Tickle Me UK Press Campaign

Re: Looking for info on UK film posters

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:46 pm

better quality

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:01 pm

I posted this because there is a subtle difference when compared to the one already posted....the songbook, announcing 14 terrific songs overlaps the red border on this.....

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:39 pm

4 page film synopsis as used for the British cinema release in 1966.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:41 pm

Does anybody know why the two titles never had a UK opening? That's VERY odd for a major studio film with a name cast.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 pm

This 8 page pressbook from the MGM film release in 1965 features details for the ordering of the Quadf Crown poster for 3 Shillings and Sixpence together with front of house lobby cards and column advertisement blocks. There is a 2 page section entitled showmanship and a 2 page section entitled publicity all intended to help the British cinema maximise the campaign.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:45 pm

HoneyTalkNelson wrote:Does anybody know why the two titles never had a UK opening? That's VERY odd for a major studio film with a name cast.

Around this time some Elvis films were poor at the box office with some being shown, cut, as B movies.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 pm

I think now this is from 1956......The iconic 1956 British quad film poster with printing by Kent art printers Ltd. of Chatam. Tom Chantrell's artwork pays tribute to the screen debut of Elvis Presley and we are in no doubt that this is a film primarily about the rise of one of the greatest music talents ever to grace the business. 20th Century Fox were making an inexpensive black & white CinemaScope western called "The Reno Brothers" when they got lucky and cast the younger brother Clint Reno as one Elvis Presley. The title of the western was changed to the title of the song that Elvis made a hit - the ballad "Love me tender." The film repaid the investment in just three days.

pingpong wrote:I believe this is a 1960 poster when the film was re shown at British cinemas.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 pm

FABULOUS. On the "Loving You" poster, the top of the guitar has been altered! In my 40 years of collecting, I have never seen this one of the "King Creole" posters 'in the flesh'.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:04 pm

I need this confirming as being British....

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 pm

pingpong wrote:I need this confirming as being British....

This is one of the half-sheets used for promotion in the USA.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Interesting that all the posters for Love Me Tender feature the movie's title within a black square. Could this be to cover up the original Reno Brothers title? Probably not but just a crazy thought.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Interesting that all the posters for Love Me Tender feature the movie's title within a black square. Could this be to cover up the original Reno Brothers title? Probably not but just a crazy thought.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:

Thanks Bob, I was reading Rex Martin's page and it was unclear if this was the US or UK poster.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 pm

It's the USA style B as indicated in the lower left corner.

Here is style A.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:49 pm

pingpong wrote:
Bob-Holland wrote:

Thanks Bob, I was reading Rex Martin's page and it was unclear if this was the US or UK poster.

You're welcome. of course.
Rex was a really nice guy, but he had a tendency to blow all the pics on his site way out of proportion.

Please check our King Creole page for lots of worldwide posters and lobby's:
http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/king-creole-1958/

:smt023

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:
pingpong wrote:
Bob-Holland wrote:

You're welcome. of course.
Rex was a really nice guy, but he had a tendency to blow all the pics on his site way out of proportion.

Please check our King Creole page for lots of worldwide posters and lobby's:
http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/king-creole-1958/

:smt023

not sure if I am allowed to say Holy sh*t on here...but that is fab...new ones to me and I thought I had seen it all...as you do...thank you Bob nice one.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:43 pm

thank you to everyone who taken part in this thread. A pleasure to have a discussion without being bullied, heckled and made to feel unwelcome which I do on this site.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Yes, this is one of the few threads that is a pleasure to read!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:44 am

discking, a better shot of King Creole poster for your files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 am

pacer1005 wrote:Disking, thought this post i placed a while back might interest you as you showed an interest in front of house lobby cards http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59629

Thanks, pacer1005, this is great. I'll start adding these to the site over the weekend.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:16 pm

Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:25 am

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with images of the posters. I've started adding FOH sets to the pages now. If anyone has any UK film related pics that they don't mind sharing please get in touch or post them here and I'll add them.
The site is http://www.elvisstuff.co.uk/filmposters/

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:36 am

Paradise Hawaiian Style FOH Lobby Cards