Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Love Me Tender' HD - Brilliant!!

Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Just watched Elvis' first movie - LOVE ME TENDER HD on Apple TV store. First watched it many years ago but it was almost like watching a new film - the picture was superb. It's a respectable western with Elvis songs...really enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the acting on show especially Richard Egan who was superb ( I bet they had a great time on the set. Did they stay life-long friends?). William Campbell and fellow character actor Neville Brand also add to the film as gang members ( BRAND starred with John Wayne in numerous movies including the excellent western oater - Cahill: US Marshall). Moreover the stunning Debra Paget played her part well too.

Thanks to Paul McCartney who's impression of Elvis from the film turned me onto it...great scene and all those famous Elvis moves... MORE when 'Poor Boy' is performed later too.

I wonder are there any photos from the movie in the ELVIS FILES BOOKS?
Last edited by a mess of polk salad on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Brilliant - 'Love Me Tender' HD

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:04 pm

If the APLLE Tv version was great then the Blu-Ray will be fantastic.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:13 pm

KingElvis wrote:If the APLLE Tv version was great then the Blu-Ray will be fantastic.

Yes the Blu-ray will be very good - very good for a film from 1956...

Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:38 pm

a mess of polk salad wrote:
KingElvis wrote:If the APLLE Tv version was great then the Blu-Ray will be fantastic.

Thanks for the positive report. I have been wanting to watch LMT again on DVD but I haven't because I'm waiting for the blue-ray. It won't be long. Hope that the other two, FS and WITC will soon follow.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:05 pm

L Ray wrote:

Thanks for the positive report. I have been wanting to watch LMT again on DVD but I haven't because I'm waiting for the blue-ray. It won't be long. Hope that the other two, FS and WITC will soon follow.

Yes it should be good. May pick it up myself - the Blu- ray should be slightly better and would be nice to fit alongside VLV and JHR - both brilliant Blu -rays!!
FS & WITC?

Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:03 am

L Ray wrote:

Yes it should be good. May pick it up myself - the Blu- ray should be slightly better and would be nice to fit alongside VLV and JHR - both brilliant Blu -rays!!
FS & WITC?

FS- Flaming Star
WITC- Wild In The Country

Re: Love Me Tender' HD - Brilliant!!

Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 am

Although his acting is somewhat an embarrassment, the movie is scripted well.
I welcome the Blu-ray as with any other Elvis Presley movie in this format.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:01 am

I have pre-ordered it; it better look fantastic! I've seen it many, many times, and am hoping this will give you a feeling of "being there." I have seen much older films look terrific when transformed. I sure hope so!

This was his very first film, and that's obvious. The casting is silly, and he's trying to figure out what to do and all, but he's just adorable! And I hope to see him back then as never before. {crossing fingers}

rjm

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:04 am

I love Paul McCartney's remarks about seeing this film for the first time. Must have been quite something back then.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:I love Paul McCartney's remarks about seeing this film for the first time. Must have been quite something back then.

It must have been. It was quite something seeing it again myself.