Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis Stereo ´57 SACD

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Juan Luis wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Juan Luis wrote:You can always sell it. And remember you can't copy the SACD part.

Sell it and deceive the buyer?. No thank you. Bye for now :smt006.

I did not say deceive. I said sell it. You can still sell it stating it has a mastering fault. A very important bonus track #20.

If I had knew from the start that It had a mastering fault on the cd I wouldn't have bought it even if it is the Mono bonus track only. And I am sure that now less fans over here will buy this release :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Mike - have you contacted the label and reported the problem yet?

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Matthew wrote:Mike - have you contacted the label and reported the problem yet?

No Sir, I was asking for support over here so we could report together, but nobody seems to care! :x. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:35 pm

No Sir, I was asking for support over here so we could report together, but nobody seems to care! :x. Bye for now :smt006.

I don't understand, is there a notice on the label website that requires more than one complaint for action to be taken? Why do you need other forum members support in order to craft and send the label an email? Are you afraid to contact them for some reason?

You should email them so they can sort the problem out as quickly as possible. They are a small label, so you will probably get a reply. For example, when Audio Fidelity announced they were releasing Blues Breakers John Mayall with Eric Clapton, I emailed them and suggested they release the original 1966 mono album mix as this was John Mayall's preferred version and it had not yet had an audiophile release, whereas the later stereo mix had. They agreed, and that is what they released. I do not know if other people emailed them too, maybe they did, but that wasn't the point. It takes little effort to write an email.

So action is possibly, and likely. But all the while you just sit on your hands about it nothing can be done about it. So the question is, are you going to lead the way?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:00 am

Tony.. wrote:
memphisflash wrote:The mastering problem on the last track IS there regretfuly, otherwise it isn't a huge improvement. I did an A-B with the SACD and cd('s) at the same time. Mastering on the Stereo 57 cd seems a bit louder on the binaural tracks, but the quality differs a lot on the mono tracks, there is some noice cancelling on 'Tell Me Why' on the SACD, original cd sounds better, but more 'digital'. The SACD is less brittle on Elvis voice (binaural), more natural - but very slightly ...
Overal if you don't have them, it saves you $30 a piece, and you won't miss a thing on all 3 SACD's, all come with flaws, even the cover-photo's are better on the original DCC and BMG cd's. nice collector items, but that's realy it .... :( Stick with your original cd's!

Does this now mean we are going to have to replece all our hundreds of CD's with SACD's now, just loike we did with records, cassettes, 8 tracks, 78's, etc, etc? I think I'll stick with what I've got. It'll take at least another 20 years to get everything all over again via SACD.

Of course not, only the stuff that matters to you. If I think an album is worth it, then I would do it. This one to me, is not. Its not even a real album so to speak.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:58 am

Matthew wrote:

I don't understand, is there a notice on the label website that requires more than one complaint for action to be taken? Why do you need other forum members support in order to craft and send the label an email? Are you afraid to contact them for some reason?

You should email them so they can sort the problem out as quickly as possible. They are a small label, so you will probably get a reply. For example, when Audio Fidelity announced they were releasing Blues Breakers John Mayall with Eric Clapton, I emailed them and suggested they release the original 1966 mono album mix as this was John Mayall's preferred version and it had not yet had an audiophile release, whereas the later stereo mix had. They agreed, and that is what they released. I do not know if other people emailed them too, maybe they did, but that wasn't the point. It takes little effort to write an email.

So action is possibly, and likely. But all the while you just sit on your hands about it nothing can be done about it. So the question is, are you going to lead the way?

I have contacted them and waiting for their reply. In their return policy they clearly state that customer have to pay for return of the item. Shipping from Spain to USA is very expensive, around $16.00 :shock:. If so, I will keep the detective SACD as I already paid $45 including shipping for it. Bye for now :smt006.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:I have contacted them and waiting for their reply.

Look forward to hearing your progress. What did you tell them?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:49 pm

Matthew wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:I have contacted them and waiting for their reply.

Look forward to hearing your progress. What did you tell them?

The reply was fast from the Acustic Sounds customer service 8). I told them basically that I had found an issue on the SACD Elvis Stereo ´57 on mono track 20 Take My Hand, Precious Lord were there is drop in the sound and that several Elvis fans have encounter the same problem and if they could solve this mastering error. Here is the answer!!!!! :shock: :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #691645 with the following response:

Hello ............,

This issue is on the Stereo Master- it cannot be corrected, as it was done during the recording session.

Sorry i couldn't help more1

nate

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please reply to this email.

Acoustic Sounds, Inc. Returns Dept
asi.returns@acousticsounds.com

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 pm

OK, I can see that answer is a bit problematic. How much lower in volume is the last track compared to the other tracks? Are we talking 5db or more? I understand that it's annoying but Iwould prefer a track being quieter rather than louder like the Elvis Today FTD.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:53 pm

So they are basically saying that the master tapes they have contain the mastering error. Then there isn't much they can do. Shame.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:17 am

Claus wrote:OK, I can see that answer is a bit problematic. How much lower in volume is the last track compared to the other tracks? Are we talking 5db or more? I understand that it's annoying but Iwould prefer a track being quieter rather than louder like the Elvis Today FTD.

It is not that the song is quieter, during 5 or 6 seconds at the end of the Mono track 20 there is a drop in the sound :cry:. Anyway the answer from the Customer Service is very confusing. I asked about the Mono Master and they answer about the Stereo Master. I personally think they have no clue. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 am

Mike Windgren wrote:I personally think they have no clue.

Exactly.