Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Marty Pasetta interview

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:42 am

I always wonder what if....he had done the CBS special or any other director who had told 5 weeks before the filming that he must put some other songs in and lost some weight....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... RcG04&NR=1

Re: Marty Pasetta interview

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:52 am

ep2 wrote:I always wonder what if....he had done the CBS special or any other director who had told 5 weeks before the filming that he must put some other songs in and lost some weight....

Elvis was a different person in June 1977. No one could have made it any better.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:05 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Elvis was a different person in June 1977. No one could have made it any better.

very true, but changes a year or two earlier might have made a difference in the final outcome in relation to his demise, not so much the CBS special itself. Put people around elvis who actually cared STEVE BINDER, CHIPS MOMAN and the results speak for themselves, sadly elvis was just to far gone by june `77.

Sat May 31, 2014 10:30 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ep2 wrote:I always wonder what if....he had done the CBS special or any other director who had told 5 weeks before the filming that he must put some other songs in and lost some weight....

Elvis was a different person in June 1977. No one could have made it any better.

You don't think even the likes of Priscilla would've helped Elvis out of his slumber had she made a serious attempt, even as far as moving back to Graceland etc?

Sat May 31, 2014 10:45 pm

memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

You don't think even the likes of Priscilla would've helped Elvis out of his slumber had she made a serious attempt, even as far as moving back to Graceland etc?

apparently at one point she did approach with Elvis the backing of some other people about going to a clinic in 1976 or 1977. of course u know what happened.

Sat May 31, 2014 10:49 pm

DEH wrote:
memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

apparently at one point she did approach with Elvis the backing of some other people about going to a clinic in 1976 or 1977. of course u know what happened.

Do you think if she per say wanted to fix things with Elvis get back together do you think that would had been enough to get him to do something about his problem.

Sat May 31, 2014 11:11 pm

memphisound wrote:
DEH wrote:
memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Do you think if she per say wanted to fix things with Elvis get back together do you think that would had been enough to get him to do something about his problem.

I don't think that was the answer. i don't think they would have been able to get back together after all that happened in the previous 5 years. I don't know if Elvis would have taken back a woman who had hooked up with another guy behind his back.

Sat May 31, 2014 11:32 pm

DEH wrote:I don't think that was the answer. i don't think they would have been able to get back together after all that happened in the previous 5 years. I don't know if Elvis would have taken back a woman who had hooked up with another guy behind his back.

And why would Priscilla in her right mind want to return to a disloyal man who had cheated on her countless times behind her back with woman after woman after woman?

Sat May 31, 2014 11:43 pm

Matthew wrote:
DEH wrote:I don't think that was the answer. i don't think they would have been able to get back together after all that happened in the previous 5 years. I don't know if Elvis would have taken back a woman who had hooked up with another guy behind his back.

And why would Priscilla in her right mind want to return to a disloyal man who had cheated on her countless times behind her back with woman after woman after woman?

women do it everyday. :roll: :roll: But in this case the disloyal guy also had a bad drug habit and was out of shape. so no there was no way in hell Priscilla would have gone back.

Sat May 31, 2014 11:54 pm

DEH wrote:
Matthew wrote:

women do it everyday. :roll: :roll: But in this case the disloyal guy also had a bad drug habit and was out of shape. so no there was no way in hell Priscilla would have gone back.

to be fair we must add that there are plenty of disloyal women out there too.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:04 am

DEH wrote:to be fair we must add that there are plenty of disloyal women out there too.

Sure, but when it came to Elvis and Priscilla's marriage, Elvis was the bad egg with infidelity after infidelity after infidelity.

It's little wonder the marriage crumbled with Priscilla ultimately leaving him.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:58 am

Elvis and Priscilla were both cheaters, just seemed Elvis had more opportunities to do so.
...ok now back on topic.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:12 am

Matthew wrote:
DEH wrote:to be fair we must add that there are plenty of disloyal women out there too.

Sure, but when it came to Elvis and Priscilla's marriage, Elvis was the bad egg with infidelity after infidelity after infidelity.

It's little wonder the marriage crumbled with Priscilla ultimately leaving him.

The historical record shows that from the time they met (September 1959) to the time they parted (December 1971) Elvis was always seeing other women. Whatever Priscilla did after their wedding in May 1967 is a drop in the bucket compared to her partner's polyamorous ways.

Back on topic: Marty Pasetta could not have saved the marriage.