Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New fake Duet with Frank Sinatra on CD

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:49 am

Released this month in Great Britain is a new album from the Label One Trybal (?) with the Title: Impossible Duets – Frank Sinatra & Friends. On this album are faked Duets with Frankie-Boy and famous "Friends" like Louis Armstrong, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Marilyn Monroe, Doris Day and others. The Duet with Elvis is a version of Are You Lonesome Tonight?. The Album would produce from Alex Zullo from Italy. :shock: I do not like such faked things.

Re: New fake Duet with Frank Sinatra on CD

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 am

You can hear it here:
http://www.junodownload.com/products/frank-sinatra-friends-impossible-duets/2207597-02/

Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Wow. That's pretty bad. Sometimes two rights really do make a wrong.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:52 pm

It really is bad, just played the album, great potential but cheaply done !

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:19 pm

Works reasonably well in parts but some bits are a mess. The bits that work are not bad imho.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:35 pm

It sounds strange. I can still hear the guitar when his vocal comes in.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:11 am

I'm usually open to enjoying duets, remixes and the like.....but that's bloody awful! Horrible, disjointed.

And a duet doesn't work when there's only one real singer.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:07 am

Not one of the better computer messes

Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:47 pm

dannyboy1 wrote:
And a duet doesn't work when there's only one real singer.

I sincerely hope that comment doesn't infer that Frank Sinatra is not a "real" singer. :|

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't like this sort of thing. Also, you're mixing a great versatile singer of all kinds with an easy listening crooner whose styles and genres are a mile apart. You may as well join Elvis up with Motorhead. :smt006

Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:21 pm

Tony.. wrote:I don't like this sort of thing. Also, you're mixing a great versatile singer of all kinds with an easy listening crooner whose styles and genres are a mile apart. You may as well join Elvis up with Motorhead. :smt006

Both singers were versatile, and both were great. However, the arrangements of these performances are vastly different. Presley's was a huge single, and Sinatra's was recorded for a rather esoteric album of archaic ballads in waltz time which is, perhaps, one of his less approachable albums, despite the fact that the singing and arrangements are pure class.

Rather oddly, the makers of the CD believe it will appeal to the younger generation!

Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:36 pm

Sinatra was not that much versatile, but call him an easy listening crooner when he was an ARTIST that took great care in his recording, turning out mostly masterpieces thematic albums miles away from an easy listening crooner such as Andy Williams or Perry Como. And indeed sinatra probably made the most difficult listening vocal albums (difficult in a sense that they were the antithesis of hazy crazy lazy days of summer or Spanish eyes) . Try only the lonely (1958) for a start and marvel at his feeling and phrasing and the insuperable Nelson Riddle charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:14 pm

frus75 wrote:Sinatra was not that much versatile, but call him an easy listening crooner when he was an ARTIST that took great care in his recording, turning out mostly masterpieces thematic albums miles away from an easy listening crooner such as Andy Williams or Perry Como. And indeed sinatra probably made the most difficult listening vocal albums (difficult in a sense that they were the antithesis of hazy crazy lazy days of summer or Spanish eyes) . Try only the lonely (1958) for a start and marvel at his feeling and phrasing and the insuperable Nelson Riddle charts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We tend to forget just what Sinatra did do as a singer. He's known for his swing material, of course, but the torch albums are really quite the opposite. Those aren't about the sense of timing that dominates good swing singing at all, but about approaching emotional depths that Presley arguably never managed. We also shouldn't forget the majesty of an album such as The Concert Sinatra, which is quite unlike any other recording he made and is almost operatic in his delivery of epic broadway ballads. In the late 1960s and during the 1970s he made a fair stab at country material, too, and he even approached disco with the appalling remakes of Night and Day and All or Nothing at All in 1977 and the better LA Is My Lady in 1984. The 60s and 70s also saw him tackling soft-rock on a number of albums. That's Life is a weird amalgam of rock, swing and soul. Plus there are the two sublime bossa nova albums, and the live dates from 1959 and 1962 which see Sinatra performing pure jazz rather than big band swing. There are also a surprising number of sacred recordings, especially from the 1940s, and the classical-style "The Future", which formed part of Trilogy in 1979.

Sadly, the likelihood is that Tony.. (to whom frus is replying the above quote) has probably heard half a dozen albums at most and simply made assumptions.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:24 pm

I do really like Frank, but his version of 'Are You Lonesome Tonight?' is best forgotten.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:17 pm

TJ wrote:I do really like Frank, but his version of 'Are You Lonesome Tonight?' is best forgotten.

Actually, it's not. It was never meant to have the commercial appeal of Presley's recording, and was made for a very different market. Taken out of context, it sounds plodding and heavy-handed. But that's the problem, Sinatra was recording an album, not a song to be listened to separately, and there is a very good reason why the songs from "All Alone" are rarely compiled elsewhere. They are meant to be listened to as a suite of music almost. It's not my favourite album by Sinatra by any means (far from it), and gets very few spins in my CD player, but that doesn't mean it's bad - it simply requires undivided attention in order for the album to be enjoyed.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:06 am

For those interested, you can get it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Impossible-Duet ... 26+Friends

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Also stream it for free, on SPOTTY ......... if u dare ?