Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FTD Stay Away, Joe Excellent!!!!!!.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D

Pink&Black wrote:This is a release that I wouldn't have bought if it hadn't been for all the positive reviews on this board. And I haven't been disappointed.

That was the main goal to inform fans what a great release this was :wink:. Glad you liked it!. Bye for now :smt006.

Hopefully it will encourage FTD to release more soundtracks, and soon! This is entertaining stuff.

Here is hope as well. At least Kissin' Cousins just for you and me as others seem not to care too much about this soundtrack :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.
Last edited by Mike Windgren on Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Pink&Black wrote:This is a release that I wouldn't have bought if it hadn't been for all the positive reviews on this board. And I haven't been disappointed. One question though: didn't Elvis have an agreement with RCA that Dominic would never be released? my God that's a terrible song :cry: It's the only Elvis song I can't listen to, makes Clambake sound like a really good song.

:) What about Old MacDonald and my own personal worst.. Who Needs Money ? :facep: :(

I think with Dominic he semi-jokingly said "Don't release this until I'm dead" or something; there was never a formal/enforceable ban on its release was there? Certainly not enforceable forever, as it came out years ago on Double Features.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:36 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Pink&Black wrote:This is a release that I wouldn't have bought if it hadn't been for all the positive reviews on this board. And I haven't been disappointed.

That was the main goal to inform fans what a great release this was :wink:. Glad you liked it!. Bye for now :smt006.

Hopefully it will encourage FTD to release more soundtracks, and soon! This is entertaining stuff.

Here is hope as well. At least Kissin' Cousins just for you and me as others seem no to care too much about this soundtrack :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

You guys are making me want a Kissin' Cousins FTD, something I never thought I'd say! :)

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:50 pm

King Volcano wrote:

Here is hope as well. At least Kissin' Cousins just for you and me as others seem no to care too much about this soundtrack :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

You guys are making me want a Kissin' Cousins FTD, something I never thought I'd say! :)

Welcome to the FTD Kissin´Cousins Fan Club :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Welcome to the FTD Kissin´Cousins Fan Club
Count me in! :wink:

But although I don't like "Kissin' Cousins (No. 2)" and "Barefoot Ballad" at all I'd like to have the unedited masters of the first one and "Catchin' On Fast". It's about time.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:17 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:

But although I don't like "Kissin' Cousins (No. 2)" and "Barefoot Ballad" at all I'd like to have the unedited masters of the first one and "Catchin' On Fast". It's about time.

Of course my friend, you are very welcome too! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
MysteryTrain wrote:Good post, Doc.

I'd love to hear "Kissin' Cousins" No. 1 with Elvis singing in his "regular" voice throughout the entire track. You are correct, an acapella "hillbilly" version was released sans the backing track on "Silver Screen Stereo." If I recall correctly, someone later dupped a backing track on the "hillbilly" voice version, which has not been released officially. Was it Jamie Aaron Kelley?

MT

Thanks.

No idea who was behind that mix, but it may be up on YouTube. Anyone know?

It was actually made by Jacques Scoazec, and he sent it to me back in 2005. I had it on my site for a while, until "Snowy" bootlegged most of the audio I had up at the time!

Kissin' Cousins Number 3 (Right Click - "Save Target As")

Keith

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Keith wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
MysteryTrain wrote:Good post, Doc.

I'd love to hear "Kissin' Cousins" No. 1 with Elvis singing in his "regular" voice throughout the entire track. You are correct, an acapella "hillbilly" version was released sans the backing track on "Silver Screen Stereo." If I recall correctly, someone later dupped a backing track on the "hillbilly" voice version, which has not been released officially. Was it Jamie Aaron Kelley?

MT

Thanks.

No idea who was behind that mix, but it may be up on YouTube. Anyone know?

It was actually made by Jacques Scoazec, and he sent it to me back in 2005. I had it on my site for a while, until "Snowy" bootlegged most of the audio I had up at the time!

