Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: It's past time for a major catalog upgrade

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:01 am

Panhandle Kid wrote:Why is everyone so aggressive on here? Does anyone get along?

This is normal, unless Doc replies then all the blame is on him as usual.

::rocks

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:02 am

In my State of Massachusettes,USA and the surrounding States here on the East Coast,...There is a Store called NEWBURY COMICS that are located in and around all the Malls here,and most likely throughout the USA,im not sure if they are,i haven't checked it out yet if they are.They have alot of Elvis CDs in stock, New and Used at very good prices,I was there yesterday with my Daughter, and I would say that there were at least 60+ different Elvis CDs including most of the catalog albums and Various Box Sets,and 45s,LPs,and 10 inch records.

They were from the USA and the UK mostly as well as other Countries.They also sell all the Elvis DVD Movies,documentaries and all the already released Concerts and TV Specials along with Elvis Books,Posters,action Figures,Board Games,the list is endless,just a bunch of Elvis stuff.

I love these stores because they sell alot of legal Bootlegs that contain hard to find songs,interviews,home recordings and Concerts from the 50s.Its almost like they carry their own little Elvis shop within each store,

The same goes for Hundreds of other Artists like some of the singers mention on here, of every style of music with all your favorites from the 40s,50s,60s,70s-Todays Artists.i love this Store and they started out with only a few stores about 10 years ago that were only located outside the Malls,and now they have moved into the Malls, and now they have become so popular that they are everywhere here on the East coast,it seems like their stores are around every corner now.

People of all ages just love these stores and the teens really love them from what my kids tell me,i love this store and am glad that they have grown so popular and into as big as they are getting,i remember when they first started popping up,just a very few at first and now there are hundreds of them:D

I don't know why they call the store NEWBURY "COMICS" because they don't carry that many Comics,mostly Thousands of CDs and Artists Nolvaty items,oh well i am just extremely happy that they are there,because there are no more Music Stores around like Sam Goody used to be, except this one and all the Used Record and CD shops.
Last edited by SUN-RCA on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:03 am

Clay wrote:In my State of Massachusettes,and throughout the USA,...There is a Store called NEWBURY COMICS that are located in and around all the Malls throughout the USA.They have alot of Elvis CDs in stock, New and Used at very good prices,I was there yesterday with my Daughter, and I would say that there were at least 60+ different Elvis CDs and Various Box Sets,and Albums in 45.LP,and 10 inch records.

They were from the USA and the UK mostly as well as other Countries.They also sell all the Elvis DVD Movies,documentaries and all the already released Concerts and TV Specials along with Elvis Books,Posters,action Figures,Board Games,the list is endless,just a bunch of Elvis stuff.

I like these stores because they sell alot of legal Bootlegs that contain hard to find songs,interviews,home recordings and Concerts from the 50s.Its almost like they carry their own little Elvis shop within the store,

The same goes for Hundreds of other Artists of every style of music with all your favorites from the 40s,50s,60s,70s-Todays Artists.i love this store and they started out with only a few stores about 10 years ago, and now they have become so popular that they are everywhere in the USA,Malls mostly,it seems like their stores are around every corner now,i love this:D

Do they have a cream of the crop Crown website?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:27 am

Honestly, the majority of the albums for Elvis were NOT his original albums. I would say about 90% were from 2000 to today. How Great Thou Art, Loving You and Elvis' first LP were about all that was original. As for the other artists, they had their original albums. Not a bunch of greatest hits to represent their selections as Elvis did.

Do you still think I'm lying, Doc?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:46 am

SuspiciousMind wrote:Honestly, the majority of the albums for Elvis were NOT his original albums. I would say about 90% were from 2000 to today. How Great Thou Art, Loving You and Elvis' first LP were about all that was original. As for the other artists, they had their original albums. Not a bunch of greatest hits to represent their selections as Elvis did.

Do you still think I'm lying, Doc?

Most places keep an inventory list on the store computer of what is stocked and what is available, so how do you know that some of the Elvis stock isn't just sold out waiting on a next day or so shipment?

If Sony has most of the original LP CD's online forsale such a Amazon, etc,. wouldn't it be the store you were at it's responsibility to place orders for their stock?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:52 am

Will everyone just quit arguing. :wtf:

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:09 am

Panhandle Kid wrote:Will everyone just quit arguing. :wtf:

:smt007 We are not arguing, really we love each other! :smt007
Now about you , what is your former login name ?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:18 am

Where is this "local mall" everyone seems to be talking about? The thought of a fully-stocked record store at a mall seems like a very unique and exciting scenario in this day in age. Perhaps elvisallc can show everyone the way?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:22 am

midnightx wrote:Where is this "local mall" everyone seems to be talking about? The thought of a fully-stocked record store at a mall seems like a very unique and exciting scenario in this day in age. Perhaps elvisallc can show everyone the way?

I've been wondering the same thing. There's only a couple stores in my area with a large selection of new cd's, and neither one is tucked away inside a mall.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:35 am

Over here, the record stores are fading like snow in the springtime. But, the online stores have everything Elvis you may wish for! Time flies, and either you accept it and join in, or keep living in the past. To me, it's more important that the catalouge is still there and for everyone to choose from, if they like. I've got everything I need, but I still buy new releases, simply because I like to do so. Crazy as that may be, but... I'm a fan! 8)

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:32 am

The last record store we had at the mall where I live was Sam Goody. It closed at least 10 years ago. All my music shopping (no downloads) is now done online.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:50 am

How about starting to re-release the old 45RPM the way they started coming out way back in '54? :wink:

Let's repeat history again - yay!

