Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FTD Stay Away, Joe Excellent!!!!!!.

Sun May 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Probably true. But I think Elvis dug the Greensleeves melody.

Sun May 19, 2013 10:48 pm

An ETA's interpretation of "What Child Is This" aka "Greensleeves". Enjoy. Disclaimer to audio illiterates ...It's NOT "My Boy".

phpBB [video]

Sun May 19, 2013 11:21 pm

But the idea of Elvis releasing records with newly written words for popular melodies goes way back to "Love me Tender", and continued with

"now or never", "Surrender", "no more", and many others. So, "stay away" is just another in that vein.

I haven't gotten this CD yet, but I want it.

I always wait til I order about 4 or 5 at a time.

Sun May 19, 2013 11:36 pm

Here's an upload of "Stay Away, Joe" take 17 spliced with the INTRO from the master: http://www53.zippyshare.com/v/25392779/file.html

MT

Sun May 19, 2013 11:39 pm

The Song Stay Away, Joe is on par with Dominic. I do not like either of them. But I DO like Stay Away, Going Home and All I Needed Was The Rain. Of coure US Male and Too Much Monkey Business are each sublime.

Sun May 19, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D .

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Will do after you listen to take 11 ...

You're the one with the complaint, I'm the one with the facts. Do your homework. ;-)

One more time you have been proved to be wrong ...

Oh, my batting average is probably .950 -- and I can live with that. ;-)

Be as rude as you wish, it doesn't change the fact that Elvis HATED the songs Freddy Bienstock submitted for the January 1968 date, to a point where some claim he smashed the worst demos against a wall. It doesn't change the audible derision heard on the outtakes for the soundtrack songs he ended up cutting. It doesn't change that the final tally for two days of session work was four (4) masters, which put Felton Jarvis in RCA's doghouse. And it is a fact that he would not return to Nashville for almost two and a half years.

Those are details you neatly avoid, and that is what I meant by "do your homework."

As for my "Stay Away" example, I made a typo. Sorry, Mike!! I meant to type take 1, now corrected. The extreme disgust with his work on "Goin' Home" continues into the recording of "Stay Away." It is clear and evident.

Perhaps pull away just a tad from your "Elvis collecting obsession" and try to listen to Elvis as a recording artist and a human being. Try to appreciate the aesthetic that FTD embraces with each terrific title.

You might find it's a wonderful way to enjoy the man and his music. ;-)

Yeah, we know you was a fly on the wall during those January 16th, 1968 recording sessions, Mr. Knowledge....(http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/u ... ledge.html) :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Mr. Knowledge was one of the cleverest people in town who could answer every question right. Because he was so clever everybody liked him but he had only one problem, he needed a job.

Mr. Knowledge said to himself that I will ask everybody for a good job. So first he went to ask Mr. Chatterbox for a good job. Mr. Chatterbox told him to chat as long as he could. Mr.Knowledge didn’t want a job to chat.

So he went to ask Mr. Christmas for a job. Mr. Christmas told Mr. Knowledge to deliver all the gifts to kids and adults. But he didn’t want to deliver the gifts. Then he went to Mr. Small asking for a job.

Mr. Small told Mr. Knowledge to write books but Mr. Small was very very tiny for Mr. Knowledge. So he went to ask Mr. Slow for a good job. Mr. Slow told him that he can shop as slow as 24 hours but Mr. Knowledge slept at 7’O clock so he couldn’t shop 24 hours.

So he went to ask Mr. Nonsense for a good job, but Mr. Nonsense told him to drink wine, beer, wiskey, alcohol, which was nothing but nonsense. Then Mr. Knowledge went to ask Mr. Tickle for a good job.

Mr. Tickle told Mr. Knowledge to tickle people who are sad, but Mr. Knowledge did not like even this job.