Kissin' Cousins Number 3 (Right Click - "Save Target As")

Keith

Thanks, Keith, never heard that before.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Here is hope as well. At least Kissin' Cousins just for you and me as others seem not to care too much about this soundtrack :smt005.

I think they do care, they just won't admit it. They don't have the guts. And because the others are too ashamed to beg for more soundtracks, you and me, Mike, will have to speak for them too!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:27 am

You can add my name to your Kissin' Cousins soundtrack appreciation list.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 am

Mike Windgren wrote:Here is hope as well. At least Kissin' Cousins just for you and me as others seem not to care too much about this soundtrack :smt005.

I think they do care, they just won't admit it. They don't have the guts. And because the others are too ashamed to beg for more soundtracks, you and me, Mike, will have to speak for them too!

Great, I knew you wouldn´t fail me :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:32 am

King Volcano wrote:

Welcome to the FTD Kissin´Cousins Fan Club :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

I had a re-listen nice & loud last night on the Double Features CD. It's actually quite enjoyable, more than I remember, and unlike a lot of them I can listen all the way through. It'd be even more so if the sound quality was better. I have no plans to ever see the movie (there's quite a few Elvis movies I've never seen and probably never will) but I would buy a better sounding version of the soundtrack for sure.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Someone should start a "Kissin' Cousins" FTD thread. :)

RKS

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:33 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:

Man, what a treat that might be!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 pm

The only songs I liked on the original album were the bonus songs. I know a lot of people like Tender Feelings but that is only the best of a bad lot. I'll buy the FTD when it comes but I'm not anxious for it.

BTW, Stay Away Joe is good. Glad to have it in the FTD collection.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 pm

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:Someone should start a "Kissin' Cousins" FTD thread. :) RKS

Why a new Kissin' Cousins thread when we had recently one, look at this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41097 or did you missed that one? :wink:. Enjoy!. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:52 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:

Man, what a treat that might be!

Well there are certainly greater things still to be discovered ("Well, I'm the king of the jungle...") but I'd like to listen to the most complete tapes and best possible audio quality. After all, I'm a collector of Elvis stuff. And since english is not my mother tongue, I don't necessarily listen to the silly lyrics all the time and just enjoy the tunes. :wink:
Even though I'm aware of the fact these songs didn't do no good to Elvis' legacy. But they are part of the history and I kinda dig 'em.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:03 pm

Why a new Kissin' Cousins thread when we had recently one, look at this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41097 or did you missed that one? . Enjoy!. Bye for now

Because this is your "Stay Away, Joe" thread. I keep coming to this thread when I notice new postings and hoping to see more discussion about the "Stay Away, Joe" FTD and all I get is "Kissin' Cousins" chatter. :lol:

RKS

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Hi there!!

RKSNASHVILLE wrote:
Why a new Kissin' Cousins thread when we had recently one, look at this: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41097 or did you missed that one? . Enjoy!. Bye for now

Because this is your "Stay Away, Joe" thread. I keep coming to this thread when I notice new postings and hoping to see more discussion about the "Stay Away, Joe" FTD and all I get is "Kissin' Cousins" chatter. :lol:
RKS

I try to keep it updated as much as I can but I need people reactions for this release that's why it turned to a Kissin' Cousins thread :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Mike C wrote:What's the difference in the original single edit of Stay Away?

Well it is in glorious Mono and shorter :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

So it sounds worse and there's less of it!? No point in wasting space on a cd with it then.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Tony.. wrote:

Mike C wrote:What's the difference in the original single edit of Stay Away?

Well it is in glorious Mono and shorter :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

So it sounds worse and there's less of it!? No point in wasting space on a cd with it then.

But there was empty space left in the cd anyway. Better have this that nothing :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Tony.., that's the way it's been released back in 1970. The way a lot of Elvis fans heard it for the first time. I was wondering why the the faded version wasn't included on the "Complete Masters" set for historical reasons.