Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Any FTD news yet??

Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:37 pm

is there any news yet about the new releases?, and when can we expect them? :)

Re: Any FTD news yet??

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:21 am

no ive not heard a bean yet hoping for moody blue . elvis in concert. or kissin c :D usins

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:25 am

They're delayed. :smt003

Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:54 pm

Can't wait for these two beauties -

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:04 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:Can't wait for these two beauties -

image.jpg

Me neither, a mess of polk salad. They are great releases and essential for everyone's Elvis collection.

I can't wait to hear what's in store for us for the next FTD releases.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:41 pm

BrianTCB wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:Can't wait for these two beauties -

image.jpg

Me neither, a mess of polk salad. They are great releases and essential for everyone's Elvis collection.

I can't wait to hear what's in store for us for the next FTD releases.

Same as buddy...

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 pm

I hear the new 1969 Vegas show has been delayed; this is because the got the tape mixed up with a previously released 1969 show and no one noticed the difference!!! :lol:

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Tony.. wrote:I hear the new 1969 Vegas show has been delayed; this is because the got the tape mixed up with a previously released 1969 show and no one noticed the difference!!! :lol:

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:48 pm

I am tensely of the set list of the three concerts. I think there are so many surprises that these releases are real highlights.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:57 pm

The only 'surprise' on the 1974 shows is that JD Sumner does his 'dive bomb' routine just the once! :wink:

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Winston wrote:I am tensely of the set list of the three concerts.

What does that mean?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Rob wrote: ... What does that mean? ...

That was a gag about the posts in another thread about the set lists of our man and the question if new releases of concerts are really highlights.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Tony.. wrote:The only 'surprise' on the 1974 shows is that JD Sumner does his 'dive bomb' routine just the once! :wink:

It will surprise you how surprising these shows are.. ..fasten your seat belts..:wink:

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:25 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Tony.. wrote:I hear the new 1969 Vegas show has been delayed; this is because the got the tape mixed up with a previously released 1969 show and no one noticed the difference!!! :lol:

:smt003 superb!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Tony.. wrote:The only 'surprise' on the 1974 shows is that JD Sumner does his 'dive bomb' routine just the once! :wink:

It will surprise you how surprising these shows are.. ..fasten your seat belts..:wink:

You have heard these? I think Elvis really sounded superb around this time - sober, polished and full of energy

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Ciscoking wrote:

Elvis does imromptu versions of "Feelings", "Baby, let's play house" and "The Wombling song"??!! :lol:

Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:

Elvis does imromptu versions of "Feelings", "Baby, let's play house" and "The Wombling song"??!! :lol:

A dream come true for Mr Womble lover :oops:

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:22 pm

FTD just informed us that the June titles will be available in July. The cd's will be shipped this Friday and will arrive in our shop in the first week of July, the vinyl release will follow one week later.

The titles are:

Sold Out’ (2CD-7”), featuring the March and June concerts in 1974 from Tulsa and Cleveland. Prepared and researched for FTD by Robert Frieser / Hans Slebos ( 'Forty Eight Hours To Memphis' and '3000 South Paradise Road') this release will be presented in 7" format accompanied by 16-page 4-color booklet and extensive liner notes.

‘Hot August Night (1CD-7”), FTD’s 2nd must-have release Includes the complete live recording from the midnight show, August 25, 1969! Presented in 7" format with 12-page 4-color booklet.

‘Elvis Recorded Live On Stage in Memphis’ (2LP) FTD's next vinyl release features, for the first time on this format, the complete concert recorded on March 20,1974 in Memphis Tennessee.

Pre order 'Sold Out'
Pre order 'Hot August Night'
Pre order 'Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis''

Published: june 26th 2013 06:36 PM.
Source: shopElvisMatters.com / Published by: ElvisMatters - David Hamal .

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Tony.. wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:

A new show is a new show, even though the August '69 shows sound like cookie cutter copies of each other.
Last edited by TCB-FAN on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:13 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:

An new show is a new show, even though the August '69 shows sound like cookie cutter copies of each other.

I wish they would... :roll: Talking about consistent sound quality...

Ah wait! Now I finally understand why every show has a different mix! :D :lol:

Still clinging to the hope that one fine day (maybe in August 2019) we'll get a (FTD?) box set with all recorded shows from August 1969, remixed and remastered in the best possible (and consistent!) audio quality with a phat book, documenting that important period.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:40 am

Wow Cisco,

That's such a tantalizing build-up you've made, "fasten your seat belts." Really? I can be somewhat excited as March thru June of '74 is one of my favorite concert time periods, but surprises? - We've already seen the set list!? -nothing unusual there. I guess your expression must represent that he gives a lot of high energy and enthusiasm in the shows.

Darrell

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:01 am

TCB-FAN wrote:An new show is a new show, even though the August '69 shows sound like cookie cutter copies of each other.

This gets so very old. Each era of Presley Vegas dates and U.S. tours sound very much like one another. It is not exclusive to July-August 1969.

The difference, of course, is that Elvis in 1969 was full of fire, rocking hard and giving his all on every single number.

I'll take that. Every time.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:23 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:An new show is a new show, even though the August '69 shows sound like cookie cutter copies of each other.

This gets so very old. Each era of Presley Vegas dates and U.S. tours sound very much like one another. It is not exclusive to July-August 1969.

The difference, of course, is that Elvis in 1969 was full of fire, rocking hard and giving his all on every single number.

+1

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:53 am

Mitch wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

+1

+1 - 1

Here's a novel idea instead of pounding the same season of concerts 24/7

like ONLY 69 because your mom and epe won't let you listen to anything past 73

or you ONLY listen to opening night 74 because of the tremendous crowd reaction and the best friend of your friend who has an uncle who has a dog that knows the owner of the tape recorded by the guy in the front row cheering and yelling at the incredible set list

or your pet turtle ONLY is happy when you listen to the chaos and near riots caused by the elderly clamoring for a scarf in 77

how about a little variety as there were great concerts in 69, 70, and dare I say even beyond

the good thing about it not being 1920 anymore is that you are not limited to your gramophone disc or flintstones disc player or whatever

take a look at your discs and burn yourself a nice disc that contains the brightest moments from 69 to at least 1975 (the end of 76 in some circles and even 77 in others)

Presley took you on a great journey with some highs and some lows...explore...ignore...i implore to got to at least 74...and perhaps even more...now you have the floor

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 pm

music2 wrote:
Mitch wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

+1

+1 - 1

Here's a novel idea instead of pounding the same season of concerts 24/7

like ONLY 69 because your mom and epe won't let you listen to anything past 73

or you ONLY listen to opening night 74 because of the tremendous crowd reaction and the best friend of your friend who has an uncle who has a dog that knows the owner of the tape recorded by the guy in the front row cheering and yelling at the incredible set list

or your pet turtle ONLY is happy when you listen to the chaos and near riots caused by the elderly clamoring for a scarf in 77

how about a little variety as there were great concerts in 69, 70, and dare I say even beyond

the good thing about it not being 1920 anymore is that you are not limited to your gramophone disc or flintstones disc player or whatever

take a look at your discs and burn yourself a nice disc that contains the brightest moments from 69 to at least 1975 (the end of 76 in some circles and even 77 in others)

Presley took you on a great journey with some highs and some lows...explore...ignore...i implore to got to at least 74...and perhaps even more...now you have the floor

....but he still never performed "The Wombling song"! :cry: