Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

has elvis ever watched the tv series "the persuaders" ?

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:12 am

hi

litlte question

i was wondering

has elvis ever watched tv series "the persuaders" ?

Re: has elvis ever watched the tv series "the persuaders" ?

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:21 am

I have no proof but I'd like to think he did.

EP loved Curtis and even though the show was a relative flop stateside I can imagine him enjoying a few epsiodes.

The show's cancellation after one series apparently freed Moore to accept the Bond role.

FANTASTIC theme tune from John Barry, by the way.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:40 am

Loved this series as in Germany they dubbed it with very funny comments and dialogues. That's why over here it became a classic.

By the way, Tony Curtis was dubbed by the same voice artist who borrowed Elvis his german voice in most of his movies: Rainer Brandt.

But I like to think Elvis watched the series. Not convinced he would have liked it though.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:14 am

One of my favorites series! Just love them! I think he saw them, as you said he love curtis! All of us know the story about the hair black "like tony curtis"

Lol!

Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:17 am

tcb4 wrote:has elvis ever watched tv series "the persuaders" ?

Fascinating question. Perhaps he did. But, really, who cares about whether Elvis watched a TV program that barely lasted a season in 1971-72, and played opposite Presley favorite "Mission: Impossible" on Saturday evenings? What is the significance of this?

That said, given that Elvis was working a dinner show at the Hilton starting January 26, 1972, the window on viewing "The Persuaders" grew very tight indeed. You might be interested to learn he adored "My Mother The Car."

Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:05 am

I know he hasn't seen it in years. :lol:

Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:01 am

I loved this show as a kid. It wasn't opposite Mission Impossible in my town (Denver), it played after the late news at 10:30 on Sunday nights. I loved Tony Curtis's quirky way of dressing with the driving gloves and the scarfs. It made me want driving gloves at 10 years old!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:32 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:By the way, Tony Curtis was dubbed by the same voice artist who borrowed Elvis his german voice in most of his movies: Rainer Brandt.

same here with Michel Roux who made the dialogues funnier 8)