At last he went to Mr. Grumpy asking for a good job. But Mr. Grumpy banged the door on poor poor Mr. Knowledge’s nose, which was very very very painful. So Mr. Knowledge went home to think of a good job.

At home he thought and thought and thought, but then it was too late and Mr. Knowledge had to sleep. Next day he woke up and got ready to look for good job. Mr. Knowledge didn’t know who to ask for a good job so he thought and thought and thought the whole day.

He was very worried that when he gets old and if he still doesn’t get a job then he wont remain clever. Mr. Knowledge thought of making Computers, Laptops, Tvs, Nintendos and things that have screens and people can learn something new. So he started inventing those things.

Everybody came to buy these things from shops. People loved watching Tv and kids loved playing Nintendos and Moms and Dads loved watching different things on Computers and Laptops.

Everybody in town lived happily ever after, and so did Mr. Knowledge. After all this was the best job he did. That’s the end of the story.

Sun May 19, 2013 11:52 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Perhaps pull away just a tad from your "Elvis collecting obsession" and try to listen to Elvis as a recording artist and a human being. Try to appreciate the aesthetic that FTD embraces with each terrific title.

Maybe you should check out the title of this thread that was created by Mike...

Sun May 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Albert Goldman wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Maybe you should check out the title of this thread that was created by Mike...

:lol: :D

Mon May 20, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D .

skatterbrane wrote:The Song Stay Away, Joe is on par with Dominic. I do not like either of them. But I DO like Stay Away, Going Home and All I Needed Was The Rain. Of coure US Male and Too Much Monkey Business are each sublime.

I do like Goin' Home as well 8). As it seems that the Speedway recording sessions are missing from the RCA vaults, it could be that Mr. Ernst Jorgensen is holding some of the outtakes of Goin' Home for a future FTD Speedway release. We all know that it was a bonus track on the original LP :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon May 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Like your sig, Mike... :lol:

Mon May 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D

Ciscoking wrote:Like your sig, Mike... :lol:

Thank you Mr. Ciscoking! :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon May 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Mike Windgren wrote: As it seems that the Speedway recording sessions are missing from the RCA vaults, it could be that Mr. Ernst Jorgensen is holding some of the outtakes of Goin' Home for a future FTD Speedway release. We all know that it was a bonus track on the original LP

Good point, Mike. I hope you're right. :smt023

Mon May 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:One more time you have been proved to be wrong ...

Be as rude as you wish, it doesn't change the fact that Elvis HATED the songs Freddy Bienstock submitted for the January 1968 date, to a point where some claim he smashed the worst demos against a wall. It doesn't change the audible derision heard on the outtakes for the soundtrack songs he ended up cutting. It doesn't change that the final tally for two days of session work was four (4) masters, which put Felton Jarvis in RCA's doghouse. And it is a fact that he would not return to Nashville for almost two and a half years.

Those are details you neatly avoid, and that is what I meant by "do your homework."

As for my "Stay Away" example, I made a typo. Sorry, Mike!! I meant to type take 1, now corrected. The extreme disgust with his work on "Goin' Home" continues into the recording of "Stay Away." It is clear and evident.

Yeah, we know you was a fly on the wall during those January 16th, 1968 recording sessions, Mr. Knowledge....

More rudeness. I'm sorry I am writing things that are difficult for you to embrace.

But anyone who devotes time to studying the existing tapes, along with a deep knowledge of the history, will agree with my analysis. Instead of jumping on another person's typo, give Elvis the respect he deserves, back away from the obsessive, need-to-collect-everything mentality, and listen to the man as a human being.

Did you check out "Stay Away" take 1 yet? ;-)

Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Yeah, we know you was a fly on the wall during those January 16th, 1968 recording sessions, Mr. Knowledge....

More rudeness. I'm sorry I am writing things that are difficult for you to embrace.

But anyone who devotes time to studying the existing tapes, along with a deep knowledge of the history, will agree with my analysis. Instead of jumping on another person's typo, give Elvis the respect he deserves, back away from the obsessive, need-to-collect-everything mentality, and listen to the man as a human being.

