Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:45 am

Hi all! I was talking with a few friends about the concerts available, one of them has a lot of material, i mean a lot! He claims to have ALL the concerts from 69-77 on audience, soundboth, soundboards and multitrack. I ask him... if its so that i would love to have a copy from 07/31/69! He said then... Well maybe all except that! Hahahaha, but this make me wonder... Is there a list of the 1123 performances (according to fashion for a king book first page) missing in any format?

(Maybe this is an old topic but i didnt found it at FECC) any list of the missing recordings?

::rocks

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:56 am

I`m no LIVE expert but I think there are a lots of shows that we dont have any recording from so your friend is full of BS :)

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:07 am

Working purely from memory. my understanding is that we have about half of the 1969 - 1977 concerts available.

But I'm sure there are members here who can be much more accurate than that.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:12 am

Try http://elvis-in-concert.com/ for a complete list.

Although, I don't think that site has been updated in some time.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:22 am

Yes I have looked at http://www.elvisconcerts.com and http://www.elvis-in-concert.com but I found that both are incomplete (not updated).... maybe any of you have a updated list?

also http://www.elvis-in-concert.com claims that 07/31/1969 is the CD Opening night 69 (mmmmm I dont know how can i trust in that one)

::rocks

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:26 am

carloselvis wrote:Hi all! I was talking with a few friends about the concerts available, one of them has a lot of material, i mean a lot! He claims to have ALL the concerts from 69-77 on audience, soundboth, soundboards and multitrack. I ask him... if its so that i would love to have a copy from 07/31/69! He said then... Well maybe all except that! Hahahaha, but this make me wonder... Is there a list of the 1123 performances (according to fashion for a king book first page) missing in any format?

(Maybe this is an old topic but i didnt found it at FECC) any list of the missing recordings?

::rocks


Your friend is lying to you. Some friend!

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:39 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
carloselvis wrote:Hi all! I was talking with a few friends about the concerts available, one of them has a lot of material, i mean a lot! He claims to have ALL the concerts from 69-77 on audience, soundboth, soundboards and multitrack. I ask him... if its so that i would love to have a copy from 07/31/69! He said then... Well maybe all except that! Hahahaha, but this make me wonder... Is there a list of the 1123 performances (according to fashion for a king book first page) missing in any format?

(Maybe this is an old topic but i didnt found it at FECC) any list of the missing recordings?

::rocks


Your friend is lying to you. Some friend!



not sure doc, maybe he is convinced! :smt005 i was looking for a list to show him he is wrong about this. For example, one day I have found a very nice guy that was not a big collector but he loves Elvis, he told me... "you know, i heard a story about a girl in a wheelchair that asked Elvis to sing "Young and Beautiful" and he sang it, that was the only time that Elvis satisfy a fan singing a requested song" He was convinced! and i told him: "you know, I Really like that story but the truth is that Elvis satisfy a lot of the requested songs on stage! I have plenty of concerts where you can listen to with this! :D ", my point its that maybe he is convinced of something that is not truth... maybe I can help him to see that are a lot of concerts not available yet. Any idea of a list of them?

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 am

carloselvis wrote:not sure doc, maybe he is convinced! :smt005 i was looking for a list to show him he is wrong about this.


If not lying, he is terribly uninformed.

Have him visit Ciscoking's site, there he will learn how much he does not know. ;-)

Welcome to Ciscokings' Corner @ Jordan's Elvis World
http://ciscoking.jordans-elvis-world.com/index.php/intro-a-credits.html

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:11 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
carloselvis wrote:not sure doc, maybe he is convinced! :smt005 i was looking for a list to show him he is wrong about this.


If not lying, he is terribly uninformed.

Have him visit Ciscoking's site, there he will learn how much he does not know. ;-)

Welcome to Ciscokings' Corner @ Jordan's Elvis World
http://ciscoking.jordans-elvis-world.com/index.php/intro-a-credits.html


Thanks doc!!! :D

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:45 am

carloselvis wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
carloselvis wrote:not sure doc, maybe he is convinced! :smt005 i was looking for a list to show him he is wrong about this.


If not lying, he is terribly uninformed.

Have him visit Ciscoking's site, there he will learn how much he does not know. ;-)

Welcome to Ciscokings' Corner @ Jordan's Elvis World
http://ciscoking.jordans-elvis-world.com/index.php/intro-a-credits.html


Thanks doc!!! :D


Always happy to help. :-)

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:56 pm

For our newbies..

