Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator1, Moderator2

Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby houndog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:58 am

I am not the person selling this and I have no connection to them, I was just wondering if it was genuine


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140996142746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Last edited by houndog on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HOUNDOG

you aint nuthin butta.......
User avatar
houndog
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 1151
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:03 am
Location: down by the riverside
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: 1973 Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage

Postby Delboy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:02 pm

You must have a different version of Aloha to the rest of us. None of the versions I have show Elvis wearing a cap!
Delboy
Offline
 

Re: 1973 Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage

Postby houndog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:08 pm

Doh.... I'm a plonker :facep:
HOUNDOG

you aint nuthin butta.......
User avatar
houndog
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 1151
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:03 am
Location: down by the riverside
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: 1973 Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage

Postby Delboy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:13 pm

houndog wrote:Doh.... I'm a plonker :facep:

:D :D

More importantly, who is the young lady in your avatar? I think we should be told. We can worry about Elvis' cap later. :wink:
Delboy
Offline
 

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby houndog » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:20 pm

That my friend is unfortunately for me only a very good friend :lol:
A very beautiful Romanian lady by the name of Anna
HOUNDOG

you aint nuthin butta.......
User avatar
houndog
Offline
 
Topic author
Posts: 1151
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:03 am
Location: down by the riverside
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby Julian Grant » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:21 pm

houndog wrote:I am not the person selling this and I have no connection to them, I was just wondering if it was genuine
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140996142746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649


Could well be. It went unsold recently at a Julien's Auction:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auction ... 3Fpage%3D3

lot131109.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
User avatar
Julian Grant
Offline
 
Posts: 1674
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:09 am
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 77 times

Re: 1973 Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage

Postby Winston » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Delboy wrote: ... More importantly, who is the young lady in your avatar? I think we should be told. We can worry about Elvis' cap later ...

:mrgreen: :smt003 ::rocks
User avatar
Winston
Offline
 
Posts: 955
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:58 am
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby swagers » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:29 pm

i don,t know or elvis ever wore that cape
in a show
never saw a picture from elvis with it
i did know that it was made for him but it was to heavy for him i heard
jan
swagers
Offline
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby elvis1977br » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm

fake!
Life is messy
I feel like Elvis Presley
At a very early age
They put you in a cage
And they push you out on stage
Life is messy

Rodney Crowell - Life Is Messy
User avatar
elvis1977br
Offline
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:42 am
Location: Porto Alegre - Brasil
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby merry77 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:23 am

the cape is genuine, but never used by Elvis.
Joined this board exactly 30 years after Elvis show in Phoenix, Arizona to celebrate this wonderful fact.
User avatar
merry77
Offline
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:14 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby eligain » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:54 am

Don't know if this is genuine but the story goes that Bill Belew made this long cape for the Aloha suit and when they put it on Elvis he fell backwards on his back and laughed his ass off. It was way too heavy, so they made the shorter versions.
User avatar
eligain
Offline
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby Energy Catalyzer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:17 am

ORIGINAL CAPE MADE FOR ELVIS PRESLEY'S ALOHA FROM HAWAII CONCERT - 1973

In terms of authentic iconic Elvis items, it does not get much better than this! This is THE ORIGINAL cape which was made for Elvis to wear for the legendary "Aloha from Hawaii" Concert in January, 1973. This cape was designed by Elvis' designer Bill Belew so that when Elvis came on stage, he could be "hidden" behind the long cape. The idea was that Elvis would appear on stage for this world-first event, behind the cape and at the end of the Space Oddysey, he would drop the cape and turn to face the audience, revealing himself to the waiting crowd.

When Bill Belew arrive in Hawaii with this magnificent 5 foot long cape, Elvis tried it on and almost tumbled over backward as he tried to walk. It was decided that for the concert itself, a shorter version of this design should be used. Bill Belew then had only 24 hours to make a new cape. This cape was then sent back to Graceland and remained there, in its archives until the charity auction held in 1999. This cape represents not only the single most significant live performance ever by Elvis, but also the ultimate in authenticity and provenance. I purchased this cape from the successful bidder at the Graceland Archives auction, so in effect, I am only its 3rd owner ever! You could be it's 4th!

