Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Who cares about what the Beatles thought of Elvis?!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Baaaaad Bird!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:40 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Chad Gates wrote:I tend not to worry too much about what the Beatles did or didn`t say about Elvis or visa versa, Elvis is my favourite solo artist so I enjoy listening to his music and the Beatles are my favourite band so I also enjoy listening to their music, Both brought a great deal to the music world and both are pioneers in their own rights so in my opinion there is no need for all the anger that is being shown towards the Beatles on this thread, You don't have to be just a Beatles fan or and Elvis fan it is quite possible to be both and whatever they may or may not have said about each other whether good or bad is irrelevant it`s the music that counts and that is what I focus on.

You need to focus on the fact that the Beatles are going to hell, that is for sure.

They went to Hull, Is that close enough ? :P
Beatles hull.jpg

Alan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:49 pm

BigBird wrote:
Chad Gates wrote:I tend not to worry too much about what the Beatles did or didn`t say about Elvis or visa versa, Elvis is my favourite solo artist so I enjoy listening to his music and the Beatles are my favourite band so I also enjoy listening to their music, Both brought a great deal to the music world and both are pioneers in their own rights so in my opinion there is no need for all the anger that is being shown towards the Beatles on this thread, You don't have to be just a Beatles fan or and Elvis fan it is quite possible to be both and whatever they may or may not have said about each other whether good or bad is irrelevant it`s the music that counts and that is what I focus on.

Alan.

Question, imagin you have to go to jail for the next 5 years and they allow you only one real factory printed (not selfmade) non-bootleg CD, what would it be, an Elvis CD, or an Beatles CD, or even a CD from somebody else?

What is it, pls answer truthfully, thanks in advance.

It would be an Elvis cd no contest but not one that included either I want to be free or beach boy blues, My point wasn`t that I like them both equally but that it is possible to be an Elvis fan and appreciate the music of the Beatles as well.

Alan.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:48 pm

Ohhh...digging deeper....... what if you go to jail for five years.......why don't you go to a bird doctor telling what's wrong with you?

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Wow. Talk about derailing a topic.

Anyone stumbling across this website might well get the impression that the average Elvis fan is irrational, abusive and extremely stupid. What would Elvis say?

The good Doctor started this thread by sharing a well-documented and well-argued analysis of Elvis in 1964. It reads like the log of the Titanic: arrogantly ignoring all the warning signs and carrying on the same headlong course, believing nothing could possibly go wrong. Until it did.

This isn't about whether members of this forum think The Beatles were better than Elvis; it's about the historical fact that, from 1963 (UK) or 1964 (US) until their split, The Beatles beat Elvis' records (in both senses of the word) in the same way that Elvis himself had beaten everyone else up to 1963/1964.

"That's a matter of fact, buddy, and you know it well." If not, then you should.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:27 pm

blue boy wrote:Ohhh...digging deeper....... what if you go to jail for five years.......why don't you go to a bird doctor telling what's wrong with you?

Mainly because it`s not the 14th century now and even in Yorkshire we have moved on from this :P

Doctor_Bird.jpg

Alan.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:31 pm

NumberEight wrote:Wow. Talk about derailing a topic.

Anyone stumbling across this website might well get the impression that the average Elvis fan is irrational, abusive and extremely stupid. What would Elvis say?

The good Doctor started this thread by sharing a well-documented and well-argued analysis of Elvis in 1964. It reads like the log of the Titanic: arrogantly ignoring all the warning signs and carrying on the same headlong course, believing nothing could possibly go wrong. Until it did.

This isn't about whether members of this forum think The Beatles were better than Elvis; it's about the historical fact that, from 1963 (UK) or 1964 (US) until their split, The Beatles beat Elvis' records (in both senses of the word) in the same way that Elvis himself had beaten everyone else up to 1963/1964.

"That's a matter of fact, buddy, and you know it well." If not, then you should.

