Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Looking for info on UK film posters

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:23 pm

Is there a site that shows all the Elvis UK film posters? I thought there would be loads but after an hour on Google I couldn't find any that listed all the posters. I'm also looking for pics of the UK FOH sets.

If there isn't such a site I'm happy to create one if people can help me out by posting pics, info etc.

I know Chris Giles from the Elvis Shop in London had postcards done of all the US lobby cards but, as far as I know, no-one has collated all the UK pics.

Re: Looking for info on UK film posters

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Many films have more than one poster and the cinema chains had their own posters for some.

As a thought would Ebay be a good source for the posters?
Last edited by pingpong on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:27 pm

The ABC Easy Come Easy Go poster.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:29 pm

The British California Holiday poster had a curious appearance of Lucky Jackson....

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:31 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm

I believe this is a 1960 poster when the film was re shown at British cinemas.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Last edited by pingpong on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:13 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 pm

That is all I have..... As always on this site I am ready to be shot down in flames......but I just ignore those inclined to do so....
There are many re issues and variations so it takes some digging to have a complete collection of all movies. Hope this has been of some help.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:18 pm

pingpong wrote:That is all I have..... As always on this site I am ready to be shot down in flames......but I just ignore those inclined to do so....
There are many re issues and variations so it takes some digging to have a complete collection of all movies. Hope this has been of some help.

Wow pingpong, many thanks for the images you posted. There's even one I've not seen before. I have a couple myself but I don't have pics of them yet. I have the Elvis On Tour poster from Oct 1977. On the back is penciled that it's for a three day run in Oct 1977. I also have a double feature poster for King Creole plus another Elvis film (which I can't recall right now) but I've no idea when it's from.

Am I right in thinking that all the UK posters were landscape and not portrait?

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:44 am

I've started up a really basic site for UK film posters. You can find it here: http://www.elvisstuff.co.uk/filmposters/
I've located a number of other posters which I'll add in the next couple of days - depending on work.
Many thanks to pingpong who started me off with the initial images (BTW pingpong is the Kissin Cousins poster from the UK? I've found another image where the word "colour" is the British spelling not the American one?)

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:14 am

Great topic!

Here are a few more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:05 am

Another 5
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks HoneyTalkNelson and Pacer1005. I'll add the pics to the site tonight.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:22 am

A few more

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 am

4 More
Last edited by pacer1005 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 am

Another 5

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:37 am

Roustabout, King Creole re-issue from 1965 and Jailhouse Rock, I have a photo somewhere in my files of Loving You and Love Me Tender original issues. I will have a look and post when i find them.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:12 pm

DSC00424.JPG

Here is the very last Official British quad 30x40 inches ever produced.I Was lucky to obtain it from Showcase cinemas in 2000 When it showed in Leeds for 1 screening.
It is a very beautiful shot with cool logo's.
I'll get it linen backed one day and display in the house.
"That's the way it is" Special edition
Certificate u

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Great Thread! There are many posters I have never seen. Thanks a lot for posting them! ::rocks