Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis At Graceland : 40th Anniversary (3 CD)

Thu May 09, 2013 11:11 pm

Sony Legacy set to release the stellar Jungleroom Sessions titled "Elvis At Graceland" in a 3 CD, 56 Track package. More details to follow in May, 2016. Stay tuned....but here are the preliminary tracklist......I can only list the first 5 tracks from each disc due to litigation constraints from Sony & EPE....

CD 1 : The Outtakes (Part 1)

1) Bitter They Are, Harder They Fall (Take 1)
2) I'll Never Fall In Love Again (Take 5)
3) It's Easy For You (Take 1)
4) Never Again (Take 11)
5) The Last Farewell (Take 2)

CD 2 : The Masters

1) Solitaire
2) Way Down
3) Pledging My Love
4) She Thinks I Still Care
5) Never Again

CD 3 : The Outtakes (Part 2)

1) The Last Farewell (Take 1)
2) America, The Beautiful (full version, rough quality acetate, from a newly discovered source)
3) Feelings (First verse only, fade out) taken from a newly discovered David Briggs 2-track session tape.
4) Hurt (Take 2)
5) For The Heart (Take 4)

Re: Elvis At Graceland : 40th Anniversary (3 CD)

Fri May 10, 2013 12:00 am

Disclaimer : In case some of you have'nt noticed, the above announcement was a joke, in light of all the negative comments made about the upcoming Stax Legacy project. But sometimes, the truth can be in fact stranger than fiction. I can almost guarantee Sony Legacy will follow this format for the Jungleroom Sessions in three years time. Sony's approach to Elvis' catalog re-issue program on anniversaries is nothing more than a money-grab on the Elvis consumer, predictable and a bloody farce, IMHO.

Fri May 10, 2013 3:39 am

It is no joking matter. Some fans will soil their pants at the prospect of an expansive, mainstream set of the Graceland recordings.

Fri May 10, 2013 3:57 am

oh man!!! I thought this was a real release... sigh, now I have to change my underwear,,

Fri May 10, 2013 4:02 am

midnightx wrote:It is no joking matter. Some fans will soil their pants at the prospect of an expansive, mainstream set of the Graceland recordings.

Who wouldn't let one go at the thought of such a stellar release.If EIC was released I would pratically explode.Maybe someone should start a thread-"should EIC be released ?"

norrie

Fri May 10, 2013 7:45 am

norrie wrote:.Maybe someone should start a thread-"should EIC be released ?"

It has been a while since EIC was seriously discussed. Never a dull moment when it comes to debating this touchy issue.

Sun May 12, 2013 7:33 pm

You know my "feelings" on this type of false announcement? It makes me "hurt" and feeling "moody blue" to think that you lied to me.....