Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

US Long Box CD's

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:31 pm

Please remove if this is 'off topic' . I've seen on ebay Elvis cd releases in the 'long box' format and was wondering how a long box works. Is there a standard jewel case inside the longbox with the usual CD artwork or is the disc attached in the box somehow and the outer box is the artwork. I'm from the UK and have never come across a long box! Thank you in advance...

Re: US Long Box CD's

Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:41 pm

I once bought one, though it was a Sinatra release and it was as you said, a standard regular jewel case inside a long box that was just....a long box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Kept a few of them also.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:12 am

I'm an Aussie, but a long box is like the original 50's, 60s and 70's box sets, I believe.
In other words, separate CD's and jewel cases stored inside a separate box. Quite different to, say, the CD release of the Elvis Aron Presley set.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:01 pm

This is a long box
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Here's another "long box." The "long box" was designed for display at a time most music shops displayed only LPs and singles.

MT
DSCN0617.JPG
DSCN0618.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Two more long boxes from eBay.

MT
Elvis Top 10 Hits.jpg
Elvis 50 Worldwide Gold Hits, Pts. 1 & 2.jpg

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:44 am

Here is one I currently have for sale- it is sealed-
I may have others. They are open though. if possible I will post those.

RCA In Nashv CD Lgbx sld001.jpg

Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:54 am

Well, there's a lot more long boxes than I thought! I actually bought 'Worldwide Gold Award Hits' Parts 1 and 2 on CD second hand, so I've had the contents of a long box without even knowing it! I believe later versions of that particular title came in a 'fat box'. Thank you again for taking the time with all your replies - esp. the pictures, nice to see them...