Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

alternate aloha - is this dvd worth the time

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:46 am

hello ,

i just found this dvd cover and was wondering of this is any good and is the quality any good . is this the same as the japanese aloha that has been around for years or is this something better . it would be nice if someone could let us know if the quality is up to par , thanks ::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: alternate aloha - is this dvd worth the time

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:22 am

Its well made.....I wish they had used a better audio source for the Tom Moffet interview at the arrival.Heard it in much better quality on bootleg.
The show itself contains a lot of alternate angles shown as splitscreen....main part from official 2004 dvd and have added angles from Japanese VCD.
Only watched parts on a small pc screen.....dont know how the VCD footage would look on a big tv screen....probably poor.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76723

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:17 pm

Don't waste your money on this garbage homemade crap.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:20 pm

elviscollector101 wrote:hello ,

i just found this dvd cover and was wondering of this is any good and is the quality any good . is this the same as the japanese aloha that has been around for years or is this something better . it would be nice if someone could let us know if the quality is up to par , thanks ::rocks

The alternate Aloha is just fine as fine a dvd could be. Is it better then the traditional Aloha? Yes, because Elvis was more relaxed (and longer hair) and it seems the stage performance and camera angles were more lively ( with here and there some flaws) then the traditional Aloha show. The traditional Aloha was more slick.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:29 pm

If I got this right, it is NOT the rehearsal but the main show using different camera angles from the japanese version.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:20 am

Its a fine DVD, i really enjoy it.

Cya!