Elvis gave 1126 shows from 1969 till 1977...to 671 we can listen now on various formats.
A side note..there is no book available which gives 100% correct dates about these "concert years".
And before you take such infos from the net for granted ....please always check twice..many wrong
infos there, too..here`s the list of unreleased tour shows..

carloselvis..tell your friend to copy me these..we could work out a deal.. :wink:

1970

Tour 1:
Miami 9/12 AS
Tampa 9/13 AS

Tour 2:
San Francisco 11/13 ES
LA 11/14 AS
San Diego 11/15 ES
Denver 11/17 ES

1971

Tour 3:
Minneapolis 11/5 ES
Salt Lake City 11/16 ES

1972

Tour 4:
Knoxville 4/8 AS
Knoxville 4/8 ES
Indianapolis 4/12 ES
charlotte 4/13 ES
Macon 4/15 AS/ES
Jacksonville 4/16 AS

Tour 5:
Chicago 6/17 ES
Tulsa 6/20 ES

Tour 6:
Lubbock 11/8 ES
El Paso 11/10 ES

1973

Tour 7:
Fresno 4/25 AS/ES
San Diego 4/26 ES
Denver 4/30 ES

Tour 8:
Atlanta 6/21 ES
St.Louis 6/28 ES
Nashville 7/1 ES
Oklahoma City 7/2 ES

1974

Tour 9:
Houston 3/3 ES
Monroe 3/4 ES
Monroe 3/7 ES
Monroe 3/8 ES
Charlotte 3/9 AS/ES
Hampton Roads 3/11 ES
Richmond 3/12 ES
Greensboro 3/13 ES
Murfreesboro 3/19 ES

Tour 10:
San Bernadino 5/10 ES
Fresno 5/12 ES
San Bernadino 5/13 ES

Tour 11:
Fort Worth 6/15 ES
Fort Worth 6/16 ES
Baton Rouge 6/17 ES
Providence 6/22 ES
Kansas 6/29 AS
Omaha 6/30 ES

Tour 12:
St.Paul 10/2 ES
St.Paul 10/3 ES
Indianapolis 10/5 ES
Wichita 10/7 ES
San Antonio 10/8 ES
Abilene 10/9 ES

1975

Tour 13:
Lakeland 4/27 AS/ES
Jackson 5/5 ES

Tour 15:
Oklahoma City 7/8 ES
Charleston 7/11 ES
Charleston 7/12 AS
Springfield 7/14 ES
Springfield 7/15 ES
New Haven 7/16 ES
New Haven 7/17 ES
Greensboro 7/21 ES

1976

Tour 17:
San Diego 4/24 ES
Spokane 4/27 ES

Tour 18:
Oklahoma City 5/29 ES
Lubbock 5/31 ES

Tour 20:
Fayetteville 8/3 ES, 8/4 ES, 8/5 ES

Tour 21:
Houston 8/28 AS
Jacksonville 9/1 ES

Tour 22:
Duluth 10/16 ES
Sioux Falls 10/18 ES

1977

Tour 29:
Springfield 6/17 ES
Sioux Falls 6/22 ES
Last edited by Ciscoking on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Ciscoking wrote:For our newbies..

Elvis gave 1126 shows from 1969 till 1977...to 671 we can listen now on various formats.
A side note..there is no book available which gives 100% correct dates about these "concert years".
And before you take such infos from the net for granted ....please always check twice..many wrong
infos there, too..here`s the list of unreleased tour shows..

carloselvis..tell your friend to copy me these..we could work out a deal.. :wink:

1970

Tour 1:
Miami 9/12 AS
Tampa 9/13 AS

Tour 2:
San Francisco 11/13 ES
LA 11/14 AS
San Diego 11/15 ES
Denver 11/17 ES


1971

Tour 3:
Minneapolis 11/5 ES
Salt Lake City 11/16 ES


1972

Tour 4:
Knoxville 4/8 AS
Knoxville 4/8 ES
Indianapolis 4/12 ES
charlotte 4/13 ES

Macon 4/15 AS/ES
Jacksonville 4/16 ES

Tour 5:
Chicago 6/17 ES
Tulsa 6/20 ES

Tour 6:
Lubbock 11/8 ES
El Paso 11/10 ES


1973

Tour 7:
Fresno 4/25 AS/ES
San Diego 4/26 ES
Denver 4/30 ES


Tour 8:
Atlanta 6/21 ES
St.Louis 6/28 ES

Nashville 7/1 ES
Oklahoma City 7/2 ES

1974

Tour 9:
Houston 3/3 ES
Monroe 3/4 ES
Monroe 3/7 ES
Monroe 3/8 ES

Charlotte 3/9 AS/ES
Hampton Roads 3/11 ES
Richmond 3/12 ES
Greensboro 3/13 ES
Murfreesboro 3/19 ES


Tour 10:
San Bernadino 5/10 ES
Fresno 5/12 ES
San Bernadino 5/13 ES


Tour 11:
Fort Worth 6/15 ES
Fort Worth 6/16 ES
Baton Rouge 6/17 ES
Providence 6/22 ES
Kansas 6/29 AS
Omaha 6/30 ES

Tour 12:
St.Paul 10/2 ES
St.Paul 10/3 ES

Indianapolis 10/5 ES
Wichita 10/7 ES
San Antonio 10/8 ES
Abilene 10/9 ES


1975

Tour 13:
Lakeland 4/27 AS/ES
Jackson 5/5 ES

Tour 15:
Oklahoma City 7/8 ES
Charleston 7/11 ES

Charleston 7/12 AS
Springfield 7/14 ES
Springfield 7/15 ES
New Haven 7/16 ES
New Haven 7/17 ES
Greensboro 7/21 ES


1976

Tour 17:
San Diego 4/24 ES
Spokane 4/27 ES


Tour 18:
Oklahoma City 5/29 ES
Lubbock 5/31 ES


Tour 20:
Fayetteville 8/3 ES, 8/4 ES, 8/5 ES

Tour 21:
Houston 8/28 ES --> NO evening show this day, just a disastrous afternoon show (AS)
Jacksonville 9/1 ES

Tour 22:
Duluth 10/16 ES
Sioux Falls 10/18 ES


1977

Tour 29:
Springfield 6/17 ES
Sioux Falls 6/22 ES


Most of these dates offer just ONE performance, in the evening, not two. It is really confusing that you add "ES" to them, Ciscoking. It is unnecessary.

Note: NO afternoon shows (AS) were given on the dates in blue.
There is also one misidentified show in red.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:03 pm

John..what would I do without you.....I amended the typo and another one I have found..now all is fine..thank you.. :wink:

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Ciscoking wrote:John..what would I do without you.....I amended the typo and another one I have found..now all is fine..thank you.. :wink:


We still see all those redundant 'ES' suffixes...

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:37 pm

John..everyone does it..a few examples by random..

Can all these be wrong..?...WE are just accurate..that`s all.. :wink:

http://www.patrikselviscorner.se/concertlist.html

http://www.keithflynn.com/essential_lis ... -1977.html

http://www.elvisnachrichten.de/forumdisplay.php?f=217

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/cd.php ... _year=1977

http://elvis-tapes.tripod.com/in_Concert77a.html

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:46 pm

carloselvis wrote:Yes I have looked at http://www.elvisconcerts.com and http://www.elvis-in-concert.com but I found that both are incomplete (not updated).... maybe any of you have a updated list?

also http://www.elvis-in-concert.com claims that 07/31/1969 is the CD Opening night 69 (mmmmm I dont know how can i trust in that one)

::rocks


What part is incomplete at www.elvisconcerts.com , let me know so we can fix it.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:47 pm

In Houston, why would he do an afternoon show if there was no evening show? That's very unusual.

I too have heard the show on that date is not good.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:09 am

Ciscoking wrote:John..everyone does it..a few examples by random..

Can all these be wrong..?...WE are just accurate..that`s all.. :wink:

http://www.patrikselviscorner.se/concertlist.html

http://www.keithflynn.com/essential_lis ... -1977.html

http://www.elvisnachrichten.de/forumdisplay.php?f=217

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/cd.php ... _year=1977

http://elvis-tapes.tripod.com/in_Concert77a.html


"Everyone does it" is a facile justification.

None of those sites exhibit stellar writing skills. In fact some are really pretty terrible. At least half of them are non-U.S., which may be part of the problem.

So, coming from my expert view, yes -- they are wrong.

It's not about accuracy, it's about clarity, and avoiding confusion due to redundancy.

One show / one day = no suffix
Two shows / one day = 'AS' and 'ES' suffixes

In order to be the best, you must set your bar high. ;-)

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:14 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:


"Everyone does it" is a facile justification.

None of those sites exhibit stellar writing skills. In fact some are really pretty terrible. At least half of them are non-U.S., which may be part of the problem.

So, coming from my expert view, yes -- they are wrong.

It's not about accuracy, it's about clarity, and avoiding confusion due to redundancy.

One show / one day = no suffix
Two shows / one day = 'AS' and 'ES' suffixes

In order to be the best, you must set your bar high. ;-)



100% agreed Doc!!!! :) :D

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:15 am

Hmm I don't think I have AS or ES , I have the time of the show.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:55 am

BrianTCB wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:


"Everyone does it" is a facile justification.

None of those sites exhibit stellar writing skills. In fact some are really pretty terrible. At least half of them are non-U.S., which may be part of the problem.

So, coming from my expert view, yes -- they are wrong.

It's not about accuracy, it's about clarity, and avoiding confusion due to redundancy.

One show / one day = no suffix
Two shows / one day = 'AS' and 'ES' suffixes

In order to be the best, you must set your bar high. ;-)



100% agreed Doc!!!! :) :D


Thank you muchly. ;-)

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:30 am

I have always wondered why the show from May 5, 1975, would not have been recorded. As I understand it the show was to help raise funds and bring awareness to some devastating storms which has struck the community. No official recordings, no sounboards, no audience recordings. Just seems strange that a show with some importance as this wasn't recorded.

rlj

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:18 am

And the Jackson show could be a TV special also because it was a benefit concert like Aloha. So it was another lost opportunity for the Colonel.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:07 am

There is a soundboard but it runs too fast and is not constant.

Re: 69 - 77 concerts not available yet?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:16 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
In order to be the best, you must set your bar high. ;-)


It might be redundant in your eyes. It`s all a matter of point of view. For me it is a help for all who are unsure. Questions in the past are the proof that it is not that superfluous. And please take into account that not all are experts like you. Our new fans appreciate the suffix. At least many of them.
"The best" gives as much infos as possible and what is more important as long as all infos including the additionals are correct, you are indeed the best.... :wink: