Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New Touchdown - Impossible (Las Vegas, 1971-08-28 MS)

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Jamba wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:At many spots the tape runs not properly so that Elvis sounds droning.....

you wrote this almost ten days ago. did you had it alraedy? i ordered already two weeks ago but still nothing there. seems nobody here did get it already.
hope the show is really new and not just wrong dated.

jamba, you wrote just a couple of posts before that you got it already on the 16th or so and now you are writing exactly the opposite. what´s that all about?

but anyhow, i did REALLY get it 2 days ago and i was hoping for a great release after the posts i read in this thread.

i am sorry to say that i am disappointed. although the sound is decent, elvis´ voice is too much in the background but what i really hate is the "wavering" of the recording which starts already after the 3rd song and continues to get worse all through the cd. that makes me sick! :x

Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Jambalaya wrote:
Jamba wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:At many spots the tape runs not properly so that Elvis sounds droning.....

you wrote this almost ten days ago. did you had it alraedy? i ordered already two weeks ago but still nothing there. seems nobody here did get it already.
hope the show is really new and not just wrong dated.

jamba, you wrote just a couple of posts before that you got it already on the 16th or so and now you are writing exactly the opposite. what´s that all about?

but anyhow, i did REALLY get it 2 days ago and i was hoping for a great release after the posts i read in this thread.

i am sorry to say that i am disappointed. although the sound is decent, elvis´ voice is too much in the background but what i really hate is the "wavering" of the recording which starts already after the 3rd song and continues to get worse all through the cd. that makes me sick! :x

you´re right. sorry. this is the wrong thread. :oops:
i´m waiting for the new sa tanya for dinner which is listed at elvisoncd.com more than a week now i guess.
i just mixed everything on my mind from these two new releases... :roll:

Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:47 am

The tape must have been in a bad condition, but still there are a lot of worse sounding audience recordings out there. The show itself is quite good, the highlight -at least for the concert collectors- is the rare performance of "I Just Can't Help Believin'". In total it's a fine concert with a good mix of older and newer songs. The artwork is well done, I like especially the pictures of the hotel and the shots that show the whole stage.

In total "Impossible" is not the best Touchdown release, but certainly an interesting one for all collectors of concerts. :D

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 am

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:The tape must have been in a bad condition, but still there are a lot of worse sounding audience recordings out there. The show itself is quite good, the highlight -at least for the concert collectors- is the rare performance of "I Just Can't Help Believin'". In total it's a fine concert with a good mix of older and newer songs. The artwork is well done, I like especially the pictures of the hotel and the shots that show the whole stage.

In total "Impossible" is not the best Touchdown release, but certainly an interesting one for all collectors of concerts. :D

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT~! :D

i almost enjoyed listening to this release because i had never heard this show b4 and it also contains THE rare performance!~
but the wavering gets REALLY Annoying upon listening to the 50 minute show. :?

Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:19 am

Gave this a 2nd play yesterday evening and i liked the show...pity about the average sound quality and 'wavering' still it was a brand new show to me and an enjoyable one :D

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:59 am

YDKM wrote:Gave this a 2nd play yesterday evening and i liked the show...pity about the average sound quality and 'wavering' still it was a brand new show to me and an enjoyable one :D

One can expect an "updated/upgraded sound" release within the next few years... :wink: :lol:

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:56 pm

would need a LOT of 'work' to fix it up...needless to say they said they HAD but its not a good recording at all.!~ :|

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:40 pm

YDKM wrote:would need a LOT of 'work' to fix it up...needless to say they said they HAD but its not a good recording at all.!~ :|

Then maybe we might be lucky and one fine day a soundboard recording will surface. Let's keep our fingers crossed! :wink: