Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: blue eyes crying in the rain

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:28 am

Hey, I really liked the "Moody Blue" and "From Elvis presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tenneesse" albums. I was going to say if he did sing live of "Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain", "Bitter They are, Harder They Fall", or "Solitare". I liked the sound of it. I played that so many times years ago and I still loved those albums!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:11 pm

r&b wrote:At 42, he looked and sounded much older. Very sad man. His voice changed so much in the last few years, its hard to believe. I don't like hearing that song or any of the Jungle Room songs. Its depressing as hell.

Your doom and gloom outlook on alot Elvis' work makes one think if you really even like Elvis.

Seriously, If you were in Elvis' shoes, just think for a moment, Elvis at 42, and what the drugs and his fragile, corroded state of mind was like at that time, what would you look and feel like ?

Judging by your posts, I assume your much older now cuz you were around in the sixties to purchase "Frankie And Johnny" on 45rpm, but were you an Adonis at age 42 ?

Did you have a beer belly, start losing your hair, start having brittle toe nails or were you, or have you always been Mr. muscle and fitness in perfect working condition ?

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Anyway, I like the song a lot, even my wife, who's not a fan by any means, likes the track when I recently played my "EP BLVD" FTD.

It really strikes me odd when I dig out some unusual or some of Elvis' more obscure stuff and see the reaction of people's perspective and opinions of things like this.

I always enjoy it when I'll play say, "Wearin' That Loved On Look", "Power Of My Love", "I'm Leavin", "If You Don't Come Back", or "If You Talk In Your Sleep" for a few fellow musician friends of mine and they immediately look up and start paying attention and say, "That's Elvis?"

9 times outta 10, I always get the same optimistic response and enthusiasm from different people, especially younger folks.

Elvis' appeal is ageless and timeless !!!

Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:54 pm

Okay, here's the inferior but complete version from the David Briggs mono tape source as featured on the Whitehaven "Among Friends" bootleg.

I did a speed and tone pitch correction and a little remastering work. Still sounds bad but better than nothing. Give me Elvis' Platters recordings in this quality and I'll be satisfied - oh, and don't forget "Feelin's"! :D

Elvis Presley - Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain (Unedited and undubbed master, tape source).wav
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/33600426/file.html

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:16 pm

sheila wrote:Hey, I really liked the "Moody Blue" and "From Elvis presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tenneesse" albums. I was going to say if he did sing live of "Blue Eyes Cryin In The Rain", "Bitter They are, Harder They Fall", or "Solitare".

I agree with you. I too, enjoy both albums. Personally, while I like the song, the 1974 recording of "Let Me Be There" is out of place on the Moody Blue album. Nevertheless, I like both albums. I would have loved if Elvis simply sat at the piano and performed several of the songs from these albums in concert. May have been a real treat.

rlj

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:43 pm

It doesn't sound like Elvis...

Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi there! :D :D :D.

luckyjackson1 wrote:Okay, here's the inferior but complete version from the David Briggs mono tape source as featured on the Whitehaven "Among Friends" bootleg.

I did a speed and tone pitch correction and a little remastering work. Still sounds bad but better than nothing. Give me Elvis' Platters recordings in this quality and I'll be satisfied - oh, and don't forget "Feelin's"! :D

Elvis Presley - Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain (Unedited and undubbed master, tape source).wav
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/33600426/file.html

Thank you luckyjackson1 for the upload, I never got that cd 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:48 pm

minkahed wrote:
r&b wrote:At 42, he looked and sounded much older. Very sad man. His voice changed so much in the last few years, its hard to believe. I don't like hearing that song or any of the Jungle Room songs. Its depressing as hell.

Your doom and gloom outlook on alot Elvis' work makes one think if you really even like Elvis.

Seriously, If you were in Elvis' shoes, just think for a moment, Elvis at 42, and what the drugs and his fragile, corroded state of mind was like at that time, what would you look and feel like ?

Judging by your posts, I assume your much older now cuz you were around in the sixties to purchase "Frankie And Johnny" on 45rpm, but were you an Adonis at age 42 ?

Did you have a beer belly, start losing your hair, start having brittle toe nails or were you, or have you always been Mr. muscle and fitness in perfect working condition ?

It's been 35+ years, you don't need to make excuses for Elvis' failures.

What you read as "doom and gloom" comes off to others as "honest." And someone of Elvis' towering stature deserves no less from his fans, looking back lo these many years later.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:26 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
minkahed wrote:

What you read as "doom and gloom" comes off to others as "honest." And someone of Elvis' towering stature deserves no less from his fans, looking back lo these many years later.

Every thing in moderation.

Too much "honesty" can be too negative.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:40 pm

minkahed wrote:

Well, I am in my 60's, have my hair (altho white), workout 3-4 times per week, have no beer belly, and play several sports with guys half my age, racquetball among them (and we just don't stand there and hit the ball back & forth like Elvis did). Sorry, I am not bragging but you asked. Gloom & Doom? To me that's what those last 2 albums were, gloom & doom. I don't think they were a good testament to the career that came before them. I don't know anyone I would want to play those albums for and they would enjoy them. Besides sounding dated, what person wants to hear depressing 35 year old songs from a singer past his prime at only 42?

Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:55 am

minkahed wrote:[]

[/quote]

Doesn't sound like an artist at the top of his game does it ?

norrie

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:10 pm

norrie wrote:
minkahed wrote:[]

Doesn't sound like an artist at the top of his game does it ?

norrie[/quote]

Exactly my point.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:12 pm

r&b wrote:
minkahed wrote:

Well, I am in my 60's, have my hair (altho white), workout 3-4 times per week, have no beer belly, and play several sports with guys half my age, racquetball among them (and we just don't stand there and hit the ball back & forth like Elvis did). Sorry, I am not bragging but you asked. Gloom & Doom? To me that's what those last 2 albums were, gloom & doom. I don't think they were a good testament to the career that came before them. I don't know anyone I would want to play those albums for and they would enjoy them. Besides sounding dated, what person wants to hear depressing 35 year old songs from a singer past his prime at only 42?

Man, you got Elvis beat ...

Kudos on your health.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
minkahed wrote:

Uh, As for Mr. Google, I make no excuses for anything, especially for Elvis, I call it as I see it in real time and in the real world, not your self delusional fantasies of "Solving Dilemmas of Desire <<--->> Daily."

Besides, my reply was addressed to r&b, not you, so, once again rubberneck, away with you jakal !

Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:48 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Over the years I've come to the point where I can listen to and somewhat like Elvis' version. But the ultimate version of this song for me belongs to Willie Nelson.

I have always liked Elvis' version right from the start, one of the best tracks from that session. But for me the best version is by Gene Vincent recorded on 6th August 1959 - a far more rocking' version.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:24 pm

Chris Roberts wrote:
JerryNodak wrote:Over the years I've come to the point where I can listen to and somewhat like Elvis' version. But the ultimate version of this song for me belongs to Willie Nelson.

I have always liked Elvis' version right from the start, one of the best tracks from that session. But for me the best version is by Gene Vincent recorded on 6th August 1959 - a far more rocking' version.

Gene had a great version, much better than Elvis'. I like Willie's version a lot also, as I do the LP Red Headed Stranger, one of the all time classic country LPs. Perhaps Elvis should have recorded this song with just the piano like Danny Boy because the arrangement and production is terrible on the master.

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:36 pm

minkahed wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
minkahed wrote:

Uh, As for Mr. Google, I make no excuses for anything, especially for Elvis, I call it as I see it in real time and in the real world, not your self delusional fantasies of "Solving Dilemmas of Desire <<--->> Daily."

Besides, my reply was addressed to r&b, not you, so, once again rubberneck, away with you jakal !

When you make a series of put-downs in a reply, you have already lost the game.

Whatever your "Elvis philosophy," it is a fact your post was nothing but excuses. It's been 35+ years, let it go.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:10 am

Don't forget the Hutch!

phpBB [video]

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:19 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Don't forget the Hutch!

phpBB [video]

You must really like David Soul, since you posted this link as a topic 4 months ago. However, the deep history I added is worth repeating, given the date of the broadcast: August 18, 1977. Elvis was interred that day.

The clip is from "The DAVID SOUL & FRIENDS Special" (ABC-TV, Thursday, August 18, 1977):

770818_David Soul & Friends Special_opening title.JPG
770818_David Soul & Friends Special_01.JPG
770818_David Soul & Friends Special_02.JPG

How weird is it that the program aired just two days after Elvis died in Memphis?

As for the song, Soul and his friends do a really nice version, and it is indeed better than the 1976 master cut by Elvis. Their gentle, acoustic arrangement is just perfect.

And we all know what an amazing set of pipes David Soul possesses.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 am

Thank you for sharing the "deep history" with us.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:44 am

elvisalisellers wrote:Thank you for sharing your "deep history" with us.

Historical context is important, and interesting. May you someday embrace this concept. ;-)

Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Historical context is important, and interesting. May you someday embrace this concept. ;-)

Only if you have something historically important and interesting to say. May you someday accomplish the concept. :wink:

Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:05 am

elvisalisellers wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Only if you have something historically important and interesting to say.

Correct. I did, and I do.

As for you, I'd consider broadening your FECC horizons beyond repeatedly posting David Soul YouTube links and Madonna memes. ;-)

::rocks

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:32 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
When you make a series of put-downs in a reply, you have already lost the game.

Something you have done repetitiously over the years, time and time again.

Whatever your "Elvis philosophy," it is a fact your post was nothing but excuses.

Elvis, for me, is always about the music first, then all the rest just settles in.

My post is spot on and it's called compassion, something you lack in spades.

It's been 35+ years, let it go.

Actually, I let it R-O-C-K !!!

Now, back under your crumb in that tiny section of earth where you Solve Dilemmas of Desire <<--->> Daily. !

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:47 am

minkahed wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:When you make a series of put-downs in a reply, you have already lost the game.

Something you have done repetitiously over the years, time and time again.

Done repetitiously, time and time again? :lol:

Nope, quite the opposite actually.

But if it makes you feel better inside to believe that, go ahead. I don't want you to stay sad. ;-)

::rocks