Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

*Kissin' Cousins (Number 2) - extended celluloid version*

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:21 pm

As was the case with many of Elvis' film soundtracks, the "Kissin' Cousins" songs can be heard in a "dryer" audio form on the actual film print, than they sound on the accompanying soundtrack album.

To illustrate: here is an edit I prepared of the track "Kissin' Cousins (Number 2)" [in mono], which now sounds better focused and surprisingly clean - as do all the other "Cousin" recordings - when compared to the version on the much-maligned album master.

During the process, as well as correcting the speed [from a PAL conversion], I decided to extend the track, so it now has a more respectable running time of 1:42.
[There's also a splice on the fade, as this was peculiarly cut even shorter for celluloid].

For a piece of pure unadulterated Hollywood fluff, it genuinely sounds not half bad now, and moreover, perhaps give an idea of how good these tracks could sound if remixed from the "missing in action" source tapes.

Kissin' Cousins (Number 2) - extended celluloid version
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/68844155/file.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: *Kissin' Cousins (Number 2) - extended celluloid version

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Good job. The sound is crisp and clean. Guitar is a little less prominent than I remember though. I'll have to dig out the LP and replay it...or maybe the cd.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:44 pm

You have done an excellent job sounds great!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:02 am

RonBaker2003 wrote:Good job. The sound is crisp and clean. Guitar is a little less prominent than I remember though. I'll have to dig out the LP and replay it...or maybe the cd.

Just in the progress of ripping my LP.

Thanks a lot for this elvisalisellers - sounds very good! ::rocks

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:20 am

elvisalisellers wrote:As was the case with many of Elvis' film soundtracks, the "Kissin' Cousins" songs can be heard in a "dryer" audio form on the actual film print, than they sound on the accompanying soundtrack album.

To illustrate: here is an edit I prepared of the track "Kissin' Cousins (Number 2)" [in mono], which now sounds better focused and surprisingly clean - as do all the other "Cousin" recordings - when compared to the version on the much-maligned album master.

During the process, as well as correcting the speed [from a PAL conversion], I decided to extend the track, so it now has a more respectable running time of 1:42.
[There's also a splice on the fade, as this was peculiarly cut even shorter for celluloid].

For a piece of pure unadulterated Hollywood fluff, it genuinely sounds not half bad now, and moreover, perhaps give an idea of how good these tracks could sound if remixed from the "missing in action" source tapes.

Kissin' Cousins (Number 2) - extended celluloid version
http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/68844155/file.html

What a nice share. But that quote is kind of telling.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:52 pm

Great share, thanks for the efforts!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:35 pm

trouble_jw wrote:Great share, thanks for the efforts!

Indeed - shame that it is such a lame song for the era.
Poor Elvis!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:13 am

Excellent job, Ali. Many thanks.

I've always liked KC No. 2 - and KC No. 1 !!

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:14 pm

Wow! That's
brilliant done!
can you do the same with Catchin' on Fast ;-) ??

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Thanks for your positive comments. Glad everybody seemed to like it.

Here's another one taken directly from the film print:

Again, Elvis' overdubbed vocal is virtually devoid of any kind of reverb, and it sounds all the better for it!

For added listening pleasure, I removed/replaced a small portion of extraneous "film" noise [originally heard on the coda] with an earlier clean passage.

There's Gold In The Mountains (edit) - celluloid version
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/22611982/file.html

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

elvisalisellers wrote:Thanks for your positive comments. Glad everybody seemed to like it.

Here's another one taken directly from the film print:

Again, Elvis' overdubbed vocal is virtually devoid of any kind of reverb, and it sounds all the better for it!

For added listening pleasure, I removed/replaced a small portion of extraneous "film" noise [originally heard on the coda] with an earlier clean passage.

There's Gold In The Mountains (edit) - celluloid version
http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/22611982/file.html

Wow, what a beautiful voice :smt007. Mr.Ernst Jorgensen please give us all the isolated vocals of this recording session 8). Good job on this elvisalisellers. Thanks!. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Watch out, there'll be a "Kissin' Cousins" bootleg coming out pretty soon... :wink:

Thanks for that! ::rocks

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:00 am

Thanks a lot Ali, I really rave on these home made extended versions as long as they are well done. I always loved the short Kissin Cousins version and I'm very happy listening to this longer version.

Here is another example of this kind of work. Also from the Kissin Cousins soundtrack, Catchin' on fast :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQDZxKT5x0Q

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 am

A big thank you from me.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Catchin' On Fast is a slinky, sophisticated sort of number.

I don't mind its brevity and I've always loved that 'sharp intake of breath', right at the end !

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:30 pm

thanks for these David,they sound great

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm

That was really good! It sounded like it was meant to be that way. Excellent work!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm glad to notice the "Kissin' Cousins" hype is growing! Here we have an idea for Ernst and his team of audio wizards. The original album masters should be featured on the Classic Album as that is the way they always present the albums. However, as bonus material is hard to find, it could be an idea to feature mono versions and also new, modern remixes of the original masters. What do others feel? I am not talking about new instruments and stuff. The 2000 CD version of "Promised Land" is a good example of what I mean. If they use them as bonus material and don't mess with how they were played in the studio I think it's quite alright.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:44 pm

FRENCHGUY wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQDZxKT5x0Q

This link is closed or is not to open from Germany. It is possible to offer an other link to download this song? Thanks...