Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Mood Swings (New rock legend label)

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:14 am

Tony.. wrote:Is this REALLY any improvement over "Desert storm" in the sound quality department? :roll:

How could ask that Tony? Didn't you read the ad for this CD? It says the sound is a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT over the original...
Judging by the sound sample, it's a night and day difference!!!
:roll:

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:00 am

Ciscoking wrote:John..didn`t you say after the 500th "thank you"...you`d invite me to a beer..?.. :lol:

We're getting there ... ;-)

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:06 am

walkamileinmyshoes wrote:If SA or GRM would have put it out the same way, it would have been praised to heaven, but MxF ...

It is not likely those labels would have put it out the same way.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:15 am

carloselvis wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:Ugly cover, but for those who don't have "Desert Storm" it's a good alternative.

Jimmy vos tenes Desert Storm para comparar el audio?

Sí, lo tengo; aún no comparo el audio, pero lo haré ;)

EDIT: It sounds exactly the same as "Desert Storm"!!!

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:57 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Eder wrote:I have a good boot CD that combines the soundboard with the audience tape for 9-2-74 CS. http://elvisconcerts.com/cds/timetodare.htm
Despite the truly foreboding spoken sections, it does have a number of strong vocals.

IIRC, the reviews for this disc were not too kind. Were they inaccurate?

Not what I would want from an FTD, it's just easy to hear the whole show on it, so I use it as my go to, This new CD doesn't make sense as far as what is added.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:16 am

I think the "Dessert Storm" is a true collectors thing. It is so different and the monologues are a deep view in a soul that is hurt extremely. I wish it comes on FTD-Label as a good soundboard. This is a Collectors-Label. Hell and demnation! :evil:

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:01 am

The choice of bonus material seems a bit odd to me, but I don't own Desert Storm and can't see FTD releasing this show, so this will do me fine.
My dealer is expecting it in about 3 weeks.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:10 pm

Winston wrote:I think the "Dessert Storm" is a true collectors thing. It is so different and the monologues are a deep view in a soul that is hurt extremely. I wish it comes on FTD-Label as a good soundboard. This is a Collectors-Label. Hell and demnation! :evil:

I meant sound quality wise, actually issuing the show on an FTD is a whole other issue.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Although it is intruiging (and sad, embarrassing, moving etc.) it is also too damaging to Elvis' image to be issued by FTD, despite of several good and fair vocal performances and a few unusual song choices.
One could argue that Closing Night '73 and Amarillo '77 were also damaging for different reasons, but Desert Storm shows an aggressive and frustrated Elvis, and that's something I can take, but certain other fans would find hard to place.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:John..didn`t you say after the 500th "thank you"...you`d invite me to a beer..?.. :lol:

We're getting there ... ;-)

Thanks.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 am

i have these shows already... so no intrest from this side of the fence

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:50 am

What's the running time of CD 1? IIRC, the Baxter discs together already had a playing time over eighty minutes.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:05 pm

The sound sample is just amazing! When this come out? Cant wait! I really think this is a very enjoyable show, i have a cdr of dessert storm and i feel its a very personal show that show us the private thoughts of our man. Look forward to have it!

::rocks

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:56 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Eder wrote:I have a good boot CD that combines the soundboard with the audience tape for 9-2-74 CS. http://elvisconcerts.com/cds/timetodare.htm
Despite the truly foreboding spoken sections, it does have a number of strong vocals.

IIRC, the reviews for this disc were not too kind. Were they inaccurate?

Yes.Because sound on time to dare is better than on desert storm.It's more clean and with less hiss on it.That is why I sold my desert storm.I know it's MxF label, but what is on disc counts to me :-)

Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:45 am

August 20, 1973MS is fine. September 2, 1974, NO THANK YOU!!

rlj

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:32 am

Johnny2523 wrote:sounds good thou...
sample: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/32410785/file.html

sounds good thou?? :wtf:

Do you not hear the MASSIVE amounts of Noise Reduction this sample is drowned with? It's so fu*ked up now it sounds like it's being played inside a tomato soup can. :roll:

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:34 am

carloselvis wrote:The sound sample is just amazing! When this come out? Cant wait! I really think this is a very enjoyable show, i have a cdr of dessert storm and i feel its a very personal show that show us the private thoughts of our man. Look forward to have it!

You're kidding right? :roll:

Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 am

JimmyCool wrote:
carloselvis wrote:
JimmyCool wrote:Ugly cover, but for those who don't have "Desert Storm" it's a good alternative.

Jimmy vos tenes Desert Storm para comparar el audio?

Sí, lo tengo; aún no comparo el audio, pero lo haré ;)

EDIT: It sounds exactly the same as "Desert Storm"!!!

..with a ton of added noise reduction.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Im buying it.. it sounds fine to me.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 pm

Yes! Me too! I dont have the fort baxter release.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:05 pm

it was released?

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:18 pm

I don't have the Fort Baxter release, or the "Time To Dare" album, despite the random speeches, the vocal performances are good to me!

Question, is this release not hit ebay yet? Have yet to find a auction for it.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

memphisound wrote:I don't have the Fort Baxter release, or the "Time To Dare" album, despite the random speeches, the vocal performances are good to me!

There was one but it was pulled out! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-new-cd-PR ... true&rt=nc

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:05 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

memphisound wrote:I don't have the Fort Baxter release, or the "Time To Dare" album, despite the random speeches, the vocal performances are good to me!

Thanks for the link Mike, wonder why it was pulled? Oh well, will just keep my eye open.

Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:31 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D .

memphisound wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Thanks for the link Mike, wonder why it was pulled? Oh well, will just keep my eye open.

You are very welcome! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.