That`s a totally different thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77507&view=unread#unread, This one was started by bigbird.

Alan.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

You need to focus on the fact that the Beatles are going to hell, that is for sure.

NO THEY ARE NOT !!!

Beatles #1 biotch !!!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:57 pm

BigBird wrote:

Alan.

Question, imagin you have to go to jail for the next 5 years and they allow you only one real factory printed (not selfmade) non-bootleg CD, what would it be, an Elvis CD, or an Beatles CD, or even a CD from somebody else?

What is it, pls answer truthfully, thanks in advance.

Answer truthfully ?

Ok, you must either have exceptionally high expectations of yourself or you are completely an intellectual,(mute), so to speak ...

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Chad Gates wrote:

That`s a totally different thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77507&view=unread#unread, This one was started by bigbird.

Alan.

Thanks for setting me straight, Alan. That's what comes from reading two threads simultaneously. No more multi-tasking for me. By the way, loved your Hull reference!

As for BigBird's original thread;
"...but in that case you are not really an Elvis fan, are you?"

I totally disagree. If BigBird had told Elvis that he couldn't be a fan of both Dean Martin and Roy Hamilton and that he had to choose, Elvis would surely have turned his back and walked away.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:17 pm

JimmyCool wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:I dont care for the beatles at all.....never have.
But must admit that Lennon/McCartney were great songwriters.
Even Harrison wrote some great songs.
However I switch channel in most cases when they are on the radio........ :roll:

+1

Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Chad Gates wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

They went to Hull, Is that close enough ? :P
Beatles hull.jpg

Alan.

Hell ain't a bad place to be.Hull on the other hand..........

norrie

Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:18 pm

BigBird wrote:
matilda wrote:
BigBird wrote:
matilda wrote:
nevermind wrote:
BigBird wrote:
matilda wrote:
pingpong wrote:
HoneyTalkNelson wrote:I wonder if Beatles sites have as many posts about Elvis?

I rarely visit those sites but I know Beatles fans and they really think The Beatles are the one and only. I did see on one site...."Elvis was just the warm up act for the beatles...."

that's why Elvis begged them to visit him in the mid 60s. :wink:

Is this a joke, or do you really believe that Elvis begged them to visit him?

I recall reading about Elvis was ready to go to bed and leave the 4 slags dumb found sitting by themselfs after the 4 mooks keept starring at him without saying a word, due to his overpowering charisma, which they had a total lack of.

Im trying to picture this, the most handsome singer ever, and the most ugly 4 from an average boy-band, in one room? How humiliating for the shaking-heads from Liverpool.

well, history proved that wrong.
thanks To in part to Elvis but more so thanks to the critics and media......over decades it was finally Elvis who did get humiliated and beein turned into a joke.......robbin him even his deserved status as an artist....and degrading him in the general public opinion as a joke....while the fab four are on the podest an artist is.
overseeing the faults of the Beatles and overplayin the faults of elvis on purpose.

so.....the Beatles had the last laugh...even if they had bad teeth that evening, like el observed. :smt002
and they still having the last laugh.

Yeah, maybe, but only from a atheist point of view, cause the beatles go to hell, that is for sure.

:?:

What is it that you do not understand?

Beatles glorified illegal drugs, many young ppl back then died on OD because the beatles suggested taking illegal drugs is cool and the thing to do, ergo the Beatles have a lot of blood on their hands, yet nobody talks about that, but almost everybody is bashing Elvis for taking Meds, as if he is no entitled to take what the hell he wants, he was a grown man, not so the many dead drug takling minor aged beatles fans!!!

Elvis did not lead young minor aged ppl into taking any drugs, the beatles sure did, plus they said they were bigger than jesus, ergo they go to hell.

Corretction: half of them are already there and looking at the other too senile mooks, it wont be long until they follow on a bullet train.

ELVIS PRESLEY - ENEMY OF GOD!
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/e ... -phony.htm

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:37 pm

"What is it that you do not understand?

