Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

SONGS YOU LOVE TO HATE!

Sat May 10, 2003 3:26 am

Since my topic of ALBUMS YOU LOVE TO HATE went down so well, I would assume that there are many songs that people love to hate also!
Here are a few of my songs, that I like and then I don't like!
IT'S ONLY LOVE
RAGS TO RICHES
BEGINNER'S LUCK
HAREM HOLIDAY
YOU GOTTA STOP
CLAMBAKE
PADRE
THERE'S NO ROOM TO RHUMBA
SEEING IS BELIEVING
PUT YOUR HAND IN THE HAND
HEART OF ROME
GIRL OF MINE
OLD McDONALD

well just a few.....

Sat May 10, 2003 3:38 am

Danny boy
old shep

others i dont mind.

Sat May 10, 2003 10:18 pm

I'm pretty burnt out on the following:

You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
You've Lost that Loving Feelin'

Plus '70s live versions of :
Love Me / Teddy Bear/All Shook Up / Don't Be Cruel and most versions of "Hound Dog." Also, having soaked up a lot of imports lately, I'm fried on "I Got A Woman / Amen" too. Those Olivia Newton John covers also are on borrowed time for these ears. Most times I have to also skip "Love Me Tender" and the closing "Can't Help Falling In Love" just to keep them fresh somehow. (I can only imagine how Elvis felt about them!)

"Take Good Care Of Her" is another one I could live without ( plus those other '70s clunkers Ernst wisely left off the well-received "Walk A Mile" box), as well as the usual suspects of his worst '60s movies work like "Confidence," "A Dog's Life," etc. (Too obvious to list here.)

I also try to avoid '50s blanks like "Harbor Lights," and "I'm Counting On You," but I can enjoy them occasionally. In fact, I try to "rest" the '50s rockers, which I heard my whole life, and I try to enjoy other periods of Elvis' life lately.

Do count me as a fan of "My Boy" "Rags To Riches" and a few of the other "epic" belters others seem to hate!

Still, I'm a sucker for all of it.

Sat May 10, 2003 10:38 pm

hey man sound like you hate the whole
live song of elvis lol

i also hate "love me tender" everytime theres a new elvis cd
with his greateast hits.

and live shows has will,

hound dog i don't mine but "love me tender" its out.

Sat May 10, 2003 11:17 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:You've Lost that Loving Feelin'

"Lovin' Feelin'" is one if not THE best pieces)5{ever recorded. Sorry to say it ;) but that's the way it is. - Hey, what about Paul Simpson, didn't you read his book??! ;) ;) ;)

Songs I love to hate:

Life - What a crappy song. Elvis brings real life to it anyway. It's a shame he could have sung the telephone book and it would still have been great.

Love Me, Love The Life I Lead - Probably a better song than "Life" but still pretty crappy. Anyway, he seems to have been in bad moods, maybe he could have done it better ...

"Three Corn Patches" is definitely the worst song Leiber/Stoller have ever written. But it's somehow rockin' anyway, I can help it.

Sat May 10, 2003 11:23 pm

I'm sorry....but I'm not a big fan of ANY version of "Love Me Tender" live or the original... :( :( It's just the simplest and drawned out song...

One song that comes to mind that makes me wanna shiver is "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On" from 1970. ughghhghg....

Those are two that I wanna say at the moment... :oops: :oops:

Sat May 10, 2003 11:33 pm

IMETJB wrote:I'm sorry....but I'm not a big fan of ANY version of "Love Me Tender" live or the original... :( :( It's just the simplest and drawned out song...

Listen to the version from Elvis' 1968 NBC-TV-Special. What a song!

Can't agree on "Whole Lotta Shakin'" either, I'm sorry ... ;) What's wrong with this one? There were times when I couldn't understand what this one had to di with "Elvis Country" but as it was one of "The Killers" biggest records and he was in fact a major country artists also, I think it fit pretty well on "Elvis Country". It was a brave attempt at least. And it's rocking, man ...!

Sun May 11, 2003 12:10 am

You´ve Lost That Lovin´ Feelin´ - the TTWII SE-version must be one of Elvis´s greatest, most passionate recordings!
But....
a few songs I can´t stand:
From A Jack To A King
Old Shep
Take Good Care Of Her
The Last Farewell
Confidence
Petunia, The Gardener´s Daughter
We´re Gonna Move
Didja Ever
A Cane And A High Starched Collar
Datin´