Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Should EIC be released in Blu-Ray 5.1 Surround Sound?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:35 pm

Delboy wrote:Come on, it's been at least three weeks! :wink:

I'm putting you on my report.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:10 am

Yes, it should be released.

Oh, some "fans" think it will be compared with other tv specials by Elvis.

Who the hell cares?

Don't they also compare Aloha with the 68 special?

Let it finally be released if for any reason other than perhaps the trolls

will finally stop with the EIC jokes.

Personally I don't see a Blu-ray release before a DVD release.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:36 am

ekenee wrote:Who the hell cares? .

Good to see you're only looking out for yourself.

Fans should hang up the "collector" hat once in a while and allow some compassion to seep into their cold hearts once in a while. 1977 no doubt conjures up a lot of memories for Lisa Marie--I wonder what fans would say to her to convince her to green light an EIC release?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:26 am

Justin wrote:
ekenee wrote:Who the hell cares? .

Good to see you're only looking out for yourself.

Fans should hang up the "collector" hat once in a while and allow some compassion to seep into their cold hearts once in a while. 1977 no doubt conjures up a lot of memories for Lisa Marie--I wonder what fans would say to her to convince her to green light an EIC release?

This topic is way to complex for that simple answer.

I won't take the time either, with a non-fan, to explain it to you.

I am a fan thru and thru, not some psuedo critic that only likes what everyone else likes.

Get over yourself.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 am

Frankly - it would be tough to best what was accomplished by the "Final Curtain" rendering of the actual TV special.

Clean, 1080 video and 5.1 surround for both Rapid City and Omaha would be nice to have too I guess.

I've always thought it was somehow ironic that EPE sells all of that gaudy crap in their giftshops at Graceland, but won't release EIC and a host of other video footage (Hawaii 1961, MSG, etc.)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:41 am

I would buy it anyway...

Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:58 am

We can't get the footage from 1970, yet people want this? All it did was cause shock and distress when it first aired; I remember it well. I had seen photos, sure, up to that point, that looked troublesome, but I thought he gained some weight. That had been an issue during the last years anyway.

Nothing, but nothing prepared me for what I saw! It is not a happy memory.

But I also remember seeing TTWII the first time on TV a couple years earlier, and that IS a happy memory! And there is so much more great footage! Why would people want to see him in such a poor condition? I do not get it. It never should have been made in the first place.

That's my last word on that.

rjm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:00 am

rjm wrote:We can't get the footage from 1970, yet people want this? All it did was cause shock and distress when it first aired; I remember it well. I had seen photos, sure, up to that point, that looked troublesome, but I thought he gained some weight. That had been an issue during the last years anyway.

Nothing, but nothing prepared me for what I saw! It is not a happy memory.

But I also remember seeing TTWII the first time on TV a couple years earlier, and that IS a happy memory! And there is so much more great footage! Why would people want to see him in such a poor condition? I do not get it. It never should have been made in the first place.

That's my last word on that.

rjm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

While I appreciate every era of Elvis, I agree Robyn. I would far rather have the hours upon hours of TTWII footage & 40+ hours of Elvis On Tour footage released officially in perfect quality first.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

rjm wrote:Why would people want to see him in such a poor condition?

That is one question that EIC supporters can't really answer. " stop ignoring history" is their favorite reason but even that is very weak.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:42 am

Justin wrote:
rjm wrote:Why would people want to see him in such a poor condition?

That is one question that EIC supporters can't really answer. " stop ignoring history" is their favorite reason but even that is very weak.

The 1977 discussions just seem to go on and on, ... and on ... and on ...
They are here (and will continue on forever) for the sake of discussion.

"Stop ignoring history", indeed. Since it's so much fun to watch a man dying, again ... and again ... and again ...