Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

THE ELVIS FILES volume 6

Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Just received the new folder of "THE ELVIS FILES" volume 6
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: THE ELVIS FILES volume 6

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:58 am

470 pages with more than 1500 photos...Every single tour concert, the Vegas and Tahoe shows.
Privat moments and in studio. Fans memories.
Better than ever...
Planned shipped to all on August 10.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:20 am

Where can you buy THE ELVIS FILES books in the U.S.?

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:22 am

The Elvis Shop in London has them all for sale I haven't bought any bought there are definitley on the to get list. So many nice items always come out covering Elvis, and my main thing was the music, then books and movies were second.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:02 pm

This is something I look out for.!

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:52 pm

memphisound wrote:The Elvis Shop in London has them all for sale I haven't bought any bought there are definitley on the to get list. So many nice items always come out covering Elvis, and my main thing was the music, then books and movies were second.

Yes, thats the most important thing "the music". The rest comes second. Having said that, i'll be giving this book a miss, not too keen on the jumpsuit Elvis.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:08 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
memphisound wrote:The Elvis Shop in London has them all for sale I haven't bought any bought there are definitley on the to get list. So many nice items always come out covering Elvis, and my main thing was the music, then books and movies were second.

Yes, thats the most important thing "the music". The rest comes second. Having said that, i'll be giving this book a miss, not too keen on the jumpsuit Elvis.

Yes too much money for jumpsuit photos. I've seen enough in my life.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:41 pm

i,m looking forward to this one
just bought volume 1
verry nice pictures from a time that i,am not to keen on
the 70,s is my period
so with this i,m in my eliment
thanks for the news
jan

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:16 pm

I have yet to purchase one of these volumes. Now that we are into Jumpsuit Junkie territory, I'm thinking about picking up the new volume.

To those who have any or all of Volumes 1-5 in their collections, what do we see that we haven't seen already? What percentage of the material would you consider "new?"

Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:26 am

elvisjock wrote:I have yet to purchase one of these volumes. Now that we are into Jumpsuit Junkie territory, I'm thinking about picking up the new volume.

To those who have any or all of Volumes 1-5 in their collections, what do we see that we haven't seen already? What percentage of the material would you consider "new?"

Vol.4 is very good! Better than vol 5 imho
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:07 am

elvisjock wrote:I have yet to purchase one of these volumes. Now that we are into Jumpsuit Junkie territory, I'm thinking about picking up the new volume.

elvisjock I have all 5 volumes and each book has a good share of 'new' pictures, percentage wise It's really difficult to estimate but I can tell you that their has been enough in each volume to make it worthwhile purchasing. To have one Elvis book with 470+ pages of only photographs of Elvis between 1960-1964 is highly unusual, enjoyable and interesting. 1969-1970 as well for that matter. I've overpaid for each book as I've had them sent from London to Cambodia via DHL but I've absolutely no regrets and of course I will purchase the remaining volumes. The only downside is that there is a few errors (not a huge amount) with the dates of some of the pictures, it takes the shine off the books a little as they don't feel as definitive as they could. That said, on the whole each volume is beautifully presented and once the set is complete the collection as a whole will probably never be beaten.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 am

Julian Grant wrote:

elvisjock I have all 5 volumes and each book has a good share of 'new' pictures, percentage wise It's really difficult to estimate but I can tell you that their has been enough in each volume to make it worthwhile purchasing. To have one Elvis book with 470+ pages of only photographs of Elvis between 1960-1964 is highly unusual, enjoyable and interesting. 1969-1970 as well for that matter. I've overpaid for each book as I've had them sent from London to Cambodia via DHL but I've absolutely no regrets and of course I will purchase the remaining volumes. The only downside is that there is a few errors (not a huge amount) with the dates of some of the pictures, it takes the shine off the books a little as they don't feel as definitive as they could. That said, on the whole each volume is beautifully presented and once the set is complete the collection as a whole will probably never be beaten.

How long will you be in Cambodia? I get the impression you are U.S.-born, but I could be mistaken.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:32 am

There are tons of new pictures. Plus the familiar pictures are almost always in better quality.
Some volumes have more new pictures than others. Volume 3,4 and 5 are the ones that really impressed me. Volume 5 haves amazing pictures of Elvis in front of the gates with fans and some terrific photos of the 1970 tours.
Im halfway trough volume 1 and I so far, to my eyes, all the pictures from 1953-1955 are present on A Boy from Tupelo, so nothing new here, wich is a bit disapointing but understandable. From 1956 onwards I saw many new and amazing pictures so far ( Im on page 301 of 584)
The printing quality is great as is the paper.
ThereĀ“s a crass mistake on volume 2 where a picture was taken from the internet where a fan photoshoped her head in Carolyn Jones body! How this passed "Quality Control" bugs me.
But besides this and very few doubled pictures, this series of books is, in my opinion, the definitive document of Elvis life in pictures and one that no serious collector should be without.
Last edited by Sergio Luiz on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Julian Grant wrote:

How long will you be in Cambodia? I get the impression you are U.S.-born, but I could be mistaken.

Really John? I thought you knew that I am actually from Scotland. I've been living in Cambodia now for 8 years and I've no plans to leave :-)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:56 am

Julian Grant wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:How long will you be in Cambodia? I get the impression you are U.S.-born, but I could be mistaken.

Really John? I thought you knew that I am actually from Scotland. I've been living in Cambodia now for 8 years and I've no plans to leave :-)

Did not know that! Guess the monsoon life suits you! Cool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambodia#Climate

Me? I'm an earthquake kid of guy. ;-)

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Should be good and those Tahoe shots...

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:23 pm

i did reserve myself a copy allready
don,t want to miss out on this
can,t wait to see all the pictures in it
jan

Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:19 am

wasnt really sure if i wanted to invest in this, but hearing the great reviews i decided to do so,
so will order 2 volumes each month

Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:wasnt really sure if i wanted to invest in this, but hearing the great reviews i decided to do so,

Same here.
I have to catch up on all previous releases as I do think this should be in my collection.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 pm

Robert wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:wasnt really sure if i wanted to invest in this, but hearing the great reviews i decided to do so,

Same here.
I have to catch up on all previous releases as I do think this should be in my collection.

yeah heck, even my father sayd go collect them as he thinks it will be a nice collection to showcase aswell.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:
Robert wrote:

Same here.

yeah heck, even my father sayd go collect them as he thinks it will be a nice collection to showcase aswell.

we'll Johnny , your father is a wise man !! :lol: