Who cares about what the Beatles thought of Elvis?!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

eligain
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Re: Who cares about what the Beatles thought of Elvis?!

Post by eligain »

BigBird wrote:
nevermind wrote:
BigBird wrote:
matilda wrote:
pingpong wrote:
HoneyTalkNelson wrote:I wonder if Beatles sites have as many posts about Elvis?
I rarely visit those sites but I know Beatles fans and they really think The Beatles are the one and only. I did see on one site...."Elvis was just the warm up act for the beatles...."
that's why Elvis begged them to visit him in the mid 60s. :wink:
Is this a joke, or do you really believe that Elvis begged them to visit him?

I recall reading about Elvis was ready to go to bed and leave the 4 slags dumb found sitting by themselfs after the 4 mooks keept starring at him without saying a word, due to his overpowering charisma, which they had a total lack of.
Im trying to picture this, the most handsome singer ever, and the most ugly 4 from an average boy-band, in one room? How humiliating for the shaking-heads from Liverpool.
Thank you, again you hit the nail on the head.

BTW this seams to be a topic which touches the minds and hearts of a lot of ppl around here judging by the numbers of post in that short amount of time, very interesting.

BTW2:

does have anybody have any more nicknames for the beatles, besides the ones I, you and some others have already posted?
OK, so this is really all about you not liking the Beatles. Who cares what you think of the Beatles? This is an Elvis fan board. Nobody on here really cares that you don't like the Beatles or think they are ugly. Go tell it on a Beatle's fan board.

Topic author
BigBird
Banned - Multiple usernames. Same user as robbie
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Post by BigBird »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
BigBird wrote:What is it that you do not understand?

Beatles glorified illegal drugs, many young ppl back then died on OD because the beatles suggested taking illegal drugs is cool and the thing to do, ergo the Beatles have a lot of blood on their hands, yet nobody talks about that, but almost everybody is bashing Elvis for taking Meds, as if he is no entitled to take what the hell he wants, he was a grown man, not so the many dead drug takling minor aged beatles fans!!!

Elvis did not lead young minor aged ppl into taking any drugs, the beatles sure did, plus they said they were bigger than jesus, ergo they go to hell.

Corretction: half of them are already there and looking at the other too senile mooks, it wont be long until they follow on a bullet train.
You should consider publishing your stunning theories in print, instead of wasting them on an Elvis Presley forum.
... if I reach through to only one person, it would be no waste of my precious time, the preciousness of my time will be the reason why i can not dedicate it all to you, so forgive me if I do not reply to all of your posts, I obviously already reached through to you and no sense in preaching to the choir, is there?

If you have any further compliments for me, feel yourself being thanked in advance from here on out.

Topic author
BigBird

Post by BigBird »

eligain wrote:
BigBird wrote:
nevermind wrote:
BigBird wrote:
matilda wrote:
pingpong wrote:
I rarely visit those sites but I know Beatles fans and they really think The Beatles are the one and only. I did see on one site...."Elvis was just the warm up act for the beatles...."

I recall reading about Elvis was ready to go to bed and leave the 4 slags dumb found sitting by themselfs after the 4 mooks keept starring at him without saying a word, due to his overpowering charisma, which they had a total lack of.
Im trying to picture this, the most handsome singer ever, and the most ugly 4 from an average boy-band, in one room? How humiliating for the shaking-heads from Liverpool.
Thank you, again you hit the nail on the head.

BTW this seams to be a topic which touches the minds and hearts of a lot of ppl around here judging by the numbers of post in that short amount of time, very interesting.

BTW2:

does have anybody have any more nicknames for the beatles, besides the ones I, you and some others have already posted?
OK, so this is really all about you not liking the Beatles. Who cares what you think of the Beatles? This is an Elvis fan board. Nobody on here really cares that you don't like the Beatles or think they are ugly. Go tell it on a Beatle's fan board.
May I suggest you read this thread once more, because then you would realize that there are several ppl who actually care what I have to say and even agree what I have to say about that topic, so you might not care, but to make false claims that nobody cares only undermines you credibility, not mine.
Last edited by BigBird on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
BigBird

Post by BigBird »

Chad Gates wrote:I tend not to worry too much about what the Beatles did or didn`t say about Elvis or visa versa, Elvis is my favourite solo artist so I enjoy listening to his music and the Beatles are my favourite band so I also enjoy listening to their music, Both brought a great deal to the music world and both are pioneers in their own rights so in my opinion there is no need for all the anger that is being shown towards the Beatles on this thread, You don't have to be just a Beatles fan or and Elvis fan it is quite possible to be both and whatever they may or may not have said about each other whether good or bad is irrelevant it`s the music that counts and that is what I focus on.

Alan.
Question, imagin you have to go to jail for the next 5 years and they allow you only one real factory printed (not selfmade) non-bootleg CD, what would it be, an Elvis CD, or an Beatles CD, or even a CD from somebody else?

What is it, pls answer truthfully, thanks in advance.

brian
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Post by brian »

eligain wrote:
When I was boy I watched Sesame street and I always got the impression that Bigbird was a fan of the Beatles.

Because of that this thread has shocked me.

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

LSP-4445 wrote:I dont care for the beatles at all.....never have.
But must admit that Lennon/McCartney were great songwriters.
Even Harrison wrote some great songs.
However I switch channel in most cases when they are on the radio........ :roll:
+1

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

Kylan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Kylan »

I'm with ya all the way big bird. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'll be right here listening to my Beatles stereo and mono box sets on my kick ass apple speakers. No pun intended!

eligain

Post by eligain »

BigBird wrote:
eligain wrote:
BigBird wrote:
nevermind wrote:
BigBird wrote:
matilda wrote:
pingpong wrote:

Thank you
, agai
n you hit the nail on the head.

BTW2:

May I suggest you read this thread once more, because then you would realize that there are several ppl who actually care what I have to say and even agree what I have to say about that topic, so you might not care, but to make false claims that nobody cares only undermines you credibility, not mine.
Who cares what those Beatles-Shetles thought about the greatest entertainer of all times, a Man who changed the Culture of his time up until today by himself.

My point, Elvis fans should not care what the beatles or anybody else said about him, Elvis, his Music, his performance can stand on its own, no need for approval from second rate guys like the beatles and yeah they are second rate, because only Elvis is number one, ergo everybody else except God is second our hero.

Sure some may not feel the same way, but in that case you are not really an Elvis fan, are you?
Your words!

music2
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by music2 »

usually dont issue much of a reply to some of what goes on around these parts

but wow just wow

the illogic and fallacious analogies running rampant in this thread would astound even the most (insert your word) of minds

and the fact that big burd is leading the charge is disappointing on quite a few levels

in my extraordinarily insightful, erudite, musically and historically educated, transcendent, ethereally minded, blah, blah, blah thinking...BOTH the beatles and presley were BEHIND the SINGLE GREATEST MUSICAL ensemble in the entire history FORWARDS and BACKWARDS of the puniverse and that is the SESAME STREET BAND led by the GREATEST FRONTMAN the world has or ever will know...BIG BURD!

NOW after hearing the VENOM and completely misguided thinking that spews forth from this once great singer...I can NO LONGER consider them to be #1 (sorry Mr. Henson it is not your fault - rest in peace)

FROM NOW ON..the Sesame Street Band will be at #3!!!!!!!!!!!! on my DEFINITIVE list of musical entities!

who is at number #1 and #2 on my QUINTESSENTIALLY DEFINITIVE omnipresent omniscient list of musical entities the beatles or elvis and in which order

WHO CARES!!!!!!!

JUST ENJOY THE MUSIC and stop worrying which musical entity is best...because the answer is BOTH and NEITHER

it is incredible that such antiquated thinking about whose package is bigger (when it is just a matter of who is using the larger sock) runs rampant in todays "enlightened internet age" where not only tolerance, but an APPRECIATION should be prevalent (yeah right!)

get over it

its not the 60s anymore its not the Beatles vs. Elvis, or Elvis vs. the Beatles, its Elvis AND the Beatles, or Elvis and the Stones, or the Misfits, or the Byrds, or Elvis and Bieber, or the Beatles and Tony Bennett, man get out there and enjoy it all

because guess what your time is LIMITED

instead of listening to what others think and arguing, JUST LISTEN and ENJOY

by the way to show my love for those things HENSON is KING / Sesame Street / MODERN MUSIC...for the - BEST visually entertaining performance of all time! - check out the BANNED Sesame Street video of Katy Perry...if you thought it was something to be shot from the "waist up" in the very "sexually conservative" 1950's...that is NOTHING compared to the BANNED "from the NECK up" (in todays NEW MILLENIUM FREE THINKING era nonetheless) Sesame Street appearance of Katy Perry having a go at a song...BEST PERFORMANCE EVER at least on a visual level

okay

i am rethinking my list Mr. opening poster

to show no hard feelings lets ALL get our way

lets go with:

at #1 - thats right this is who get the TOP SCHLOCK SPOT on the bestest musical entity of all time

