Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Who cares about what the Beatles thought of Elvis?!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:30 pm

norrie wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:I dont care for the beatles at all.....never have.
But must admit that Lennon/McCartney were great songwriters.
Even Harrison wrote some great songs.
However I switch channel in most cases when they are on the radio........ :roll:

+1

+1

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:17 pm

rocknroller wrote:
norrie wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:
However I switch channel in most cases when they are on the radio........ :roll:

+1

+1

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:24 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
rocknroller wrote:
norrie wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:

+1

+1

+1001

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:58 am

I don't care what the Beatles thought about Elvis, nor do I care what they thought about any other subject.

As far as their music is concerned I enjoy a lot of their early songs on the "Red" album, most of the stuff on the "Blue" album leaves me cold.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:24 am

JerryNodak wrote:I don't care what the Beatles thought about Elvis, nor do I care what they thought about any other subject.

As far as their music is concerned I enjoy a lot of their early songs on the "Red" album, most of the stuff on the "Blue" album leaves me cold.

The Beatles have an amazing body of work, and the 'Blue' album shows how they progressed as a band, never staying with past successes unlike Elvis turning out soundtrack after soundtrack in the 60's. As innovators they were way ahead of Elvis in the 60's and if Lady Madonna leaves you cold, well...

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:45 am

JerryNodak wrote:I don't care what the Beatles thought about Elvis, nor do I care what they thought about any other subject.

If the "Red" album makes you hot, and the "Blue" album leaves you cold, what does the "White" album make you feel?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:22 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
If the "Red" album makes you hot, and the "Blue" album leaves you cold, what does the "White" album make you feel?

Sick !!! smt174

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:50 am

Patriotic.

God Bless America!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:01 am

How can anyone not like The Beatles?.......

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:How can anyone not like The Beatles?.......

How can anyone not like Elvis?

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 am

r&b wrote:
JerryNodak wrote: ... Elvis turning out soundtrack after soundtrack in the 60's ...

Oh, there were also other strong albums from Elvis in the 60s but I think many critics forget that.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:14 am

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:

Patriotic.

God Bless America!

:lol:

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:21 am

In the 1963-1967 era Elvis had the great How Great Thou Art gospel album (1967). But the majority of the rest were weak soundtracks. The Beatles, however in these years made many number one great albums.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Winston wrote:
r&b wrote:
JerryNodak wrote: ... Elvis turning out soundtrack after soundtrack in the 60's ...

Oh, there were also other strong albums from Elvis in the 60s but I think many critics forget that.

Which ones? Not during the Beatles years except for FEIM in 1969. Before that, his best album is in 1960, Elvis Is Back, a totally progressive album for Elvis. That's a mighty big 9 year span. I cannot count religious albums because that is a totally different genre. I am talking pop/rock albums. There were some good studio songs recorded but they wound up as bonus tracks to weak soundtrack albums instead of being on a proper studio album. Those damn Hollywood years really did a number on his recording career in the 60's!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:27 pm

So, I believe that "Elvis is Back" (1960) and From Elvis in Memphis" (1969) are the greatest Elvis Presley pop-rock studio albums of the 60's. True. Sad, but "Something for Everybody" (1961) and "Pot Luck" (1962) are a couple of notches below. The quality of Elvis' music decreased on this 2 LP's.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:36 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:So, I believe that "Elvis is Back" (1960) and From Elvis in Memphis" (1969) are the greatest Elvis Presley pop-rock studio albums of the 60's. True. Sad, but "Something for Everybody" (1961) and "Pot Luck" (1962) are a couple of notches below. The quality of Elvis' music decreased on this 2 LP's.

Yes, those 2 albums were not as strong, but again, during The Beatles years 64-69, there was nothing studio wise until Memphis. Very sad and bad to neglect your recording career like that because of film contracts. Im sure an album could have been made in those 5 years that wasn't Gospel.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:29 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:

Patriotic.

God Bless America!

I LOVE America, but remember we in the UK are also red white and blue :D

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Amen to that, Chris!

God bless the UK too.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Chris Roberts wrote:
HoneyTalkNelson wrote:

Patriotic.

God Bless America!

God save the queen ...

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:29 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Chris Roberts wrote:
HoneyTalkNelson wrote:

Patriotic.

God Bless America!

God save the queen ...

and The Kinks!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:38 pm

The Beatles were the leaders of the British Invasion. But Rolling Stones, Kinks, Animals, Herman's Hermits, Dave Clark Five, Gerry and the Peacemakers, The Who were also in the wave.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:02 pm

and The Searchers. very underrated IMO. Good vocalists and musicians.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:03 pm

I love the Searchers. Chad and Jeremy too.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:14 pm

"Sweets for my Sweet" (composed by Pomus and Schumann - who wrote many songs for Elvis) was a big hit from The Searchers and reached number one in UK in August 1963

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:51 pm

I personally could care less about what the Beatles thought of Elvis. Never like them anyway so why should their opinion's matter?