Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Would you buy remastered outtakes from EOT if the price was 100 USD for each disc.

Poll ended at Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:19 am

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes : 46

Re: Turner outtakes (TTWII and EOT)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:17 am

samses wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:So you really think that a hundred or so fans saying they would pay a higher price for the material is going to convince Warner to do the work and release the footage? How much of a higher price are you planning to pay here that a few fans on a message board are going to pay for this endeavour? How will Warner know that you will actually cough up the money when the set it release?

My God, there are some fools on here.

I asked a question. That´s all. Why do you have to be rude?

You ask a question that shows you have taken no notice of the tens of discussions we have had on this subject before.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:39 am

I would absolutely pay that much or more for this material in excellent quality. What does Warner have to lose? If they have no plans on selling the footage or doing anything at all with it anyway?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:41 am

I would be happy enough to just see the richmond concert tapes.
Heck they wont have to need to edit it all together. Why cant they just release the camera angles on their own. If fans want to see diffrent camera's they will edit it themselfs or others will.. but that is ASLONG as we have the material.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:40 am

I think EPE need to cough up some money for the full rights to all of the Turner footage. Time has shown that under Turner the footage is doing nothing for the fans. Even when they re-released On Tour on Blu-ray they made a pigs ear of it. We were told we were getting a stack of extra footage of TTWII but they failed to deliver that too despite printing up covers. Management of the footage has been a joke over the years and it's about time that things were sorted out.

Basically, in the hands of Turner we might as well write-off the footage as there's no evidence whatsoever that they will ever do anything useful with it.

However, in the hands of EPE, things might be different.

I hope so because if it takes another 40 years to see I will unfortunately not be around.

elvisonline

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 am

100 or so? Have you been on Facebook lately? Or, did you notice last year's tribute week?

No, okay, maybe most of those people are not independently wealthy, but those who went to Memphis had to pay for carfare, lodging, meals, overpriced souvenirs, etc. etc. A good portion of those people would enjoy a good chunk of the best of the unreleased footage (like the 45 minutes of 1970 rehearsal that I found in bootleg quality on YouTube a few weeks ago). They would really enjoy it, and a good portion would pay for it, too! (I had suggested a method of distribution that's worked well in the past.)

Have you seen "The Other Side of the Mirror," which shows all of Dylan's Newport moments, extracted from all the other footage? Bet it took a while to put that together. I saw it first on PBS, and that's where I bought it. They have different pricing plans. And Elvis remains a popular pledge drive lure. They put him on a lot, even if the programs, and the associated material is old. You don't get PBS over there in England, but we do, and Elvis is a draw! And people buy!

I mean, the footage is THERE! It's there, and so is the necessary resolution for Blu-Ray. Why let it grow mold? There are ways! Where there's a will!

Member of The Fools' Hall of Fame!

rjm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 am

elvisonline wrote:I think EPE need to cough up some money for the full rights to all of the Turner footage. Time has shown that under Turner the footage is doing nothing for the fans. Even when they re-released On Tour on Blu-ray they made a pigs ear of it. We were told we were getting a stack of extra footage of TTWII but they failed to deliver that too despite printing up covers. Management of the footage has been a joke over the years and it's about time that things were sorted out.

Basically, in the hands of Turner we might as well write-off the footage as there's no evidence whatsoever that they will ever do anything useful with it.

However, in the hands of EPE, things might be different.

I hope so because if it takes another 40 years to see I will unfortunately not be around.
elvisonline

Only believe. Maybe you will. :D Let's keep our fingers crossed and don't give up hope.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:07 am

poormadpeter wrote:
samses wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:So you really think that a hundred or so fans saying they would pay a higher price for the material is going to convince Warner to do the work and release the footage? How much of a higher price are you planning to pay here that a few fans on a message board are going to pay for this endeavour? How will Warner know that you will actually cough up the money when the set it release?

My God, there are some fools on here.

I asked a question. That´s all. Why do you have to be rude?

You ask a question that shows you have taken no notice of the tens of discussions we have had on this subject before.

I have been one this board for many years and there are no subjects that gets my attention as much as threads regarding the TTWII and EOT outtakes, so you´re wrong,

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:13 am

you have to KEEP knocking on Warners door, a squeaky wheel gets the oil.... or make do what has come out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.