HERE:

Katy Perry (regaled in her Saturday Night Live appearance Sesame Street shirt) - this shows our love for you even given your postings Big Bird - singing a medley of "Yellow Bird Submarine / You Ain't Nuthin but a Big Bird"

to sweeten the deal in that we can all have our favorite whether it be Elvis, the Beatles, Sesame Street / Big Bird, or the very visually appealing Katy Perry (to represent those who think that modern music STOMPS both the irrelevance of the Beatles and Elvis and think they BOTH contributed NOTHING to music - hence the qoute "before Katy there was nothing" - Justin Bieber , and the supportive historical quote "before Justin there was nothing" - Katy Perry)

lets go with Ms. Perry

wearing her trademark ELVIS PRESLEY JET BLACK HAIR in a BEATLES MOP TOP style!

she will of course keep the very appealing Sesame Street top

BUT for "waist down", how about...wait for it

shiny satin colorful pants (as an homage to the Beatles Pepper album) AND a humongous belt with an even more enormous belt buckle with a Big (prehistoric) Bird on it to represent ELVIS' stage attire in the 1970's

whew! okay now everybody can "Have a Happy' because after all, "All You Need is Love"

by the way where's midnightx

Winston
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Winston »

No, the "Beatles" want see Elvis! But as they Elvis see they could not say anything and smiled a lot. So Elvis thought, "Bull**t what this for f*****g guys!" He looks to them and said: "You must go to the dentist before I can talk to you. It is terrible what you have in your mouth". Then one of the "Beatles" took Elvis' bass guitar and clean it with a mop. "Hey guys, that is great! Go on!", says Elvis and so the "Beatles" did a good job in cleaning "Graceland".

So, that is the reason, why there is no tape of any recording!

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Winston wrote:No, the "Beatles" want see Elvis! But as they Elvis see they could not say anything and smiled a lot. So Elvis thought, "Bull**t what this for f*****g guys!" He looks to them and said: "You must go to the dentist before I can talk to you. It is terrible what you have in your mouth". Then one of the "Beatles" took Elvis' bass guitar and clean it with a mop. "Hey guys, that is great! Go on!", says Elvis and so the "Beatles" did a good job in cleaning "Graceland".

That was very insightful. Thank you.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
BigBird

Post by BigBird »

eligain wrote:
BigBird wrote:
eligain wrote:
BigBird wrote:
nevermind wrote:
BigBird wrote:
matilda wrote:
pingpong wrote:

Thank you
, agai

BTW2:

Who cares what those Beatles-Shetles thought about the greatest entertainer of all times, a Man who changed the Culture of his time up until today by himself.

My point, Elvis fans should not care what the beatles or anybody else said about him, Elvis, his Music, his performance can stand on its own, no need for approval from second rate guys like the beatles and yeah they are second rate, because only Elvis is number one, ergo everybody else except God is second our hero.

Sure some may not feel the same way, but in that case you are not really an Elvis fan, are you?
Your words!
poooooooooooor try (ripping my stuff out of context and put your own spin to it), may you want ot try again?

Maybe Dr. can school you on how to do this, but then again, he failt doing it with me, so I guess it is hopeless, only the moderator can save you now and I promise you the chances I get kicked out are good and since I dont care, i just go and tell the truth!
Last edited by BigBird on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
BigBird

Post by BigBird »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Winston wrote:No, the "Beatles" want see Elvis! But as they Elvis see they could not say anything and smiled a lot. So Elvis thought, "Bull**t what this for f*****g guys!" He looks to them and said: "You must go to the dentist before I can talk to you. It is terrible what you have in your mouth". Then one of the "Beatles" took Elvis' bass guitar and clean it with a mop. "Hey guys, that is great! Go on!", says Elvis and so the "Beatles" did a good job in cleaning "Graceland".

I got another one:

"all a beatle can do for me is buy my recods and shine my blues sued shoes" (that way they never sing again, cause shining sue takes a freakin long time)

I got more than 5 and less than 100 of these kind of things, if i dont get banned before long, I might share it with you, you Mr. Insightful ....

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

BigBird wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

I got another one:

"all a beatle can do for me is buy my recods and shine my blues sued shoes" (that way they never sing again, cause shining sue takes a freakin long time)

I got more than 5 and less than 100 of these kind of things, if i dont get banned before long, I might share it with you, you Mr. Insightful ....
How often does Sue need to be shined? Just curious.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Topic author
BigBird

Post by BigBird »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
BigBird wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

I got another one:

How often does Sue need to be shined? Just curious.
The question is not how often, the question is how long.

See you are obviously not all that bright, because you failt to understand that I actually mean shining as in make it shiny.

Now sue is not shiny at all, but if you shine it with a brush long enough it eventually will get shiny ....it just talkes a lon time

...got it now?

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by rjm »

An amusing, but strange thread.

I didn't know the hero of Sesame Street indulged in any Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!

(The inaccuracies are equally amusing. I won't even start!)

I'm not even a Beatle-lover. I never thought about them much: I bought all their albums, enjoyed them frequently, enjoyed them on the radio, and so on. To me, for my age, they were always THERE. So, I just took them for granted - the Beatles were . . . the Beatles. It wasn't anything to think very hard about. Unlike Elvis, I knew about them from nearly the beginning, and they were there. They were good. They were talked-about. At day camp, we'd sing "and Ringo was his name-o," instead of "Bingo." That's how it was in the mid-sixties.

But, despite the fact that "like" never proceeded to "love," I respect them tremendously, and I feel, based ON THE EVIDENCE, other than that moment in the White House, that Elvis respected them quite a bit, too. Quite a bit. I doubt he was THAT insecure! If he was, he would have just retired, but he didn't. 45 years ago tonight, he did this. He wasn't insecure about ANY other act.

2.26 MILLION view-count, just for this one rip:

Silly topic!

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

matilda
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by matilda »

if you hinting hinting with your attempt begin funny that it was in reality the opposite....well , your wrong
facts: Beatles wanted to see Elvis...colonel arranged it.
the remark about their teeth was made in private to Larry geller...and really no big deal.
and yes, I think he enjoyed the evening somewhat for what it was.

but thats where it ended concerning Elvis.
Last edited by matilda on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Winston

Post by Winston »

Since I saw the movie "Elvis meet Nixon" I make such quotes about the "Beatles". In this movie Elvis want that the "Beatles" come in the little red book of Nixon because they are dangerous for America. It is a silly but entertaining movie and I have laugh a lot seeing it. So it is good to have a boogey :D . All in all it is from me a compliment to there work.

Last edited by Winston on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

I would not put too much in such things and draw conclusions.

Winston

Post by Winston »

matilda wrote: ... well , your wrong ...
matilda, I know that I was wrong with this. :facep:

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

and I said "if", remember

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

the only thing I am wondering beein true is what their public relation manager supposedly said to the press days later about the meeting or if they
did put words in his mouth to create public tension between Beatles and Elvis which were never there in 1965 at the meeting between them.

eligain

Post by eligain »

BigBird wrote:
eligain wrote:
BigBird wrote:
eligain wrote:
BigBird wrote:
nevermind wrote:
BigBird wrote:
matilda wrote:
pingpong wrote:

Thank you
, agai

BTW2:

Your words!
poooooooooooor try (ripping my stuff out of context and put your own spin to it), may you want ot try again?

Maybe Dr. can school you on how to do this, but then again, he failt doing it with me, so I guess it is hopeless, only the moderator can save you now and I promise you the chances I get kicked out are good and since I dont care, i just go and tell the truth!
Only the moderator can save me from what? We all truly don't care that you hate the Beatles or think they have bad teeth. This is an Elvis board, we care about Elvis. Go kick sand in the faces of Beatles fans over at their boards.

mysterytrainrideson
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Post by mysterytrainrideson »

This thread is hilarious! I'm peeing myself reading it! Bigbird is obviously a bit demented....

Btw, i like Elvis and i like the Beatles.

This user is no longer a member. They have either been banned or requested their account to be closed.

blue boy
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by blue boy »

I heard that birds have very small brains, didn't belive it until now.............Are this this chicken brain for real?