As most people know, this cape and it's design are significant (not only because of it's place in history) but also because the design of the eagle and the colours were to represent Elvis' passion and patriotism for his own country.




Image

This famous cape in question is here behind the 'Aloha' jumpsuit
User avatar
Energy Catalyzer
Offline
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby eligain » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:01 pm

Energy Catalyzer wrote:ORIGINAL CAPE MADE FOR ELVIS PRESLEY'S ALOHA FROM HAWAII CONCERT - 1973

In terms of authentic iconic Elvis items, it does not get much better than this! This is THE ORIGINAL cape which was made for Elvis to wear for the legendary "Aloha from Hawaii" Concert in January, 1973. This cape was designed by Elvis' designer Bill Belew so that when Elvis came on stage, he could be "hidden" behind the long cape. The idea was that Elvis would appear on stage for this world-first event, behind the cape and at the end of the Space Oddysey, he would drop the cape and turn to face the audience, revealing himself to the waiting crowd.

When Bill Belew arrive in Hawaii with this magnificent 5 foot long cape, Elvis tried it on and almost tumbled over backward as he tried to walk. It was decided that for the concert itself, a shorter version of this design should be used. Bill Belew then had only 24 hours to make a new cape. This cape was then sent back to Graceland and remained there, in its archives until the charity auction held in 1999. This cape represents not only the single most significant live performance ever by Elvis, but also the ultimate in authenticity and provenance. I purchased this cape from the successful bidder at the Graceland Archives auction, so in effect, I am only its 3rd owner ever! You could be it's 4th!

As most people know, this cape and it's design are significant (not only because of it's place in history) but also because the design of the eagle and the colours were to represent Elvis' passion and patriotism for his own country.




Image

I saw the full length cape at Graceland in 1982.

This famous cape in question is here behind the 'Aloha' jumpsuit
User avatar
eligain
Offline
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: Elvis Presley's Aloha from Hawaii Full Length Stage Cape

Postby eligain » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 pm

eligain wrote:
Energy Catalyzer wrote:ORIGINAL CAPE MADE FOR ELVIS PRESLEY'S ALOHA FROM HAWAII CONCERT - 1973

In terms of authentic iconic Elvis items, it does not get much better than this! This is THE ORIGINAL cape which was made for Elvis to wear for the legendary "Aloha from Hawaii" Concert in January, 1973. This cape was designed by Elvis' designer Bill Belew so that when Elvis came on stage, he could be "hidden" behind the long cape. The idea was that Elvis would appear on stage for this world-first event, behind the cape and at the end of the Space Oddysey, he would drop the cape and turn to face the audience, revealing himself to the waiting crowd.

When Bill Belew arrive in Hawaii with this magnificent 5 foot long cape, Elvis tried it on and almost tumbled over backward as he tried to walk. It was decided that for the concert itself, a shorter version of this design should be used. Bill Belew then had only 24 hours to make a new cape. This cape was then sent back to Graceland and remained there, in its archives until the charity auction held in 1999. This cape represents not only the single most significant live performance ever by Elvis, but also the ultimate in authenticity and provenance. I purchased this cape from the successful bidder at the Graceland Archives auction, so in effect, I am only its 3rd owner ever! You could be it's 4th!

As most people know, this cape and it's design are significant (not only because of it's place in history) but also because the design of the eagle and the colours were to represent Elvis' passion and patriotism for his own country.




Image

I saw the full length cape at Graceland in 1982.

This famous cape in question is here behind the 'Aloha' jumpsuit


I saw the full length cape at Graceland in 1982.
User avatar
eligain
Offline
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 95 times


Return to All Elvis

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Eap3577, Glynalone, Google [Bot], janti, jurasic1968, King Volcano, MoodyBlue1963, R2-D2 and 7 guests