Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Something else to boost Tom Jones' already big ego. :|

Re: NEW AUDIO ELVIS ABOUT TOM JONES

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:28 pm

Gary1 wrote:Something else to boost Tom Jones' already big ego. :|

Here we go again........

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Not really a case of here we go again Tom Jones is known for his Elvis 'Stories' and even joked about it himself.Nearly every time you see him interviewed he resorts to his Elvis said this, Elvis did that stories..

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:03 pm

nice picture you got there gary
never saw that one
can you post it here maybe?
jan

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

Gary1 wrote:Not really a case of here we go again Tom Jones is known for his Elvis 'Stories' and even joked about it himself.Nearly every time you see him interviewed he resorts to his Elvis said this, Elvis did that stories..

you would not think having Elvis in your life would be worth mentioning would you?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:16 pm

But this is from the new venus release 'keeping them warm' :smt074 . And I was hopefull about some new/good quality recording from august 74 :smt022

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:25 pm

swagers wrote:nice picture you got there gary
never saw that one
can you post it here maybe?
jan

Thank You.It is one I made myself a long time ago using a programme (I forget which one) to add the light.I'm not sure I have it any more except on here.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:28 pm

pingpong wrote:
Gary1 wrote:Not really a case of here we go again Tom Jones is known for his Elvis 'Stories' and even joked about it himself.Nearly every time you see him interviewed he resorts to his Elvis said this, Elvis did that stories..

you would not think having Elvis in your life would be worth mentioning would you?

It would definitely be worth mentioning but i'm really interested in knowing about Elvis singing to him while he is in the shower and other stories like that.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:01 pm

merry77 wrote:28 Aug 1974 Midnight show

How you come up wih that nonsense?

That recording is actually from August 22, 1972, midnight show as featured on Venus latest release "Keeping them warm" (listening to the audio sample you may get an idea what the title of the release is referring to).

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Tom Jones is full of sh*t!! I don't watch The Voice but i just happened to have it on one day and he mentions Elvis. Apparently, Elvis rushed to a music store and told the cashier , "quick, i need a couple of guitars, Tom Jones is coming round and i've got no guitars" Tom said all this as if Tom was the most important artist Elvis as ever met and made sound like as if the cashier was excited that Jones was coming to see him. I thought, "f**k off, Tom bullsh*t Jones.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:48 am

mysterytrainrideson wrote:

Tom Jones is full of sh*t!! I don't watch The Voice but i just happened to have it on one day and he mentions Elvis. Apparently, Elvis rushed to a music store and told the cashier , "quick, i need a couple of guitars, Tom Jones is coming round and i've got no guitars" Tom said all this as if Tom was the most important artist Elvis as ever met and made sound like as if the cashier was excited that Jones was coming to see him. I thought, "f**k off, Tom bullsh*t Jones.

I must admit that's one story I haven't heard but it proves my point.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:37 am

Gary1 wrote:

So you where there and know Tom is lying? If Elvis was alive would you tell him to not hang out with Tom Jones? It must hurt you as Elvis fans to know how much Elvis liked spending time with Tom and loved his version of Green Green Grass Of Home.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:14 am

Tom may have his stories about Elvis... but I've never heard of him saying a bad word about Elvis and he obviously valued their friendship... he's a class act in my book.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:36 pm

blue boy wrote:
Gary1 wrote:

So you where there and know Tom is lying? If Elvis was alive would you tell him to not hang out with Tom Jones? It must hurt you as Elvis fans to know how much Elvis liked spending time with Tom and loved his version of Green Green Grass Of Home.

What the hell are you talking about, blue boy?

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Tom Jones has had a pretty impressive and sustained career. He doesn't need to make up stories about anybody and if he enjoys telling anecdotes about his time with Elvis then that's fine with me. He's a performer who likes to please an audience. It's not like he's some minor celeb soaking up reflected glory from having once known Elvis. Tom Jones has plenty of his own glory to bask in if he needs to. Besides, he has sung with a host of incredible stars over the last 45 years, both live and on his various TV shows and he has plenty of fun stories to tell about them. The trouble is most of the time the star that interviewers want him to talk about is Elvis so that's what he gives them. Sure it's become a tired joke, which Tom himself plays along with. He was an Elvis fan himself remember and he was lucky enough to hang out with him and even be admired by Elvis. If he has stories to share then let's hear them.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:59 pm

blue boy wrote:
Gary1 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about, blue boy?

Elmonstro says exactly what I mean...Everytime someone mension Tom's name there is a lot of people say he's lying, tells story about Elvis to boost his own ego and other tings. To me the guitar story seems plausible that Elvis was on a Place where nu instrument was around and he wanted to sing with Tom, so they simply bought some guitars.....no big deal for a man who could open any jewelery dealer in the middle of the night. But my Point is Tom was there tells a story and a lot of people on this board says he is lying without any evidence if the story is true or not. There must be a lot of storie's in Elvis Life that hasn't been told yet by other people or written down in books. Give us the proof that Tom Jones is lying then I will consider my toughts.

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:16 pm

I love Tom Jones but I'm the first to admit that half of the time he speaks about Elvis in a condescending way. Like I am the British cosmopolite smoking cigars and drinking champaign and you're a redneck burger eater who doesn't know who King Charles was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:25 pm

frus75 wrote:I love Tom Jones but I'm the first to admit that half of the time he speaks about Elvis in a condescending way. Like I am the British cosmopolite smoking cigars and drinking champaign and you're a redneck burger eater who doesn't know who King Charles was.

Thank you and yes you are correct.

Many ppl, especially in the leftist media kind of have to give Elvis some sort of credit, yet they also have to bash him for being a conservative and a southerner. Actually really strange, after all it was a conservative rebublican, Arbraham Lincoln who ended slavery by fighting southern leftists, excuse me southers democrats, NOT souther conservatives, to end slavery.

The review of the MSG concert comes to mind, the reporter praises Elvis to high heaven, but then goes out of his way to note that it is hard for him to believe that a southern hick can even think, so he calls it Elvis instinct, not intention.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 am

frus75 wrote:I love Tom Jones but I'm the first to admit that half of the time he speaks about Elvis in a condescending way. Like I am the British cosmopolite smoking cigars and drinking champaign and you're a redneck burger eater who doesn't know who King Charles was.

The people in Europe often says that Americans do not know anything outside U.S.A. so it might be true that Elvis didn't know who King Charles was....If Tom have that opinion, I don't know but it don't makes him a lyer who makes up storys to boost his ego.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:26 am

Btw, Tom Jones himself is conservative, he approved Vietnam war, military service, etc. And he was an inch from breaking John Lennon face in 1965, but not for politics, but because of that Lennon sense of humor (Lennon was singing it's not an unicorn it's an elephant to the it's not unusual melody)