Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Question about the On Stage vinyl from FTD.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 am

Why did FTD made this album come with toilet seat paper to put the records into it instead of a nice glossy thin cardboard slot with pictures of Elvis on both sides like the other FTD vinyls?

Re: Question about the On Stage vinyl from FTD.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:14 pm

All the new FTD vinyl's are been packed this way no. They said the plain sleeves would protect the vinyl better than the hard cardboard picture ones. They noted the change in the album description on shop Elvis.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:54 pm

I never had any problems with the hard, cardboard sleeves. Now there is less artwork for the same money. Just another reason for me to no longer purchase the already overpriced FTD vinyl.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:58 pm

murph1031 wrote:All the new FTD vinyl's are been packed this way no. They said the plain sleeves would protect the vinyl better than the hard cardboard picture ones. They noted the change in the album description on shop Elvis.

AKA it is more cost effective to not bother with the additional artwork design and printing. :wink:

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

JerryNodak wrote:I never had any problems with the hard, cardboard sleeves. Now there is less artwork for the same money.

Yep. That's very annoying.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Bring back the gorgeous cardboard sleeves - the vinyls cost enough to warrant the them...

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Bring back the gorgeous cardboard sleeves - the vinyls cost enough to warrant the them...

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:26 pm

Or even paper inners inside the cardboard ones! But that might eat into the profits further! :|

Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:44 pm

I understand them doing the to cut costs - but AT LEAST put them in poly-lined sleeves to help when taking the vinyl in and out!!

Mark

Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:54 am

The sad part is that I don't even play these records. I just open them up and look at them and put them safely away. I buy them because I want to own all the FTD releases. With that being said, they should give us the most for are hard earn buck when we purchase these over priced albums.