Beatles glorified illegal drugs, many young ppl back then died on OD because the beatles suggested taking illegal drugs is cool and the thing to do, ergo the Beatles have a lot of blood on their hands, yet nobody talks about that, but almost everybody is bashing Elvis for taking Meds, as if he is no entitled to take what the hell he wants, he was a grown man, not so the many dead drug takling minor aged beatles fans!!!

Elvis did not lead young minor aged ppl into taking any drugs, the beatles sure did, plus they said they were bigger than jesus, ergo they go to hell.

Corretction: half of them are already there and looking at the other too senile mooks, it wont be long until they follow on a bullet train."

Drug was around used in Hollywood by major stars long Before Beatles was born and a load of jazz musicians used drugs Charlie Parker for example, in the R&B field Ray Charles was addicted to drugs just to name few.It was Bob Dylan who introduced Beatles to pot for the first time andIt was a dentist who introduced them to LSD, so drugs was around everyone and was very common in the sixties. To say that Beatles was glorified drugs tells me that you don't know what you talking about. I was a teenager in the sixties and everyone was on drugs in those days, Hendrix, Joplin, Morrison, Jerry Lee, Cash, Kristofferson, Stones Etta James and so many others, the Young generation had a lot of idols to choose from if they wanted to pick up that nasty habbit, and many did but not because of Beatles it was the time and the era. Even our hero was on drugs and tested illegal drugs, and introduced drugs to other people special young Girls he dated, so there you go. You seems to know nothing about anything. Get a book and educate yourself in this subject.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:02 am

matilda wrote:
HoneyTalkNelson wrote:I wonder if Beatles sites have as many posts about Elvis?

Do Not Know....but I wonder if Beatles fans there speak with respect of Elvis.

Why should they, most of the so-called Elvis fans here at this forum don't speak with respect of Elvis.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:29 am

BigBird wrote:
pingpong wrote:The Beatles didnt like the Beatles....

if I were a beatle, I would not like the beatles either. thank God I am not a Beatle, that way i can actually like myself.

You're trying too hard. :roll:

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:48 am

rocknroll wrote:
BigBird wrote:
pingpong wrote:The Beatles didnt like the Beatles....

if I were a beatle, I would not like the beatles either. thank God I am not a Beatle, that way i can actually like myself.

You're trying too hard. :roll:

If I were a Beatle, I would hate Big Birds!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:02 am

They are not a bad group, they made wonderful music, sometimes when I'm in that mood I'll play some Come Together, Hey Jude and so on.

It's a sad day when you can't enjoy several different artist.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:09 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:........Btw, i like Elvis and i like the Beatles.

Sorry. That is not permitted here. You may like one or the other. Not both.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 am

As noted, it's the other way around.

This odd, mean-spirited topic came first, out of the blue:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77499

And thus inspired the creation of my topic yesterday:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77507

But I agree with all of your assessments.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:34 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

As noted, it's the other way around.

This odd, mean-spirited topic came first, out of the blue:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77499

And thus inspired the creation of my topic yesterday:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77507

But I agree with all of your assessments.

Thanks, Doc. Despite my posting them in the wrong place. At least I made the connection.

Like you, unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe that a true fan shows respect for Elvis' artistry and cultural importance not by mindlessly accepting everything he ever did to the exclusion of all else, but by appreciating those areas where he achieved greatness and regretting those where he fell short.

I can't believe that The Man himself would see it any other way. Or did.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:56 am

The Beatles were quite simply superb!,fact!.so was Elvis

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:09 am

I do. Because I love the Beatles and their musical legacy. Grew up with their music as well.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 am

I don't.

Their thoughts do not upset me, but I find them interesting, because I love The Beatles very, very much.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:47 pm

A post obviously made to cause a stir and some arguments, but it is probably the most immature post I have read here and all in all, not too bright. Meaningless.