Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: ELVIS @ STAX 2-LP

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:41 pm

I disagree, the early Beatles albums sound great and most of those had sides well over twenty min.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:55 pm

The first Beatles album to exceed 40 minutes is The White Album. The earliy albums rarely exceed 36 minutes.

It depends on the music and the cutting. DMM cuttings will allow more playing time with less compromises than regular cuttings.

This link has some great information from one of the best engineers: http://www.recordtech.com/prodsounds.htm

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:20 pm

You are right more songs can go on lps.yes i would have bought a 4 lp set Using Ftd outtakes not Essential Elvis vol 5 without dialogue placed where it doesnt belong.As use.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Vinyl review here:

http://www.elvisnews.com/articles.aspx/elvis-at-stax/1513

Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:34 pm

I'm happy with the product.
I ordered from the U.K via importcds.com for only $14.79 and it arrived yesterday.Initially I was hoping the packaging would have been a 2LP gatefold inside a slip case but alas, it's just like the legacy release of the 2LP Madison Square Garden concert.
Still, a great value for money item if you can get it for under $20.00
Gave it a spin last night and sounds ace to my ears.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Okay, I admit I kinda like the back cover artwork... :oops:

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:16 pm

docfreem wrote:I'm happy with the product.
I ordered from the U.K via importcds.com for only $14.79 and it arrived yesterday.Initially I was hoping the packaging would have been a 2LP gatefold inside a slip case but alas, it's just like the legacy release of the 2LP Madison Square Garden concert.

Thanks for back cover picture.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:06 am

Any artwork on inner sleeves?

Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:10 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:Any artwork on inner sleeves?

Nope, plain white inner sleeves

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:12 pm

I'm still critical about this one and the bare bones way it was done. Sounds great...where's the rest.

Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:19 pm

I stopped at my favorite record shop yesterday and they actually had this playing in house. It sounded pretty good pumping through the whole store. I would have liked a little more packaging as well (but the orange RCA labels took me back to my early 70s days of Elvis collecting), at least something on the inner sleeves. I've been riding the fence on this release, but the vinyl lover in me just may have to make another trip.

T

Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:21 pm

terbon4 wrote:I stopped at my favorite record shop yesterday and they actually had this playing in house. It sounded pretty good pumping through the whole store. I would have liked a little more packaging as well (but the orange RCA labels took me back to my early 70s days of Elvis collecting), at least something on the inner sleeves. I've been riding the fence on this release, but the vinyl lover in me just may have to make another trip.

T

The packaging is a bit of a let down but the sound is FANTASTIC!

All it needed was a booklet and gatefold...

Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Seriously, I'm in this 'business' for a very long time, but where the f**k can I buy the vinyl set in Germany?

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:24 am

Can't stop playing it –– sounds brilliant!

image.jpg

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:32 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:Can't stop playing it –– sounds brilliant!

Compared the vinyl with cd version?

Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:57 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:

Instrument separation is better but it's going to sound better as opposed to playing on ipod and dock...
I think it marginally beats the FTD Promised Land vinyl sound for sure; nonetheless it's your own preference...

Would have liked "Take Good Care Of Her" & "If You Don't Come Back" takes on there...

sound is fresh but warm too.

Bottom line: sound is 10/10 -- packaging 8/10

image.jpg

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:29 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:

Instrument separation is better but it's going to sound better as opposed to playing on ipod and dock...
I think it marginally beats the FTD Promised Land vinyl sound for sure; nonetheless it's your own preference...

Would have liked "Take Good Care Of Her" & "If You Don't Come Back" takes on there...

image.jpg

ok :D

Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:24 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:
a mess of polk salad wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:

image.jpg

ok :D

Sound really is sensational! But minimal packaging is a let down...

IMG_1559.jpg

Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:45 am

docfreem wrote:I'm happy with the product.

Couldn't agree more...
image.jpg

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:37 pm

This one isnt limited edition like the FTDs ?
Meaning no rush in ordering?

Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:06 am

G.I. Blues wrote:Seriously, I'm in this 'business' for a very long time, but where the f**k can I buy the vinyl set in Germany?

http://www.amazon.de/Elvis-at-Stax-Vinyl-LP/dp/B00DUPQ9R0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380150297&sr=8-2&keywords=elvis+stax+vinyl