Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Ever tire of the jumpsuits?

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:26 am

Tom Jones was wearing HIS same jacket and trousers till 1986

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:21 am

ep2 wrote:Tom Jones was wearing HIS same jacket and trousers till 1986

Actually, he didn't, but that's besides the point.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:46 am

That black and white photo never fails to shock me senseless.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:46 am

I do like the jumpsuits...., BUT, for me, from 1975 forward, I wish Elvis would have worn the two-piece suits with the jacket which he wore in the Spring of 1975.

rlj

Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:43 am

"Ever tire of the jumpsuits?" Yes.

Elvis used them to advantage. He looked wonderful in them as they broadened his shoulders and minimized his waist. But eventually, they had definitely run their course.

While some of them are works of art, others did him no favors.

They're definitely part of the story. To the extent that they distract from the FULL story is regrettable.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 am

The black and white photo from february 1977 concert (Hollywood, Florida) is one of his worst ever, Elvis should had return to two pieces suits like he did in 1975 (spring)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:23 pm

jurasic1968 wrote:The black and white photo from february 1977 concert (Hollywood, Florida) is one of his worst ever, Elvis should had return to two pieces suits like he did in 1975 (spring)

Elvis didn't care any more and obviously didn't want to be measured. They pulled out the older suits that must have had more extra material to be let out. He should have had an actual wardrobe person with him, not just Charlie. If he was going to pull out old suits instead of having new ones made, he should have pulled out the 75 two piece pilot suits. I'm sure they could have been let out to fit him and he wouldn't have looked so bad.

I've never been a fan of the 2 piece jacket suits from 1975. They were cut wrong and they made him look old and dowdy plus their design looked like airline pilot uniforms as someone else on the board has also pointed out. But they were better and more tasteful than the Indian Feather, King Of Spades, or Sundial suits at his current weight then.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 pm

So much care & thought & innovation went into his show the last 2 years, its just amazing. Elvis was morphing in to the Col artisticley speaking.

Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:13 am

"Tom Jones was wearing HIS same jacket and trousers till 1986"

He prolly didn't wash em either , like the Man with No Name :smt003 :smt005 :smt002

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:14 am

I love the Jumpsuits,especially when i was a kid,teen, and still do,i have alot of faves for sure
but im also very big on the beginning years,if i had to choose between the 50s,60s,70s ELVIS,
I would have to go with my #1 era and that is the 1950s

BOSTON GARDEN 11/10/71, I WAS 10 YEARS OLD WHEN I WITTNESED THIS SHOW
I AM SO HAPPY THAT THEY CAME OUT WITH THE CD
IT BRINGS ME RIGHT BACK TO THE DAY I SAW MY IDOL LIVE IN FRONT OF ME FROM THE 5TH ROW CENTER.
A DAY I HAVE NEVER FORGOTTEN AND IS AS CLEAR IN MY MIND
AS IF IT HAPPEN TODAY,ESPECIALLY NOW THAT I HAVE THE CD :D