Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Popmarket 24h Sale: The Complete Masters

Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 pm

420,99 euro incl. FREE shipping...

Anyone still claming this now is way too expensive, is out of his mind, considering what you get!
Calculate it. For US residents it's probably even cheaper.

If you're a fan of Elvis, you simply need this beauty.
For some, it's all the Elvis they will ever need.

http://www.popmarket.com/details/258296 ... d=28627333

Re: Popmarket 24h Sale: The Complete Masters

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:28 pm

It's a good buy -- $499.99 USD plus free shipping worldwide.

I wonder if this is a close out with something new in the pipeline?

MT

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Blast it! I just signed on to FECC to post about this. Oh, well...

I agree. Great deal. Better get it while it's hot!!! :smt023

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:06 pm

I don't see anything this big on our man, who has been dead for 35+ years, coming out on cd ever again. This is the one.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:50 am

Damn that's tempting at $499 CDN... now if I could only make my wife understand how badly I need this...

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:02 am

I know how you feel, I've been there too, but explaining it to myself. Now I'm glad I listened to myself, I can be very convincing. lol

But believe me, you need this.

I don't know if you collect bootlegs like I do (or did), but these cost about 20 euro per title incl. shipping, if not more. Multiply that by thirty (30 discs) and you have 600 euros. For a little over 2/3 of that amount you have 30 discs here that are far superior in contents and sound than anything on a bootleg, plus an incredible book that no bootleg can ever give, within a BIG deluxe package.

My advice: Go for it, worry about wife later. 8)

(To tell the truth, I'm even tempted now to buy it a 2nd time!... and leave that one in seal... although I now cannot afford it anymore...)

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:36 am

James27 wrote:420,99 euro incl. FREE shipping...

Anyone still claming this now is way too expensive, is out of his mind, considering what you get!

I'm an Elvis fan, but I don't need it.
It's too big a package.
When I want to listen to any certain song with or without outtakes I can find it easier via
the FTD catalog of albums.
I already have everything on that giant set anyway.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:50 am

You need it ekenee, you just do.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:52 am

Me too, have it all, but this way, listening to it chronologically, in this superb sound, is like journeying through Elvis' career, song by song, listening to him develop and grow, go into a rut, coming out of it again with some R&B and C&W, and then performing live again, and ultimately finding himself "caught in a trap": it' s all in one big package. The book's a pleasure onto itself, hard to put down, very heavy quality.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:56 am

James27 wrote:420,99 euro incl. FREE shipping...

of course it's way too high. Boxed sets generally work out cheaper per CD than buying CDs individually, not the other way round. Other sets by the same company offer far better value for money. Yes, they don't look so pretty, but I'd rather save $200 than have a pretty design, thanks.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:00 am

anyone else trying to order this set, for some reason it keeps saying my details are wrong but they haven't changed from all the other times I've ordered from them :x

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:07 am

Audience recorded bootlegs with bad sound and spelling and grammatical mistakes in every sentence, cost you 15-20 euro a piece, not inclduing the shipping, so it's near the 18-23 euro a piece? Multiplay THAT total amount of crap you payed for by thirty discs and whattaygot.. But with this set: a lot LESS hard-earned money spent and it has this mammoth of a book, but with stunning deluxe design, an impressive case, the remastering work by Ansesini, produced by Ernst en co., and a piece of Elvis history that you should own. You cannot beat a deal like this. 420 euro incl. shipping is a STEAL.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:13 am

YEP I agree would order the bloody thing if it let me :x :x :x :x

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:03 am

James27 wrote:Audience recorded bootlegs with bad sound and spelling and grammatical mistakes in every sentence, cost you 15-20 euro a piece, not inclduing the shipping, so it's near the 18-23 euro a piece? Multiplay THAT total amount of crap you payed for by thirty discs and whattaygot.. But with this set: a lot LESS hard-earned money spent and it has this mammoth of a book, but with stunning deluxe design, an impressive case, the remastering work by Ansesini, produced by Ernst en co., and a piece of Elvis history that you should own. You cannot beat a deal like this. 420 euro incl. shipping is a STEAL.

Yep... thanks for posting that James... I normally get emails from this site but didn't see that one for some reason...

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:06 am

By now we nearly have all the masters in re-worked form on the FTD releases and Tunzi will soon provide us with an updated and extended version of his "Recording Sessions". So there's no need for me to buy the box.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:58 am

James27 wrote:Audience recorded bootlegs with bad sound and spelling and grammatical mistakes in every sentence, cost you 15-20 euro a piece, not inclduing the shipping, so it's near the 18-23 euro a piece? Multiplay THAT total amount of crap you payed for by thirty discs and whattaygot.. But with this set: a lot LESS hard-earned money spent and it has this mammoth of a book, but with stunning deluxe design, an impressive case, the remastering work by Ansesini, produced by Ernst en co., and a piece of Elvis history that you should own. You cannot beat a deal like this. 420 euro incl. shipping is a STEAL.

If you wish to buy illegal releases, then that is your problem. This is not such an issue, but an official release, and therefore the cost is ridiculous. Compare it other boxes put out by Sony: Johnny Cash (63 discs, £120), or Miles Davis (70 discs, £380).

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:14 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Johnny Cash (63 discs, £120), or Miles Davis (70 discs, £380).

Those 50 CD sets of classical music are even cheaper at 25 euro each. And yes, they make a nice profit on those.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:19 pm

poormadpeter wrote:If you wish to buy illegal releases, then that is your problem. This is not such an issue, but an official release, and therefore the cost is ridiculous. Compare it other boxes put out by Sony: Johnny Cash (63 discs, £120), or Miles Davis (70 discs, £380).

Isn't the Elvis one mail order only though ie you can't just buy this on amazon etc, akin to Rhino's hand made stuff? N'anyway, neither Cash nor Davis did such classics as 'Go East - Young Man' or 'Barefoot Ballad' so how can you possibly compare what these things are worth? :P

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Clearly, Elvis' recorded works is a higher value commodity to Sony than Johnny Cash's or Miles Davis'. The number of discs is irrelevant, it's the value of the music being marketed. One catalogue is worth more than the next.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:13 pm

Matthew wrote:Clearly, Elvis' recorded works is a higher value commodity to Sony than Johnny Cash's or Miles Davis'. The number of discs is irrelevant, it's the value of the music being marketed. One catalogue is worth more than the next.

Quite true. It's ALL about sales and demand. Elvis is simply more popular amongst the record buying public than those other artists mentioned and crucially collectors of his music have shown themselves willing and able to spend more on Elvis related products.

BTW, has anyone noticed how inappropriate those dreadful picure discs are on this set? One of the most photographed and best looking performers on the Planet and the producers choose to release them with that cheap looking design? Why you ask? Simple....to save money of course. Bad decision? ...not if it sells......your call.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:24 pm

Its a very good price

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:28 pm

keninlincs wrote:Its a very good price

Sure if you're selling.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 pm

I don't mind the CD graphics - I'm not sure a photograph of Elvis on each disc would really look that classy. The set is designed to look like an archive, the vintage recording tech images fit that brief.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:02 pm

HI there!! :D :D :D.

Matthew wrote:The set is designed to look like an archive, the vintage recording tech images fit that brief.

I totally agree with you on this!. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:22 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Damn that's tempting at $499 CDN... now if I could only make my wife understand how badly I need this...

Good luck. :wink:

Mine understood back then. I'm in the process of divorcing right now. :|

But that's a reasonable price. I paid about 330 Euros more but like I said I wanted that damned thing so badly. Now that I have the time, I slowly but surely should start to read the book... :?