Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: A Legendary Performer

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:34 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

skatterbrane wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Blue River wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
Blue River wrote:
cashfan wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:Regarding the 74 original LP,just read on WWW that first issue had a rare version of cant help falling in love.
Havent heard it myself.

I forgot to mention that in my blog. The version of Can't Help Falling In Love was minus the backing vocals.

Wow! I had the album back then and never realized that! Very interesting.
Does anyone know if it was released on CD that way?
>> http://www.elvisoncd.com/eigenecd/CD/a/ ... usa91.html

The completed master is on the original 1989 Canadian issued CD.

Okay, thanks. So the LP vinyl may be the only way to get the master take minus the backing vocals.

What would be the Elvis world if there weren´t any Elvis Collectors? :roll:. Do you think it would be the end of it? :smt005.

Some on this very messageboard undestimate what a great work they do when they supply rare material and what is more important for free! :wink:.

When they are in that position to supply rare material and they are underrrated what is done over here :shock:, it is then when one realize it is not worth to spend your free time doing this :cry:. But at the same time, you should try not to be selfish and then without thinking twice, you have to think that not everybody has access to everything. That´s why I am always very grateful when Elvis Collectors share their collections over here ::rocks.

Here below you will find a Mono rip in Wav of the rare mix of the song Can´t Help Falling In Love, as included on the original U.S.A Lp CPL1-0341 Elvis-A Legendary Performer Vol 1, where backing vocals by The Jordanaires are almost inaudible. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/43019497/file.html
Can´t Help Falling In Love-Different Mono Mix.

Anytime one can remove the Jordanaires from an Elvis recording, it is a vast improvement. Same would be true with the Stamps or Voice.

I have to disagree with you on The Jordanaires. Those 50´s and 60´s recordings without them is just not the same :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:22 am

skatterbrane wrote:Anytime one can remove the Jordanaires from an Elvis recording, it is a vast improvement.

Whoa! That's just crazy talk!! You may as well replace Scotty, Bill and DJ while you're at it...

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:54 am

elvis-fan wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:Anytime one can remove the Jordanaires from an Elvis recording, it is a vast improvement.

Whoa! That's just crazy talk!! You may as well replace Scotty, Bill and DJ while you're at it...

The Jordanaires were not only Presley's finest backing vocal group, they also ably served (when asked) as musicians, from piano to guitar to percussion, and often added valuable suggestions regarding vocal arrangements.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Would be really cool if FTD releases this series on 7" format, with colour inner sleeve and more outtakes and interviews.

BMG Japan released the first 2 volumes on this Legendary Performer serie on a Mini-Lp cd version and they are beautiful 8), although some collectors say they are bootlegs :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Japan Mini-Lp cd: Elvis-A Legendary Performer Vol 1

Japan Mini-Lp cd: Elvis-A Legendary Performer Vol 2

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Would be really cool if FTD releases this series on 7" format, with colour inner sleeve and more outtakes and interviews.

Perhaps as a 4 CD set... :smt023

Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:26 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Would be really cool if FTD releases this series on 7" format, with colour inner sleeve and more outtakes and interviews.

Perhaps as a 4 CD set... :smt023

Yes, of course all 4 volumes 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Unfortunately THESE are Bootlegs. :shock:

I mean the Covers and the Booklets. :sosorry:
The CDs are real US RCA BMG CDs. :)

Very nice done Covers. But NOT Original RCA BMG SONY Japan :(

Would be really cool if FTD releases this series on 7" format, with colour inner sleeve and more outtakes and interviews.

BMG Japan released the first 2 volumes on this Legendary Performer serie on a Mini-Lp cd version and they are beautiful 8), although some collectors say they are bootlegs :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Andy-M wrote:Unfortunately THESE are Bootlegs. :shock:

I mean the Covers and the Booklets. :sosorry:
The CDs are real US RCA BMG CDs. :)

Very nice done Covers. But NOT Original RCA BMG SONY Japan :(

Thank you! ::rocks. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:11 pm

cashfan wrote:I have been looking through some of the few Elvis vinyl albums I have left in the collection and came across the four volumes of A Legendary Performer and decided to write about the albums on my blog. You can read it here - http://peterlewryblog.weebly.com/

Peter

That was a nice read. Thanks for sharing! I didn't buy these when they first came out, i was only 6yrs old when the first one came out. I bought Vol.1 in 1980 and just fell in love with it, then went and got the rest. Happy memories. Sadly, i don't have the Vinyl anymore but do have Vol.1/2 on CD.
Last edited by mysterytrainrideson on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 pm

r&b wrote:I believe these albums sold better than his studio albums in the 70's. I think RCA also put out this series on some of their other artists as well.

Yes, they did outsell his current albums. Even more sad, Elvis didn't receive a dime for any of them, because of the '73 buyout. How maniac is that?!!!!!

Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:No they were not in chronological order ...

That's not what I wrote. I said "pretty close."

Regardless of such hair-splitting, if Volume 1 and Volume 2 are ever reissued, they must be presented as they were back in the 1970s.

Precisely!

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 am

If FTD ever gets around to releasing the Legendary Performer series, I'm all in.