Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Would you buy remastered outtakes from EOT if the price was 100 USD for each disc.

Poll ended at Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:19 am

YES
80%
NO
20%

Total votes : 46

Turner outtakes (TTWII and EOT)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 am

We have known for years that there are hours of outtakes from TTWII and EOT. There are no news regarding any new releases of any of this great material. Apparently Turner is not convinced that they would make a profit on new releases. An option is to sell the material to a higher price than usually, but would the Elvis fans be willing to pay a considerably higher price in order to get this material released?

Re: Turner outtakes (TTWII and EOT)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:34 am

I have posted this in some threads now. It is one of my greatest wishes as Elvis-Fan to get the outtakes officially.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:38 am

I would not mind paying a higher price tag for a massive box set containing all TTWII outtakes in perfect blu-ray quality and all 40+ hours of Elvis On Tour Outtakes in perfect blu-ray quality.

Both would be dream releases.

Bring 'em on!!!!!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 am

Sorry to be offensive, but whoever voted no is a moron. If it gets these things released, I do not care.

Bring 'em on!!!!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Ever since Todd Morgan died we can forget about any release like the complete 68 special and Aloha. We just have to forget about it and enjoy what we have.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:21 pm

BrianTCB wrote:Sorry to be offensive, but whoever voted no is a moron. If it gets these things released, I do not care.

Bring 'em on!!!!

Anybody paying such a high price is a moron!
Keep 'em in the vaults unless it is released for a normal price.
Not all Elvis fans are fools!
Not all Elvis fans have unlimited spending money!
By the way, how many times would you watch this? Once? Twice?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:25 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
BrianTCB wrote:Sorry to be offensive, but whoever voted no is a moron. If it gets these things released, I do not care.

Bring 'em on!!!!

Anybody paying such a high price is a moron!
Keep 'em in the vaults unless it is released for a normal price.
Not all Elvis fans are fools!
Not all Elvis fans have unlimited spending money!
By the way, how many times would you watch this? Once? Twice?

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here. I disagree and want them for a higher price if that is the only means to get them officially in perfect quality. ;)

Why in the name of Elvis can't we have it!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:42 pm

I think this is something really historical, I would pay expensive for this like we did with the complete works and TFC (a lot)!!!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:49 pm

I think the future of footage like this is to do the custom made route. Have it ready to go and make it to order.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:03 pm

So you really think that a hundred or so fans saying they would pay a higher price for the material is going to convince Warner to do the work and release the footage? How much of a higher price are you planning to pay here that a few fans on a message board are going to pay for this endeavour? How will Warner know that you will actually cough up the money when the set it release?

My God, there are some fools on here.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:24 pm

poormadpeter wrote:So you really think that a hundred or so fans saying they would pay a higher price for the material is going to convince Warner to do the work and release the footage? How much of a higher price are you planning to pay here that a few fans on a message board are going to pay for this endeavour? How will Warner know that you will actually cough up the money when the set it release?

The fellows who have posted here are no fools. Clean up your act, Peter! :smt018

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Mike Eder wrote:I think the future of footage like this is to do the custom made route. Have it ready to go and make it to order.

Good idea Mike :idea:

they should make all the unreleased film footage in the best quality available to be put on Blue-Ray and sell them online for Elvis fans to buy.They can let the general public know of this by putting out ads,if they don't want to put a ton of money into this to mass produce them and put them in stores in hopes of making a huge profit.But creating something like this,and letting it be known could create more Elvis fans.

There are ways in bringing Elvis back into the public eye on a big scale like when The remix song of A Little Less Conversation came out and became a huge hit worldwide and followed up by the Elvis 30 #1 Hits.

I wish us Elvis fans had the power of control on creating and releasing what we know needs to be released and bringing Elvis's image back into the public eye in the way he should be.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:00 pm

poormadpeter wrote:My God, there are some fools on here.

If I'm a fool for loving you, then that's just what I want to be.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Would you buy remastered outtakes from EOT if the price was 100 USD for each disc.

I would, but don't tell my wife!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Crazy fool...who told...this DVD...goodbye.

