Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Heres' an idea

Sat May 10, 2003 5:14 am

Can you see bmg or ftd put out elvis music in mp3 version.

You can get more elvis outtakes and live shows on 1 cd.

curtis simpkins

Sat May 10, 2003 12:21 pm

Hey Curtis, do you know a bloke called Herbert Bear, who in the later part of '78 changed his name to Elvis Presley coz the peoples says he looks like Elvis Presley? Or Tommy for that matter? :lol:

Sat May 10, 2003 12:23 pm

Why stop there?

Put the entire catalogue on one or two DVD A's.

Then FTD can close down. RCA never issue another release.

I am sure RCA would love to kill the golden goose.

And we all would love never ever having something "new" to look forward to!

We all could find a new hobby - like spelling 101.

Sat May 10, 2003 5:39 pm

The MP3 thing will probably happen, but I doubt such a project would be aimed at the serious Presley collector. Most of the people that post here like to collect their music on CD complete with artwork, sleeve notes, and any other extras the record company decides to add. This also gives us the music in the best possible sound quality. Something that MP3’s cannot offer.

I think the people that would show more interest in Elvis songs via the MP3 format would be casual buyers that are building collections of their favourite tracks, rather than collecting every recording by a certain artist.

I like the DVD audio idea, but agree that it’s really not likely to happen. Why would BMG want to sell us all the available recordings on two discs, when they can still them to us on fifty?

Sat May 10, 2003 7:34 pm

This be a good idea for the boot cds
like elvis concerts that takes two cds but with mp3s it will take
one cd.

curtis simpkins

Sat May 10, 2003 8:24 pm

Personally, I’d rather have the complete concert spread over two discs in the best possible sound quality, rather than the whole show compressed on to one disc in MP3 format that will only play on either my PC or an MP3 player.

Sat May 10, 2003 9:25 pm

todays mp3s sound a lot better then they did before
it sound like when you record them into wave files.

theres a prog, called mp3 pro.
and its a good prg,

curtis simpkins