Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: 1968 Comeback: The Beatles

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:15 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
matilda wrote:so all in all...i doubt highly that lennon critizised elvis in any way,....even tongue in cheek...he was way too overwhelmed meetin his childhood idol.

If you become more well-read on the subject, all doubt will be removed. ;-)

If there's any doubt, it really didn't happen. It was probably a joke amongst themselves as they were getting high in the car on the way home. By the time they got back, they had re-written history.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:31 pm

John Lennon was known to be a pretty outspoken guy.

I've read in magazine articles from 1965 where Lennon, McCartney and Ringo are interviewed and they all admitted to telling Elvis that they loved his early stuff but didn't like his music now.

It was no secret that Elvis was cutting crap during that time even his biggest die hard fans were losing faith.

Elvis knew it himself but didn't do anything about it.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:16 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
matilda wrote:so all in all...i doubt highly that lennon critizised elvis in any way,....even tongue in cheek...he was way too overwhelmed meetin his childhood idol.

well, like i said...concerning this comment from lennon..i have my doubts...besides, i have read alot concerning that meeting....alot of it is hogwash....cause people have agendas.....but i wont fight about this one remark...

but it is not true, like you said somewhere above, that the beatles met elvis because elvis requested that meeting...
the other way around is the truth..

coming back to lennon....i have read also that him and elvis were fightin about politics etc...
i highly doubt that too...
Last edited by matilda on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 pm

I'm not objective, I simply can't bear those guys, even if I like about 15-20 of their songs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Wait a minute, Elvis requested the meeting?

I didn't know that!

What is the source for that information, please?

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:32 pm

jungleroombear wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

If there's any doubt, it really didn't happen. It was probably a joke amongst themselves as they were getting high in the car on the way home. By the time they got back, they had re-written history.

i think so too.
in retrospective.....things appear different.
lennon outspoken...yes...in general.
but meetin his idol....might have made a diffedence.
i wonder why didn't he told him flat out then"hey you died when you came out of the army...."
ok, that is extreme....but still.....to interpret for yourself or the press such a meeting is different then that moment when they did sit in front of elvis.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:35 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:Wait a minute, Elvis requested the meeting?

I didn't know that!

What is the source for that information, please?

i did not know that either.
but even mc cartney explained in lenght about the beatles desire to meet elvis....and how severel times their request were put off by parker.
and how he tried to keep their spirits up with little presents instead of meeting their idol.
until parker finally arranged it...and elvis dutifully obliged .

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:24 am

jungleroombear wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

You are quite the "Beatles expert" and clearly circumspect in your replies.

My statement stands, but I have heard that ignorance is bliss, so do enjoy. ;-)