I would buy it but I guess there is a lot of work connected to it. The tapes are old and need to be restored, possibly baked etc., which is a very costy process, especially with such a (relatively) small market. We are talking about raw material that hasn't been produced yet in any way. I'm afraid that won't happen, unless there's an executive with a strong liking for Elvis.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:52 pm

It seems odd that we seem to have this discussion roughly as much as we talk about the release of EIC. As Lohmax has pointed out, this isn't a case of simply releasing something. This is something that was never put together in the first place. They would have to take the material from each camera and edit it together (neither cheap or quick), and the material would have to be restored - and we don't know what condition it currently survives in. Yes, some of the rehearsal material has leaked out and seems to be OK, but that doesn;t mean the concert material is in the same condition. Even if it was, alot of work would have to be done to get this to blu-ray standard.

Compare this process to that required for getting the 90 minute film restored. That was a much simpler case of working from the best print (or negative) of the film, not from cans of film recorded by each camera and starting from scratch.

The simple fact is as it was last time we discussed it: sales for Presley material are low, so a company is not going to spend time on this kind of project. The fact that the original film has been restored is something we should be thankful, but beyond that you are going to have a long wait for this footage.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:50 pm

poormadpeter wrote:It seems odd that we seem to have this discussion roughly as much as we talk about the release of EIC. As Lohmax has pointed out, this isn't a case of simply releasing something. This is something that was never put together in the first place. They would have to take the material from each camera and edit it together (neither cheap or quick), and the material would have to be restored - and we don't know what condition it currently survives in. Yes, some of the rehearsal material has leaked out and seems to be OK, but that doesn;t mean the concert material is in the same condition. Even if it was, alot of work would have to be done to get this to blu-ray standard.

Compare this process to that required for getting the 90 minute film restored. That was a much simpler case of working from the best print (or negative) of the film, not from cans of film recorded by each camera and starting from scratch.

The simple fact is as it was last time we discussed it: sales for Presley material are low, so a company is not going to spend time on this kind of project. The fact that the original film has been restored is something we should be thankful, but beyond that you are going to have a long wait for this footage.

But still, what if they would do it if you promised to pay a couple hundred dollars for a 3 disc set? Would you promise? :)

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:20 pm

stevelecher wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:It seems odd that we seem to have this discussion roughly as much as we talk about the release of EIC. As Lohmax has pointed out, this isn't a case of simply releasing something. This is something that was never put together in the first place. They would have to take the material from each camera and edit it together (neither cheap or quick), and the material would have to be restored - and we don't know what condition it currently survives in. Yes, some of the rehearsal material has leaked out and seems to be OK, but that doesn;t mean the concert material is in the same condition. Even if it was, alot of work would have to be done to get this to blu-ray standard.

But still, what if they would do it if you promised to pay a couple hundred dollars for a 3 disc set? Would you promise? :)

Nope. WB have the best restoration programme of any Hollywood film studio, and I firmly believe that they should continue concentrating on films that will otherwise be lost forever. It's a ticking time bomb. Elvis On Tour (the original) will always exist, but other films in the vaults will be lost forever if they don't move quickly enough. I would rather see those films saved. The outtakes of Elvis on Tour will simply be more of the same. Yes, it would be lovely to see a full concert from the tour, but it will hold no surprises and not fill in any gaps in the Presley story. Meanwhile, with only 10-15% of early film surviving, WB's priority is, and should continue to be, making sure that what still survives doesn't turn to dust. There is a life outside Elvis.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Would I spend $200.00 bucks for everything on TWWII and EOT? NO. Why? Because I'm fine with what I already have (and rarely watch) and my budget has other pressing priorities.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:33 pm

is there not 1 veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy rich Elvis fan in the world how can buy it ??? and after that bring it out!!!!!

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:42 am

Rob wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:My God, there are some fools on here.

If I'm a fool for loving you, then that's just what I want to be.

Fool, you didn't have to hurt her
Fool, you didn't have to lose her
Fool, you only had to love her
But now her love is gone

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:50 am

ep2 wrote:is there not 1 veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy rich Elvis fan in the world how can buy it ??? and after that bring it out!!!!!

Your idea would be better if the material was for sale.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:05 am

what is the price to buy the tapes and all the rights

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:30 am

ep2 wrote:what is the price to buy the tapes and all the rights

There is no price, as they are not for sale. And never will be.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:47 am

poormadpeter wrote:So you really think that a hundred or so fans saying they would pay a higher price for the material is going to convince Warner to do the work and release the footage? How much of a higher price are you planning to pay here that a few fans on a message board are going to pay for this endeavour? How will Warner know that you will actually cough up the money when the set it release?

I asked a question. That´s all. Why do you have to be rude?