Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Georgia Holt-Elvis Connection.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Take note of the Band Members.
DSCN6060.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Georgia Holt-Elvis Connection.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:40 pm

EP
DSCN6061.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:45 pm

It was recorded in 1978 or 1979, IIRC. I forced myself to listen to a few tracks. One and done.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:00 pm

EP
DSCN6062.JPG

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:29 pm

The music was erased and only her voice was left on the tape.
Then other musicians provided a new backing.
None of the musicians that worked with Elvis can be heard on this release!

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 am

zolderopruiming1 wrote:The music was erased and only her voice was left on the tape.

Why would the original musicians be credited if they were removed? My understanding is that new backing was added as a complement to the old.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:42 am

elvisjock wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:The music was erased and only her voice was left on the tape.

Why would the original musicians be credited if they were removed? My understanding is that new backing was added as a complement to the old.

I have read somewhere the original backing was removed and substituted by new backing.
Perhaps crediting the original musicians and using Elvis' name is to sell more copies?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:52 pm

The new musicians are Cher's people- it was her and her sister's idea to "update" the sound and release this to the public. She wanted to get this cd of her Mother released.

The voice does remind of where Cher got her talent from though. They sound quite a bit alike.

Definitely a "niche" market on this though.