Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Paul McCartney talks about Elvis backstage in Memphis

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Short video of Paul McCartney talking about Elvis Presley backstage with his band at his recent Memphis concert:

phpBB [video]

Re: Paul McCartney talks about Elvis backstage in Memphis

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:21 pm

Thanks for that clip!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Nice clip thanks!

I guess the ticket prices in USA are lot more expensive than in Europe or at least in Finland. I paid about 100 euros in Decemember 2011 to see him play almost 3 hour concert in Helsinki.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:06 pm

intheghetto wrote:That is f'ing great!! I love the way he can do a little of 'We're Gonna Move' right off the top of his head!

Paul just came through my area and played a few nights live. I was *this* close to buying a pretty good seat but even for Paul I couldn't justify spending $350 for two hours of entertainment. That's alot of money, you could buy a round trip ticket to somewhere fun with that. So it just wasn't right…even for a Beatle.

Great clip though, thanks for posting!

It's 3 hours, straight, no break. Paul's worth $100 an hour to me.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:15 pm

He's not worth one dollar, even for 6 hours.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:16 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
intheghetto wrote:That is f'ing great!! I love the way he can do a little of 'We're Gonna Move' right off the top of his head!

Paul just came through my area and played a few nights live. I was *this* close to buying a pretty good seat but even for Paul I couldn't justify spending $350 for two hours of entertainment. That's alot of money, you could buy a round trip ticket to somewhere fun with that. So it just wasn't right…even for a Beatle.

And if you don't want to pay $350 there's always the $59.50 "nosebleed" seats. A pretty good deal for three hours of pure entertainment!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:26 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

I've seen Paul for free the last 2 tours but I can't divulge how I did it. I might get arrested! Saw him in 93 for $25 in Boulder Colorado and they weren't nose bleed at all.. I don't know if prices should have gone up that much in 20 years!

Even if you do get the nose bleed seats; It's amazing how many people start leaving after the first 90 minutes! You can usually move down to great seats for the last hour!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:29 pm

That footage was planned though. Nothing off the cuff about it.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:35 pm

DEH wrote:That footage was planned though. Nothing off the cuff about it.

Paul told you that it was?

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:41 pm

He is obviously a huge fan. He never really disses Elvis as other rock stars do, Pete Townshend/Ozzy Osbourne for example. Paul & John really loved Elvis and the early rockers. It always shows.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:43 pm

nevermind wrote:He's not worth one dollar, even for 6 hours.

Right, he doesn't sing My Way and ONJ covers. I guess that sucks for some.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:48 am

r&b wrote:

What nevermind said isn't right but do you have to dish Elvis in return?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:50 am

Simon1 wrote:
r&b wrote:

Yes - that always bothered me so I have to dish. Sorry, but I never got why Elvis sang such awful stuff but what's dish to me is gold to others, so it doesn't matter in the long run.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:51 am

Props to Sir Paul for being such a dedicated fan all these years later, nice clip.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:02 am

r&b wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
r&b wrote:

Yes - that always bothered me so I have to dish. Sorry, but I never got why Elvis sang such awful stuff but what's dish to me is gold to others, so it doesn't matter in the long run.

And I don't get why if someone dishes Paul you in turn have to dish Elvis, but that's just me probably, glad you feel better!

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:29 am

Simon1 wrote:
r&b wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
r&b wrote:

And I don't get why if someone dishes Paul you in turn have to dish Elvis, but that's just me probably, glad you feel better!

Ding ding ding. Exactly, something that happens way too often around here and pisses me off.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:07 am

smt126 I love that man Paul,always have,for being a Beatle and his band Wings and everything he has done from the beginning to now,and because he is just a nice guy :smt020

Last edited by SUN-RCA on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:18 am

Simon1 wrote:
r&b wrote:
Simon1 wrote:
r&b wrote:

I do not feel anything other than why a nice thread like this has to be tampered with Beatle or in this case Paul bashing for no good reason. It was a nice story and it had to be high jacked by a jealousy. What other reason is there? So if he thinks Paul sucks, that's fine. I think the songs I mentioned by Elvis suck. Fair & square. Didn't Elvis once sing, if you know you cant take it, then why try to give it?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:22 am

r&b wrote:I do not feel anything other than why a nice thread like this has to be tampered with Beatle or in this case Paul bashing for no good reason. It was a nice story and it had to be high jacked by a jealousy.

Agree!

nevermind (AKA '3577') has never hid his rampant jealousy for all things Beatles. It borders on the pathological, and his unsolicited, negative comments have caused many nice threads like this to go haywire. He never stops.

Anyway, it's pretty amazing that a genius like Paul McCartney remains a hard-core Elvis Presley fan in 2013. That's over 50 years of loving Elvis, and you know that can't be bad. ;-)

::rocks

Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:33 am

InheritTheWind wrote:Short video of Paul McCartney talking about Elvis Presley backstage with his band at his recent Memphis concert:

phpBB [video]

Cool clip. Thanks for posting it. Paul's great. Unfortunately he'll be in Ottawa (first time ever) in July and I'm not here then ;-(

Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:42 am

Amazing clip! Thanks for sharing.

One of the few remaining proper 'legends' really.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Brilliant.

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:10 pm

He was on Colbert tonight. They extended the show for an hour. It was pretty cool. He did "For the Benefit of Mr. Kite." Not a favorite of mine, but it is not something he'd apparently performed before. And various songs.

And they talked. Paul said "skedule" the American way, after being annoyed by Colbert. He does look older. I know that sounds stupid, but it always is difficult. "Cute" doesn't age as well. But his voice sounds fine.

And by God, I will NEVER get used to that left-handed playing! I wanted to reverse the picture. LOL!

I enjoyed it. And it was free! :D

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:31 pm

Lawdy, Miss Clawdy. You serious?

If you prefer Elvis to Paul, fine. But you don't have to hate one because of the other. Do you?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:57 pm

rjm wrote:He was on Colbert tonight. They extended the show for an hour. It was pretty cool. He did "For the Benefit of Mr. Kite." Not a favorite of mine, but it is not something he'd apparently performed before. And various songs.

And they talked. Paul said "skedule" the American way, after being annoyed by Colbert. He does look older. I know that sounds stupid, but it always is difficult. "Cute" doesn't age as well. But his voice sounds fine.

And by God, I will NEVER get used to that left-handed playing! I wanted to reverse the picture. LOL!

I enjoyed it. And it was free! :D

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

It was great!
Paul was promoting the release of tjhe "Rockshow" movie on DVD and Bluray.
All songs he performed are part of his "Out There" tour setlist.