What's wrong with wanting to collect everything??

Mon May 20, 2013 11:37 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Your ego speaks for yourself :facep:, try to be humble and learn, you don´t know everything Mr. Knowledge!. Read all the answers on this topic and you will find out that it´s not only me who think that Elvis enjoyed the recording of the song Stay Away 8).

Will check out take 1 of Stay Away once you check out take 11 of the same song and accept that what I stated is correct, but maybe you can´t because you don´t have this FTD yet :roll:.

By the way before I forget, did you find out on your copy of Charro if it comes in Mono sound?. You won´t because you´ll never admit your mistake that it comes in STEREO :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue May 21, 2013 1:35 am

Mike Windgren wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Yeah, we know you was a fly on the wall during those January 16th, 1968 recording sessions, Mr. Knowledge....

Your ego speaks for yourself :facep:, try to be humble and learn, you don´t know everything Mr. Knowledge!. Read all the answers on this topic and you will find out that it´s not only me who think that Elvis enjoyed the recording of the song Stay Away 8).

Will check out take 1 of Stay Away once you check out take 11 of the same song and accept that what I stated is correct, but maybe you can´t because you don´t have this FTD yet

Wow, what a nasty reply. I guess I am really pushing a few buttons, and for that I am sorry.

But sometimes the truth hurts.

Bye for now :smt006.

Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 am

Mike Windgren wrote:By the way before I forget, did you find out on your copy of Charro if it comes in Mono sound?

Hey drjohncarpenter, aren't you going to be nice enough to answer Mike's simple, straightforward question?

Maybe you might want to accuse Mike of being a racist if you can't think of a sensible answer. smt179
Afterall, you're an expert at mindlessly playing the race card >> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76809

Tue May 21, 2013 3:14 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Yeah, we know you was a fly on the wall during those January 16th, 1968 recording sessions, Mr. Knowledge....

Will check out take 1 of Stay Away once you check out take 11 of the same song and accept that what I stated is correct, but maybe you can´t because you don´t have this FTD yet

Wow, what a nasty reply. I guess I am really pushing a few buttons, and for that I am sorry.

But sometimes the truth hurts.

Bla, bla, bla, bla... :facep:. Keep posting you are good on that, soon you will reach the millionth post :shock:. Thanks to your posts, this will be the most successful topic on FECC's history. But while you keep posting and if you have time, please look for your Charro Mono copy as we keep waiting for you to say that you were wrong and that it is in STEREO as proved by me with documents and audio, those were my sources! :smt005.

C´mon Mr. Knowledge you have lost the battle be humble and admit it ::rocks. By the way Elvis digged "Stay Away" 8). Bye for now :smt006.

Tue May 21, 2013 3:35 am

Three-for-three.

It appears we are seeing the real you. It's not pretty.

Food for thought.

Tue May 21, 2013 3:41 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Three-for-three.

Food for thought.

We also found out a loooooooooooong time ago who you are too!. Have a great night of posting :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue May 21, 2013 3:44 am

Four-for-four.

Tue May 21, 2013 3:47 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Food for thought.

We also found out a loooooooooooong time ago who you are too!. Have a great night of posting :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Blimey, Mike. What's got into you in the last two weeks?!

Tue May 21, 2013 3:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Four-for-four.

John, please act like a man long enough to stop harassing Mike Windgren. He's one of the nicest members here on FECC.

Geeezz! Take a break and go root for Marco Scutaro to extend his hitting streak! >> http://www.baseballmusings.com/cgi-bin/CurStreak.py

Tue May 21, 2013 3:56 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Food for thought.

Blimey, Mike. What's got into you in the last two weeks?!

Ask Mr. Knowledge he knows! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue May 21, 2013 9:52 am

Great. Another interesting topic gone down the drain, man.