Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Question about 53310761

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:27 pm

Does anyone know exactly when Elvis was assigned his army serial number? There is a valid reason why I am asking this which will become clear if someone knows the answer to this.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Question about 53310761

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Tony.. wrote:Does anyone know exactly when Elvis was assigned his army serial number? There is a valid reason why I am asking this which will become clear if someone knows the answer to this.
Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 24, 1958. Are you in an Elvis.com contest?

March 24, 1958
At 6.35 AM, Elvis reports to the Memphis Draft Board, accompanied by his parents and a group of family and friends. He and twelve other recruits were bused to Kennedy Veterans Hospital. There, Elvis is assigned army serial number 53 310 761. After being processed and sworn in, Private Presley was bused with the others from Memphis to Fort Chaffee, Arkansas for further processing.

http://www.elvispresleypedia.com/epedia/of%20all%20kinds/army.htm

Re: Question about 53310761

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks for the info. The main reason I ask is because whenever you see Elvis dog tags / bracelets / anklets etc for sale or displayed in Elvis memorabilia books, they usually seem to have Elvis' army no. etched onto them, but the accompanying cards that they came with and were sold with have EPE C.1956 on them. For an example of this, please see the items of memorabilia as pictured on page 69 of the recent hardback book"Collecting Elvis Presley - the 1950's". Maybe the cards themselves were all printed in 1956 and the bracelets etc manufactured later? Yet, when these come up for sale anywhere, they are invariably listed as coming from 1956!!!