Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Elvis Stereo ´57 SACD

Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:08 pm

Tony.. wrote:
memphisflash wrote:The mastering problem on the last track IS there regretfuly, otherwise it isn't a huge improvement. I did an A-B with the SACD and cd('s) at the same time. Mastering on the Stereo 57 cd seems a bit louder on the binaural tracks, but the quality differs a lot on the mono tracks, there is some noice cancelling on 'Tell Me Why' on the SACD, original cd sounds better, but more 'digital'. The SACD is less brittle on Elvis voice (binaural), more natural - but very slightly ...
Overal if you don't have them, it saves you $30 a piece, and you won't miss a thing on all 3 SACD's, all come with flaws, even the cover-photo's are better on the original DCC and BMG cd's. nice collector items, but that's realy it .... :( Stick with your original cd's!

Does this now mean we are going to have to replece all our hundreds of CD's with SACD's now, just loike we did with records, cassettes, 8 tracks, 78's, etc, etc? I think I'll stick with what I've got. It'll take at least another 20 years to get everything all over again via SACD.

Nope, SACD and DVD-A have been out for quite awhile, they were competing formats. They did not catch on. Only limited edition audiophile examples are being made today. The general music buying public has never been interested in quality. Thus the MP3 format is what has taken over. People want cheap and easy. Quality has not been a priority for at least 3-4 decades now. And we wonder why the US manufacturing jobs have gone!

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Plus, nobody really needs to replace their Stereo '57 CD do they.. ? ..it's a beautiful-sounding CD. God knows there's enough bad sounding CDs around without spending time & money attempting to "upgrade" ones that already sound great.

skatterbrane wrote:
Tony.. wrote:
memphisflash wrote:The mastering problem on the last track IS there regretfuly, otherwise it isn't a huge improvement. I did an A-B with the SACD and cd('s) at the same time. Mastering on the Stereo 57 cd seems a bit louder on the binaural tracks, but the quality differs a lot on the mono tracks, there is some noice cancelling on 'Tell Me Why' on the SACD, original cd sounds better, but more 'digital'. The SACD is less brittle on Elvis voice (binaural), more natural - but very slightly ...
Overal if you don't have them, it saves you $30 a piece, and you won't miss a thing on all 3 SACD's, all come with flaws, even the cover-photo's are better on the original DCC and BMG cd's. nice collector items, but that's realy it .... :( Stick with your original cd's!

Does this now mean we are going to have to replece all our hundreds of CD's with SACD's now, just loike we did with records, cassettes, 8 tracks, 78's, etc, etc? I think I'll stick with what I've got. It'll take at least another 20 years to get everything all over again via SACD.

Nope, SACD and DVD-A have been out for quite awhile, they were competing formats. They did not catch on. Only limited edition audiophile examples are being made today. The general music buying public has never been interested in quality. Thus the MP3 format is what has taken over. People want cheap and easy. Quality has not been a priority for at least 3-4 decades now. And we wonder why the US manufacturing jobs have gone!

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:38 pm

Marko wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:Got it! Sounds great to me. More open and not as in your face like the CD. This probably has to do with a larger soundstage. I can hear the hiss, just not as prominent. I am happy to have both versions.

The hiss is there but much less so than on CD.

Yes, I should have stated the hiss was more widespread. If I were to guess,it was because of less compression used for the SACD mastering. Both CD & SACD version are great in their own way.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Juan Luis wrote:Got it! Sounds great to me. More open and not as in your face like the CD. This probably has to do with a larger soundstage. I can hear the hiss, just not as prominent. I am happy to have both versions.

Great to know you like it, but are you happy with the mastering fault on track 20? :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:16 pm

karlos wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Good luck- i sure am lookn for ward to new material by The King - Its totally up to you what you do as its not mandatory to replace ya collection - In future Tony please be a little more optimistic on what you reply here as its getting a bit tedious on ya replies -Just Think before yu put ya replies -Just a little advice from me and please be kind on ya replies and do not diss every one who tries their best in their projects Ok - Thats all i have ta say at the moment to you Tony - There is too much dissn n bitchn on this board as it is from certain fans .Theres no need for it - Thanks -

Thank ya for ya message. Have ya become the forum moderator? And what do ya mean ya 'look forward to new material by The King'??? There's nothing 'new' on these SACD's, just re-issues. YA YA YA.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Tony.. wrote:
karlos wrote:
Tony.. wrote:

Good luck- i sure am lookn for ward to new material by The King - Its totally up to you what you do as its not mandatory to replace ya collection - In future Tony please be a little more optimistic on what you reply here as its getting a bit tedious on ya replies -Just Think before yu put ya replies -Just a little advice from me and please be kind on ya replies and do not diss every one who tries their best in their projects Ok - Thats all i have ta say at the moment to you Tony - There is too much dissn n bitchn on this board as it is from certain fans .Theres no need for it - Thanks -

Thank ya for ya message. Have ya become the forum moderator? And what do ya mean ya 'look forward to new material by The King'??? There's nothing 'new' on these SACD's, just re-issues. YA YA YA.

