Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

June 27,1968

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:57 am

Today begins the live taping for the Nbc tv special.Im amazed u guys are behind on this.

Re: June 27,1968

Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:50 am

i watched the sitdowns just earlier actually! wanted to see what ekeee was talking about in his one night pull the plug theories.. lol think he might have something there.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:07 am

45 years ago tonight.

I will watch tonight.

Thank you, Elvis.

rjm

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:22 am

ritchie valens wrote:Today begins the live taping for the Nbc tv special.Im amazed u guys are behind on this.

I was watching some of this magnificent show today.
rjm wrote:45 years ago tonight.

I will watch tonight.

Thank you, Elvis.

rjm

45 years later and it looks as cool today as it did back then. Rock & roll's greatest performer at his best!

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:29 am

Kylan wrote:i watched the sitdowns just earlier actually! wanted to see what ekeee was talking about in his one night pull the plug theories.. lol think he might have something there.

Thanks Kylan, What do you think of that little shrug/smile of Elvis' after the second time it was done?

Kind of seems like it was a bit planned doesn't it? Don't get me wrong I understand why they did it, if they were

planning on using the footage.

Also, it's not that easy to pull a plug out of a guitar input.
And for it to happen probably only twice in his career a few hours apart, seems a bit much.

"Somebody pulled the plug"!!!!

It's supposed to be a bit of comedy but it kinda ruins otherwise perfect performances of "one night".

I also think the weakest of the 3 performances was the one used for the special, because it was the humorous "no strap" version, but
its also the only one where the plug stayed in.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:54 pm

I am pretty sure it was accidental. It's very easy to pull out a jackplug. I've had that happen many times. Elvis always smiled when something went wrong.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:53 am

Or he cussed when he was the one that made the mistake. Parker was stupid wanted it to have him sing some silly film songs as a medley.Elvis and Steve Binder changed it.You would have thought after the tv special aired E would have told Parker hit the road you are fired.