Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:58 pm

A bizarre question but there is reason for asking.

My young son is watching the first series of The Six Million Dollar Man and, so far, I have noticed four of Elvis' co-stars who guest-star prominently in different episodes: Michele Carey, Gary Lockwood, the chap that Elvis initially Knocks out (where's my five dollars) in Kid Galahad, and the father of the five little girls in Speedway who issues IOU notes to everyone.

I was wondering if Elvis minor connection with Lee Majors helped those just mentioned land these guest starring roles?

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:14 pm

I Love that show so much when i was a kid and still do :D

ELVIS AND LEE MAJORS

Image

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:40 pm

I believe that Elvis, during a show that had Majors in the audience, asked Majors to come on stage and do the slow-mo six million dollar run on stage. Apparantly, Lee declined the kind offer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:56 pm

LesterB wrote: I was wondering if Elvis minor connection with Lee Majors helped those just mentioned land these guest starring roles?


No.

All those actors had careers outside of doing a movie with Elvis.

They would audition for those roles and win them on their own.

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:41 am

:D Didn't Lee Majors have a bit part in Clambake.....

I think he was a waiter in a fez hat if my memory serves me right....

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:03 am

Elvis strikes me as a Bionic Woman kinda guy.

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:I believe that Elvis, during a show that had Majors in the audience, asked Majors to come on stage and do the slow-mo six million dollar run on stage. Apparantly, Lee declined the kind offer.


It was during the March-April 1975 Las Vegas engagement, and Majors apparently did indeed make a "run."

Yes, Elvis no doubt enjoyed ABC-TV's "The Six Million Dollar Man."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Six_Million_Dollar_Man

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Lee appeared as a cameo in Clambake. He's in the bar scene where Elvis meets Shelley. In the background you'll see a waiter dressed with a fez ad moustache, that's him.

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:10 am

philobeddo wrote:Lee appeared as a cameo in Clambake. He's in the bar scene where Elvis meets Shelley. In the background you'll see a waiter dressed with a fez ad moustache, that's him.


never knew that...just checked it out for myself...thanks very much philobeddo !!Are there others with regards to future actors/actresses that appeared in elvis` films as extra`s or no credit?? Just curious and thanks again.

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:34 am

Here is another of Lee Majors on the set of Clambake, taken at the "Hayward gas station" scene.

Clambake.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:13 am

philobeddo wrote:Lee appeared as a cameo in Clambake. He's in the bar scene where Elvis meets Shelley. In the background you'll see a waiter dressed with a fez ad moustache, that's him.


So did Lee do this as a friend or as a joke since he was by then a TV star with the Big Valley?

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:02 am

Image

This Clambake movie moment has come up a few times in past threads. Here is one of them:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=22530

Re: Did Elvis watch The Six Million Dollar Man

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:18 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Bob-Holland wrote:I believe that Elvis, during a show that had Majors in the audience, asked Majors to come on stage and do the slow-mo six million dollar run on stage. Apparantly, Lee declined the kind offer.


It was during the March-April 1975 Las Vegas engagement, and Majors apparently did indeed make a "run."

Yes, Elvis no doubt enjoyed ABC-TV's "The Six Million Dollar Man."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Six_Million_Dollar_Man


Many thanks Bob-Holland and drjohncarpenter, I didn't know this.

I wonder what Lee Majors made of Elvis given that he first met him just before Elvis' rebirth together with this encounter during 75 when Elvis was going into decline (although still very good during much of 75).