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:52 pm

midnightx wrote:Where is this "local mall" everyone seems to be talking about? The thought of a fully-stocked record store at a mall seems like a very unique and exciting scenario in this day in age. Perhaps elvisallc can show everyone the way?

Apparently you have never heard of a MUSIC (not record) store named FYE (FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT) or you would know that malls across America have at least one location in them. http://www.fye.com/

And since you like to assume things about people, maybe we should assume why an anti-Elvis fan spends so much time on an Elvis forum?

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Panhandle Kid wrote:Why is everyone so aggressive on here? Does anyone get along?

No kidding.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:46 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
matilda wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
That's a total of 8 new album projects that would define the true essence of Elvis post the 50's ..:

and why only post(!!!!) 50s Elvis?

I mean..do you really think that the general listening non Elvis audience prefer your 17track album from 1976 with mostly maudlin ballads and several weak vocal performances over really shining performances from the 50s?
funny.

and shine a light on his work

so I guess the 1976 material shines more than any 50s compilation album.
cause his 50s work is essential and appealing to a general audience. well, not in your list.

The 50s stuff is more difficult. As the has been conceded on here in the past, it simply doesn't sell as well as the 1968-77 material. The best RCA material in the 50s is bundled up on the Legacy edition of the first album. That leaves the soundtrack material from the 50s which should, and could, be put together as a double disc package (and quite why it hasn't been is anybody's guess). Besides that, there are relatively few tracks left out when one takes into account the Gold Records series which are available individually or as a boxed set for about £15.

that was not my point as I was referring specifically to 2 points made by the owner of this thread.
and it was not about selling in general.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 am

Good point. You have set a terrific example since joining the forum just 4 days ago.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77475&p=1183333#p1183333
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77390&p=1183335#p1183335
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77475&p=1183428#p1183428
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77390&p=1183433#p1183433

Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:34 am

matilda wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
matilda wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:
That's a total of 8 new album projects that would define the true essence of Elvis post the 50's ..:

I mean..do you really think that the general listening non Elvis audience prefer your 17track album from 1976 with mostly maudlin ballads and several weak vocal performances over really shining performances from the 50s?
funny.

cause his 50s work is essential and appealing to a general audience. well, not in your list.

The 50s stuff is more difficult. As the has been conceded on here in the past, it simply doesn't sell as well as the 1968-77 material. The best RCA material in the 50s is bundled up on the Legacy edition of the first album. That leaves the soundtrack material from the 50s which should, and could, be put together as a double disc package (and quite why it hasn't been is anybody's guess). Besides that, there are relatively few tracks left out when one takes into account the Gold Records series which are available individually or as a boxed set for about £15.

that was not my point as I was referring specifically to 2 points made by the owner of this thread.

My comment answered that point. You say the 50s material is more appealing, but if obviously isn't going by sales figures. If it were, we would have seen more Legacy series titles from the early period, too.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:08 pm

It would be very unusual for an FYE store to carry deep catalog items of Bobby Darin, Ricky Nelson or Ray Charles. On the other hand, they do have the Legacy reissues of Elvis albums like Elvis is Back, From Elvis in Memphis, and Elvis Country. I'd say his catalog is pretty well represented in comparison to other artists.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Another Wile E. Coyote brainstorm. In 2013,purchased music is downloaded in 320kbs at best. Remastering is over and done. Nothing to see here let's move along.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:51 am

SuspiciousMind wrote: But from the ones that I viewed they all had a more balanced selection of REAL albums compared to that of Elvis. How hard is that to understand?

So apparently you're an expert in EVERY other artists' work to be able to recognize that they had a "well balanced" catalog.

SuspiciousMind wrote:
And since you like to assume things about people, maybe we should assume why an anti-Elvis fan spends so much time on an Elvis forum?

You prove in every thread that you have the emotional capacity of a five year old.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:05 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
matilda wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
matilda wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:

funny.

My comment answered that point. You say the 50s material is more appealing, but if obviously isn't going by sales figures. If it were, we would have seen more Legacy series titles from the early period, too.

not really you answered my point. since I was more after the "what makes his work shine"..coming from the owner....and in this context the 76..77 material is strange....since I was goin with the suggestions.
simple as that.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:27 pm

Sam The Record Man (who sadly passed away last year - Sam Sniderman) the only one left in Canada sits nicely in Belleville, Ontario, Canada...at the Quinte Mall (a true rarity in this day in age) and there selection on Elvis is amazing as well as many other artists!! Here`s there website;

http://www.samsbelleville.com/contact-us

http://www.quintemall.com/

and we have a HMV in this mall as well...

Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:16 am

Justin wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:

You prove in every thread that you have the emotional capacity of a five year old.

Sadly, there are many here who fit this description!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:25 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Justin wrote:
SuspiciousMind wrote:

Sadly, there are many here who fit this description!

yeah thought that myself more than once!!

Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:05 am

The battle continues.