Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Cadillac Cadillac, long and dark, shiny and black

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:27 pm

Last week my friend Steve sent me a link to some photos of a 55 black Cadillac said to have been owned by Elvis and thought to be the band's tour car so I thought it worth looking into and ultimately got this page out of it. check it out and decide for yourselves
http://www.scottymoore.net/54tourlimo.html

Thanks to rizzy56 for the colorizing.

Jim

Re: Cadillac Cadillac, long and dark, shiny and black

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Wow fascinating stuff. the picture of Elvis at Madison ca 1975, is that for real? It looks like his wearing his jumpsuit?!
Those fifties cadillacs were something else. they don't make cars like that anymore, do they?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:41 pm

Pink&Black wrote:Wow fascinating stuff. the picture of Elvis at Madison ca 1975, is that for real? It looks like his wearing his jumpsuit?!
Those fifties cadillacs were something else. they don't make cars like that anymore, do they?

Yes, that's real. We talked about that photo several times in threads here in the last few years. Search on Madison Cadillac.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:50 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:
Pink&Black wrote:Wow fascinating stuff. the picture of Elvis at Madison ca 1975, is that for real? It looks like his wearing his jumpsuit?!

Yes, that's real. We talked about that photo several times in threads here in the last few years. Search on Madison Cadillac.

Thanks, I'm pretty new here so I will look up that thread.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:22 pm

The times of the real great looking cars are over. Sad thing. Today they really look all the same. Most of them IMO.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:35 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Last week my friend Steve sent me a link to some photos of a 55 black Cadillac said to have been owned by Elvis and thought to be the band's tour car so I thought it worth looking into and ultimately got this page out of it. check it out and decide for yourselves

Jim

Thanx James for showing this,very cool,i just love what you folks do over there at Scotty Moore's Site,tell Scotty i said hi will ya :wink:

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 pm

JamesVRoy wrote:Last week my friend Steve sent me a link to some photos of a 55 black Cadillac said to have been owned by Elvis and thought to be the band's tour car so I thought it worth looking into and ultimately got this page out of it. check it out and decide for yourselves

Jim

Your pages are always such a joy.

Is that Harrington photo the first time you've uploaded a colourized image?

P.S. Love the Springsteen allusion (and video).

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:27 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Jim

Your pages are always such a joy.

Is that Harrington photo the first time you've uploaded a colourized image?

P.S. Love the Springsteen allusion (and video).

It's the first one I believe that I know to be colorized, nothing else comes to mind. I was working on the page this week when we were discussing the Hayride photo rizzy56 did. The Shorpy photo had made the rounds already and I thought to add a fresh twist it would be cool to at least present the cars in their (believed to be) colors.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Great, great stuff James!!

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:32 am

JamesVRoy wrote:"Cadillac Cadillac, long and dark, shiny and black"

Awesome new article Jim! :smt023

In the fall of next year me and a buddy will be doing old Route 66, and we will surely be visiting Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo!
" ... pulled up to my house today
came and took my little girl away ..."

Great colorized pic btw, rizzy! I actually just found myself staring at that pic for quite some time in total amazement!

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:46 am

Two thumbs up James!

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:08 am

That was great to see James.....thanks for sharing.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 pm

The page looks fantastic well done James!