Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mood Swings (New rock legend label)

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:08 pm

The third release from Rock Legends is '' Mood Swings '' featuring the infamous closing show recorded from the soundboard in Las Vegas, NV on September 2, 1974. The sound quality is a major improvement over the first issue and will contain too the first song performed by Voice titled '' I Couldn't Live Without You '' that was missing on the original. We didn't want the show to start with dialogue instead of music we have spliced in a version of '' C.C. Rider '' recorded less than a month after this one. Elvis' mood swings were legendary during this period of time, and perhaps a bit over the edge on this one. The sound improvement makes it more pleasant as a muffled sound always make a recording sounding less than it was in reality. It will never be his best concert but definitely one of his best representation. As a bonus the second CD features the complete August 20, 1973 M.S., a totally different mood and one of the best ever audience recordings released, and superior to many soundboard recordings.

Track list
CD #1

1 C.C. Rider 2 Microphone Dialogue 3 I Got A Woman / Amen 4 Karate Dialogue 5 Until It's Time For You To Go 6 If you Love Me ( Let Me Know ) 7 It's Midnight 8 Big Boss Man 9 You Gave Me A Mountain 10 Priscilla Dialogue 11 Softly As I Leave You 12 Hound Dog 13 An American Trilogy 14 It's Now Or Never 15 Band Introductions 16 I Couldn't Live Without You ( performed by Voice ) 17 Bringing It Back ( performed by Voice & Elvis sings Bass ) 18 Aubrey ( performed by Voice & Elvis recites the words) 19 Band & Celebrity Introductions 20 It's Now Or Never 21 Let Me Be There ( with reprise )
Track 1 - College Park, Maryland Sept. 27, 1974 evening
Tracks 2-21 - Las Vegas, NV September 2, 1974 C.S.

CD #2
1 If You Talk In Your Sleep 2 Drugs Dialogue 3 Hawaiian Wedding Song 4 Jewelry Dialogue 5 Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing vamp
Las Vegas, NV August 20, 1973 M.S.
6 Introduction : Also Sprach Zarathustra 7 C.C. Rider 8 I Got A Woman / Amen 9 Love Me 10 Steamroller Blues 11 You Gave Me A Mountain 12 Trouble 13 Blue Suede Shoes 14 Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shaking Goin' On / Mama Don't Dance / Flip, Flop And Fly / Jailhouse Rock / Hound Dog 15 Love Me Tender 16 Fever 17 What Now My Love ? 18 Suspicious Minds 19 Band introductions and introducing Bob Hope 20 My Boy 21 Release Me 22 An American Trilogy 23 Mystery Train / Tiger Man 24 Help Me Make It Through The Night 25 How Great Thou Art 26 Can't Help Falling In Love 27 Closing vamp /announcements
Tracks 1-5 - Las Vegas, NV September 2, 1974 C.S. Tracks 6-27 - Las Vegas, NV August 20, 1973 M.S.

This third release by Rock Legends is a LIMITED EDITION presented in a full color digipack with photos related to the time when both shows were recorded. Another high quality set from Rock Legends you don't want to miss !!!

Re: Mood Swings (New rock legend label)

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 pm

Mood Swings, my ass.

No, thank you.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

Ugh :facep:

This was not a good idea. I've waited for someone to finally reissue the August 20, 1973 show, but they released it together with one of the worst shows ever.

:wtf:

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:16 pm

I don't have "desert storm", so seems like a good option.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:31 pm

Waste of time and money.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:38 pm

Joern wrote:Waste of time and money.

I'm gonna skip this one, I have both the desert storm release and the profile boxset. However, I suppose it's a good release for collector's who don't have these two shows.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Strictly for new Elvis CD collectors.....

Pass....

Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 pm

The complete 9-02-1974 CS has yet to see a quality release. There is a very good audience tape that could have been used to fill in the missing portion at the beginning, before Bill Porter rolled his soundboard tape machine. And the bonus cuts are really out of place here. Too bad.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:27 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Strictly for new Elvis CD collectors.....

Pass....

Agreed. I'm passing on this as well.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:44 pm

sounds good thou...
sample: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/32410785/file.html

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:50 pm

I have a good boot CD that combines the soundboard with the audience tape for 9-2-74 CS. http://elvisconcerts.com/cds/timetodare.htm
Despite the truly foreboding spoken sections, it does have a number of strong vocals.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Mike Eder wrote:I have a good boot CD that combines the soundboard with the audience tape for 9-2-74 CS. http://elvisconcerts.com/cds/timetodare.htm
Despite the truly foreboding spoken sections, it does have a number of strong vocals.

IIRC, the reviews for this disc were not too kind. Were they inaccurate?

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 pm

:wtf:

Where have the good old "Rock Legends" days gone? What a piece of smt172

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:17 pm

John..didn`t you say after the 500th "thank you"...you`d invite me to a beer..?.. :lol:

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Is this REALLY any improvement over "Desert storm" in the sound quality department? :roll:
Last edited by Tony.. on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Eder wrote:I have a good boot CD that combines the soundboard with the audience tape for 9-2-74 CS. http://elvisconcerts.com/cds/timetodare.htm

IIRC, the reviews for this disc were not too kind. Were they inaccurate?

The SB part on "Time To Dare" was a 1:1 copy job of the old Baxter release and they edited in the missing parts from a (in my ears) not too bad, but also not too good audience recording. I think these bad reviews were mostly based on the fact that SB and AR do not have the same quality, even it's a rather bad SB and a very good AR - it will never fit perfectly and it's not very enjoyable to listen to such a recording. And another reason might be that it has been released by a label that is not a favorite label. If SA or GRM would have put it out the same way, it would have been praised to heaven, but MxF ...

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:17 pm

"My Desert Serenade" would've been a more appropriate title for this release. "Mood Swings" makes Elvis look like he's going through his monthly hot flashes or something.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:"My Desert Serenade" would've been a more appropriate title for this release. "Mood Swings" makes Elvis look like he's going through his monthly hot flashes or something.

or ''Vegas is in the desert'' a quote from ann margret in viva las vegas :D

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 pm

Johnny2523 wrote:sounds good thou...
sample: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/32410785/file.html

Guys I dont have dessert Storm, the sample sounds good to me, is it better?

thanks for the help!

::rocks

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:13 am

Ugly cover, but for those who don't have "Desert Storm" it's a good alternative.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 am

JimmyCool wrote:Ugly cover, but for those who don't have "Desert Storm" it's a good alternative.

Jimmy Vos tenes Desert Storm para comparar el audio?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:20 am

Im sorry, it was in spanish :facep:

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:22 am

Joern wrote:Waste of time and money.

agree i will also pass on this one and instead buy the June FTD's thank-you! 8)

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:00 am

A good one for those who missed the originals. Desert Storm still does it for me.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 am

Oh wow! Another low point in presley's career to remind us of.