Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW AUDIO ELVIS ABOUT TOM JONES

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:39 am

blue boy wrote:
frus75 wrote:I love Tom Jones but I'm the first to admit that half of the time he speaks about Elvis in a condescending way. Like I am the British cosmopolite smoking cigars and drinking champaign and you're a redneck burger eater who doesn't know who King Charles was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The people in Europe often says that Americans do not know anything outside U.S.A. so it might be true that Elvis didn't know who King Charles was....If Tom have that opinion, I don't know but it don't makes him a lyer who makes up storys to boost his ego.

You're right, here in Spain since I was a boy they show on tv sketches of somebody asking random people in the US where is Spain with a world map and they alway point to South America or Central America not Europe.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:14 am

blue boy wrote:
frus75 wrote:I love Tom Jones but I'm the first to admit that half of the time he speaks about Elvis in a condescending way. Like I am the British cosmopolite smoking cigars and drinking champaign and you're a redneck burger eater who doesn't know who King Charles was.

The people in Europe often says that Americans do not know anything outside U.S.A. so it might be true that Elvis didn't know who King Charles was....If Tom have that opinion, I don't know but it don't makes him a lyer who makes up storys to boost his ego.

It's not so much of what Jones says, it's the way he says it, that makes you think "is he bullsh*tting or what". Because Elvis is such a big and important name in the world Jones is very much big-headed to say that he knew him and he tends to exaggerate is stories. The fact is, Jones did not know Elvis "well". No celebrity knew Elvis "well" because he didn't mix or hang out with them. The only time he met with other celebrities was mainly in Vegas, backstage after a show or if they were in the audience. But they certainly weren't close buddys with him, like so many of them claim to be. Jones even had the audacity to say he could've gotten Elvis off the drugs, had he found out he was taking them. Even Marty lacker says jones is full of sh*t!!!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:33 am

elmonstro wrote:Tom Jones has had a pretty impressive and sustained career. He doesn't need to make up stories about anybody and if he enjoys telling anecdotes about his time with Elvis then that's fine with me. He's a performer who likes to please an audience. It's not like he's some minor celeb soaking up reflected glory from having once known Elvis. Tom Jones has plenty of his own glory to bask in if he needs to. Besides, he has sung with a host of incredible stars over the last 45 years, both live and on his various TV shows and he has plenty of fun stories to tell about them. The trouble is most of the time the star that interviewers want him to talk about is Elvis so that's what he gives them. Sure it's become a tired joke, which Tom himself plays along with. He was an Elvis fan himself remember and he was lucky enough to hang out with him and even be admired by Elvis. If he has stories to share then let's hear them.

If only Elvis could have followed Tom's lead. Tom is one of the richest musical performers in the business and is still going strong.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
blue boy wrote:

It's not so much of what Jones says, it's the way he says it, that makes you think "is he bullsh*tting or what". Because Elvis is such a big and important name in the world Jones is very much big-headed to say that he knew him and he tends to exaggerate is stories. The fact is, Jones did not know Elvis "well". No celebrity knew Elvis "well" because he didn't mix or hang out with them. The only time he met with other celebrities was mainly in Vegas, backstage after a show or if they were in the audience. But they certainly weren't close buddys with him, like so many of them claim to be. Jones even had the audacity to say he could've gotten Elvis off the drugs, had he found out he was taking them. Even Marty lacker says jones is full of sh*t!!!

uhh... Elvis can be seen on footage on vacation and who's in there to?? tom jones.
Elvis jammed at graceland i believe with... Tom Jones..
Elvis always gave something more to a show when.... tom jones was in the audience.
I do believe elvis & him where good friends.
But i do agree that Tom Jones is saying to much about his time with elvis..

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:17 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
blue boy wrote:

uhh... Elvis can be seen on footage on vacation and who's in there to?? tom jones.
Elvis always gave something more to a show when.... tom jones was in the audience.

Tom Jones first visited Graceland in 1982.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:24 am

frus75 wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
blue boy wrote:

Tom Jones first visited Graceland in 1982.

really??
so this one is fake?

(Guessing it was taken at graceland)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:49 am

Tom himself says that he'd never been to Graceland , only to the LA houses, and the Estate people contacted him in 1982 and arranged a special publicized tour. I'll let you know the details when I get home

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:14 pm

Can you give me some examples of when Tom Jones speaks in a condescending way about Elvis? I'm not saying he never has but I'd be very surprised if he did and as a huge fan of both singers I'd like to see the evidence if possible. Tom is from a very tough, working class background, not the type where you look down on others. You might say he had the British equivalent of Elvis's sharecropping roots. It's true that Tom drinks champagne but he was always an enthusiastic beer drinker and only switched to champagne when he began to put on weight. Someone suggested to him that champagne would be less fattening than beer and that was that.