Tony Im not speaking as if Im a moderator to this forum - Having seen your posts on this forum many times , I have seen your posts and replies of you dissing this one nd that about their posts and hard work - I think you have been so negative on good material and such thats all - Why dont you enjoy some of the material that has ben released or due out and please take a chill pill -on some of other fans work on cds etc - Ok - - I know that SACDS and some releases may have been released before -
Please think before you add to this forum - -as you are tedious on your replies at times - You seem not to appeciate any thing thats being released .
Just a piece of advice -Ok
Thnx -
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Great to know you like it, but are you happy with the mastering fault on track 20? :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Track 20 does not bother me at all cause I don't particularly like that Gospel song. Even when (many moons ago) the original CD release came out, I only listened to the binaural stuff. So don't worry about it. It was a "bonus" song anyways. ::rocks

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:09 pm

I ALWAYS praise quality work and / or product. I DON'T praise the same old greatest hits being re-re-re-released time and time again and things like that and I don't believe people need them. I have thousands of items in my collection that are brilliant. Just take a look at the rare record topic for examples.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:13 am

Juan Luis wrote:

Track 20 does not bother me at all cause I don't particularly like that Gospel song. Even when (many moons ago) the original CD release came out, I only listened to the binaural stuff. So don't worry about it. It was a "bonus" song anyways. ::rocks

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Since it was a mono bonus track and not binaural, it didn't bother me much.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Marko wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Since it was a mono bonus track and not binaural, it didn't bother me much.

O.K, with your replies I understand we should accept faulty items anyway :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:09 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:O.K, with your replies I understand we should accept faulty items anyway :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Of you shouldn't accept it but AP needs to be made aware of it, so you should send them an e-mail and explain the problem. Complaining here won't solve anything.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:59 am

Claus wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:O.K, with your replies I understand we should accept faulty items anyway :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Of you shouldn't accept it but AP needs to be made aware of it, so you should send them an e-mail and explain the problem. Complaining here won't solve anything.

Sorry, I can´t complain if I don´t have the proper support, they will think that I have a faulty copy. Another thing would be if all who have this release complained, then they would accept it´s a faulty copy :roll:. This is the way it works!. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:00 am

Hi Mike!!! :D :D :D

You are yourself starting to sound like a broken record. File a complaint with label and meanwhile try to enjoy the 19 outstanding sounding tracks on SACD.

Bye-bye. :smt006

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Marko wrote:Hi Mike!!! :D :D :D

You are yourself starting to sound like a broken record. File a complaint with label and meanwhile try to enjoy the 19 outstanding sounding tracks on SACD.

Thank you for you support..... :shock:. Bye for now :smt006.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Count on me Mike! You're right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 am

frus75 wrote:Count on me Mike! You're right

Thank you my fiend and memphisflash for your support 8). The rest I noticed don´t really care about having a faulty copy :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:44 am

Mike Windgren wrote:The rest I noticed don´t really care about having a faulty copy :roll:. Bye for now :smt006.

You have heard the disc so you are in prime position to contact Analogue Productions about the problem. I have not heard the disc so it's very hard to complain about something I have not heard.

Write an e-mail to AP. They are an audiophile label so there is a good chance they'll respond and maybe do something about it. The small audiophile labels care about quality and faulty discs have been repressed and replaced at no extra cost in the past.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:37 am

You're quite welcome. You can cry your eyes out here and it won't make any difference. You have been given sound advice how to proceed.

Bye-bye :smt006

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:05 pm

Marko wrote:

You're quite welcome. You can cry your eyes out here and it won't make any difference. You have been given sound advice how to proceed.

If I proceed that´s up to me in the meantime enjoy your faulty copy :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:23 pm

Marko wrote:

If I proceed that´s up to me in the meantime enjoy your faulty copy :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Thank you, Mike! I am enjoying the wonderful sounding binaural recordings.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:13 pm

Marko wrote:

Marko wrote:

Hey, don´t forget to push the repeat button on track 20 as it seems you enjoy the mastering error on it :smt005 . Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:40 pm

Marko wrote:

Marko wrote:

Hey, don´t forget to push the repeat button on track 20 as it seems you enjoy the mastering error on it :smt005 . Bye for now :smt006.

Hey, don't forget to come back to moan as you seem to enjoy it so much instead of doing something about it.

BTW track 20 is mono not binaural. Try actually listening to the SACD sometime so you would know what you're talking about. Hope this helps.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:25 pm

You can always sell it. And remember you can't copy the SACD part.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 pm

Juan Luis wrote:You can always sell it. And remember you can't copy the SACD part.

Sell it and deceive the buyer?. No thank you. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:57 am

Juan Luis wrote:You can always sell it. And remember you can't copy the SACD part.

Sell it and deceive the buyer?. No thank you. Bye for now :smt006.

I did not say deceive. I said sell it. You can still sell it stating it has a mastering fault. A very important bonus track #20.