Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Abandoned songs from cancelled August 1967 sessions?

Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:59 am

We all know Elvis laid down studio recordings of “We Call On Him”, “From A Jack To A King”, “After Loving You” and “Guitar Man”.

This question has most likely been answered here before, but: why didn’t Elvis record the remaining songs after the cancelled sessions from August 22-23, 1967?

- If This Love Is Wrong
- Here Comes Tomorrow
- Ramblin’ Rose
- And I Tell The Sea
- Brown Eyed Handsome Man
- I’ll Never Find Another You
- Tonight I Won’t Be There
- Baby What You Want Me To Do

At least we have “Brown Eyed Handsome Man” from the Million Dollar Quartet and “Baby What You Want Me To Do” in great versions from the 68 Comeback Special and some neat live renditions.

Doc, can you share a little more info on these abandoned tracks? Thanks in advance.

I’m pretty sure with all these great musicians it would have been a great album. But everything turned out differently.

Re: Abandoned songs from cancelled August 1967 sessions?

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:20 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:We all know Elvis laid down studio recordings of “We Call On Him”, “From A Jack To A King”, “After Loving You” and “Guitar Man”.

This question has most likely been answered here before, but: why didn’t Elvis record the remaining songs after the cancelled sessions from August 22-23, 1967?

- If This Love Is Wrong
- Here Comes Tomorrow
- Ramblin’ Rose
- And I Tell The Sea
- Brown Eyed Handsome Man
- I’ll Never Find Another You
- Tonight I Won’t Be There
- Baby What You Want Me To Do

At least we have “Brown Eyed Handsome Man” from the Million Dollar Quartet and “Baby What You Want Me To Do” in great versions from the 68 Comeback Special and some neat live renditions.

Doc, can you share a little more info on these abandoned tracks? Thanks in advance.

I’m pretty sure with all these great musicians it would have been a great album. But everything turned out differently.

I can do even better than that!

A Strange Session --> August 22, 1967
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50204

Take a look, enjoy, and make a comment on the topic.