Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 am

Francesc wrote:Hmm I don't think I have AS or ES , I have the time of the show.

Francesc, I saw at your section of 69 concerts that you have "Elvis in person august 22 1969 dinnershow" listed double.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:18 am

The show is so damned good..he is right... :lol:

Only kidding Francesc.. :wink:

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:03 pm

mountaindog wrote:
Francesc wrote:Hmm I don't think I have AS or ES , I have the time of the show.

Francesc, I saw at your section of 69 concerts that you have "Elvis in person august 22 1969 dinnershow" listed double.

Thanks.

One was the FTD version and the other the original In Person, but then date was wrong. So i ended up taking In Person since it is not a concert but a bunch of live songs. The CD can still be seeing on the CD section.

So thanks for spotting the problem.

Francesc

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Ciscoking wrote:There is a soundboard but it runs too fast and is not constant.

Ciscoking, is there any chance that in the correct hands the tape could be worked on and repaired? Is this something that FTD would be able to produce, IF they even have access to the tape, of course? I ask because I am not that techno-saavy when it comes to such things. I would think, that even a few songs from that performance would be appreciated by many of the fans. Thanks

rlj

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:45 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

"Everyone does it" is a facile justification.

None of those sites exhibit stellar writing skills. In fact some are really pretty terrible. At least half of them are non-U.S., which may be part of the problem.

So, coming from my expert view, yes -- they are wrong.

It's not about accuracy, it's about clarity, and avoiding confusion due to redundancy.

One show / one day = no suffix
Two shows / one day = 'AS' and 'ES' suffixes

In order to be the best, you must set your bar high. ;-)

I rather have authors mentioning AS or ES even if it is a stand alone show. Then I know exactly at what time it took place. It is all about clarity...

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:In order to be the best, you must set your bar high. ;-)

It might be redundant in your eyes.

Sorry, but it is redundant, period.

But if you wish to keep doing it, it's obvious no one, no matter how correct or well-intentioned, is going to change your mind.

But no one can say they didn't try. ;-)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 pm

Alexander wrote:I rather have authors mentioning AS or ES even if it is a stand alone show. Then I know exactly at what time it took place. It is all about clarity...

That's not very wise, as almost all standalone shows were booked for evening time.

And any fan collecting audience recordings of 1970s Elvis Presley shows is acutely aware of this fact. Or well should be.

Thus, if one saw a single date with 'AS' at the end, they would immediately know it was unusual.

For example: Houston 8-28-1976 AS.

Yes, it's all about clarity. ;-)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:25 pm

John...I will keep this suffix..even if it makes me second best.. :wink:

Alex' posting is one reason::

Alexander wrote:I rather have authors mentioning AS or ES even if it is a stand alone show. Then I know exactly at what time it took place. It is all about clarity...

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:22 am

Ciscoking wrote:John...I will keep this suffix..even if it makes me second best.. :wink:

Alex' posting is one reason::

See my reply above. ;-)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:58 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

That's not very wise, as almost all standalone shows were booked for evening time.

And any fan collecting audience recordings of 1970s Elvis Presley shows is acutely aware of this fact. Or well should be.

Thus, if one saw a single date with 'AS' at the end, they would immediately know it was unusual.

Agreed, clarity makes it all easier on the eyes of the reader

Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:10 am

memphisound wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Agreed, clarity makes it all easier on the eyes of the reader

Thanks.