Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Paul McCartney at Graceland

Mon May 27, 2013 3:16 am

Really cool pic of Macca at Graceland. But stepping over the fence??? Some here will not like that.

Paul.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Paul McCartney at Graceland

Mon May 27, 2013 3:22 am

He's Sir Paul. He can do whatever he wants. Besides, he's one of the very few outsiders to ever get to jam with Elvis in his home. Lucky bastard. :lol:

Mon May 27, 2013 3:30 am

Here's another shot of Sir Paul holding my favorite guitar on earth...

Mon May 27, 2013 4:22 am

Looks like he's about to put something on the grave.

Mon May 27, 2013 4:48 am

A guitar pick

Mon May 27, 2013 4:54 am

he got the idea from Javilu LOL

Mon May 27, 2013 7:34 am

Where was the picture with the guitar taken? Looks like maybe the Graceland archives or does he own the guitar?

Mon May 27, 2013 7:42 am

steve in SC wrote:Where was the picture with the guitar taken? Looks like maybe the Graceland archives or does he own the guitar?

I believe it was taken today. Paul McCartney is doing a show in Memphis this evening and he visited Graceland earlier in the day.

Mon May 27, 2013 7:45 am

maybe he's going to buy Graceland.,..,

Mon May 27, 2013 8:10 am

The guitar pick is what Elvis asked for when The Beatles were at his house. They didn't have one handy cause they were in Mal Evans pocket, that weirdly had been sewn shut when he sent the article to the cleaners. So they jammed using plastic cut outs. So the photo shows Paul at last presenting him with the pick. Sweet... Anyways that is what I remember seeing,hearing or reading and not verbatim at all.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:18 am

joshferrell wrote:maybe he's going to buy Graceland.,..,

I was thinking that the visit came at a propituous time too. Paul is incredibly rich.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:47 am

Paul is holding the guitar without the archive white gloves that they usually wear when holding Elvis's things. I guess having one legend's skin oils on another legend's possession is okay!
Last edited by eligain on Mon May 27, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:54 am

"I Feel Fine"!

:D

rjm (Graceland is not for sale, I don't think . . .)

P.S. -- He's stepping, in Blue Suede Shoes - if you look, right where my knee was, before there was a fence. That place is the rock Jerusalem. At one time or another, we all touch the same spot. I'm really glad that all misunderstandings are clearly over. I only wish Elvis had lived long enough to talk to him, himself. (Priscilla did talk to him. In Vegas about 3 years ago.)

Mon May 27, 2013 9:17 am

Too bad the EPE staff didn't have a proper camera to take pics. The pics are so low resolution that they look like they were taken with a mobile phone. It's not everyday that Sir Paul visits Graceland.

Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 am

Juan Luis wrote:The guitar pick is what Elvis asked for when The Beatles were at his house. They didn't have one handy cause they were in Mal Evans pocket, that weirdly had been sewn shut when he sent the article to the cleaners. So they jammed using plastic cut outs. So the photo shows Paul at last presenting him with the pick. Sweet... Anyways that is what I remember seeing,hearing or reading and not verbatim at all.

That's a sweet story.

Mon May 27, 2013 10:48 am

A great legend paying his respects to the greatest of them all, and both Elvis and Paul are such down to earth and humble people!!!!! 8) Those are great pics!! 8)

This is what I posted on his facebook page-

Awesome, Paul McCartney paying his respects to the greatest legend of them all!!!!! Next to Elvis, Paul is as great as anybody, and both Paul and Elvis, as great as they are, are both such humble and down to earth people!! 8)
Last edited by ian on Mon May 27, 2013 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 27, 2013 11:02 am

http://www.wmctv.com/story/22427954/fan ... -mccartney

Opening song in Memphis, it's a great version of Eight days a Week!!!!!-

http://youtu.be/oEeS_lmFtxw

Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 am

cool story-thanksĀ¬! 8)

Mon May 27, 2013 2:33 pm

What a cool story about the pick!!
I'm glad Sir Paul shared it with ELvis fans,i like his personal touch to the man he knew and amired.
Paul being an awesome musician knew great stuff when he heard it....

http://youtu.be/23G0NeZnMfI

heres video of Paul doing "Good Rockin' Tonight" and a good one too
i really like the harmony they did on this nice,real nice!

>>He's done lots of Elvis tunes in concerts ect. but the one i like from him
was when he bought Bill Black's doghouse bass and Paul done a solo with him singing "Heartbreak Hotel"
and playing Bill's bass..mo' great suff.

Thaks Khoots for bringing to the board!

Mon May 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Elton wrote:What a cool story about the pick!!
I'm glad Sir Paul shared it with ELvis fans,i like his personal touch to the man he knew and amired.
Paul being an awesome musician knew great stuff when he heard it....

http://youtu.be/23G0NeZnMfI

heres video of Paul doing "Good Rockin' Tonight" and a good one too
i really like the harmony they did on this nice,real nice!

>>He's done lots of Elvis tunes in concerts ect. but the one i like from him
was when he bought Bill Black's doghouse bass and Paul done a solo with him singing "Heartbreak Hotel"
and playing Bill's bass..mo' great suff.

Thaks Khoots for bringing to the board!

You're very welcome. Such a unique picture of Sir Paul, who still looks and sounds fantastic!! :D

Mon May 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Elton wrote:What a cool story about the pick!!

The story about the pic was told in the Beatles Anthology book over 15 years ago. Mal Evans said it was one of his biggest dissapointments that he couldn't hand Elvis the pic. He ended up in the kitchen breaking plastic spoons for pics. Nice touch from Sir Paul.

Mon May 27, 2013 6:31 pm

I would not call Paul Mccartney humble. He will be the first to toot his own horn. Humble people do not do that. it sucks that celebs get to do things at Graceland that paying fans don't, like see the vault and actually touch the grass near his grave.

Mon May 27, 2013 6:35 pm

"According to the official Twitter account of the former Beatle, McCartney dropped a personal guitar pick on Elvis Presley's grave and said "this is so Elvis can play in heaven."

Read more: http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/ar ... z2UVWygWBT

Mon May 27, 2013 6:36 pm

DEH wrote:I would not call Paul Mccartney humble. He will be the first to toot his own horn. Humble people do not do that. it sucks that celebs get to do things at Graceland that paying fans don't, like see the vault and actually touch the grass near his grave.

And a few have gotten a chance to see the upstairs too.

Mon May 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Long live Macca! 8)