Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

EAP SILVER SET ?

Wed May 08, 2013 9:38 pm

Can u tell me which concert is featured on the set ?
The Concert Years - Part 1/ Elvis in concert 1975 ?
The Concert Years - Concluded / Elvis in concert 1975 ?

Re: EAP SILVER SET ?

Wed May 08, 2013 9:41 pm

6-6-75 Dallas

Wed May 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Thanx for that, still quite rare then ........

Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 pm

dennyelvis wrote:Thanx for that, still quite rare then ........

It was also released on Elvis Live in Dallas vinyl. The concert features one of the best versions of How Great Thou Art I've heard (so far)

Thu May 09, 2013 12:26 am

CONFEDERATELVIS wrote:6-6-75 Dallas

Out of my head.....are not some tracks from another show than the one in dallas....shreveport maybe?

Anyway.....not all tracks are from dallas....the way i remember....

Thu May 09, 2013 12:48 am

dennyelvis wrote:Can u tell me which concert is featured on the set ?
The Concert Years - Part 1/ Elvis in concert 1975 ?
The Concert Years - Concluded / Elvis in concert 1975 ?

The concert you hear is mostly from Friday, June 6, 1975 in Dallas. But some of the music is from elsewhere.

Here is the original 1980 LP breakdown:

Album 7 / Side 2
THE CONCERT YEARS - PART 1

Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra *
C.C. Rider **
I Got A Woman/Amen ***

Love Me
If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
Love Me Tender
All Shook Up
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel

Album 8 / Side 1
THE CONCERT YEARS - CONCLUDED

Hound Dog
The Wonder Of You
Burning Love
Introductions
Johnny B. Goode
Introductions/School Day
T-R-O-U-B-L-E ****
Why Me Lord? *****

Album 8 / Side 2
THE CONCERT YEARS - CONCLUDE
D
How Great Thou Art
Let Me Be There
An American Trilogy
Funny How Time Slips Away
Little Darlin'
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Can't Help Falling In Love / Closing vamp and announcements

Recorded in Dallas, TX on Friday, June 6, 1975, except:

* = Memphis, TN - Tuesday, June 10, 1975
** = Murfreesboro, Tennessee - Tuesday, May 6, 1975
*** = Murfreesboro, Tennessee - Tuesday, May 6, 1975 (last :20 from Dallas)
**** = Houston, TX - Thursday, June 5, 1975
***** = Jackson, MS - Monday, June 9, 1975

Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 am

Not a great concert performance, but an accurate representation of '75.

Thu May 09, 2013 2:10 am

Nice recap Doc. It's almost certain that he did T.R.O.U.B.L.E. and perhaps Why Me Lord in Dallas. Do you think maybe Joan Deary, or whoever, thought these performances were better than the Dallas ones and made the switch to make a stronger concert? He clowned around a lot on Why Me Lord at this time.

When this box set came out in 1980, I remember thinking this concert was a lot better than I thought it would be. It still entertains today.

Thu May 09, 2013 6:30 am

stevelecher wrote:Nice recap Doc. It's almost certain that he did T.R.O.U.B.L.E. and perhaps Why Me Lord in Dallas. Do you think maybe Joan Deary, or whoever, thought these performances were better than the Dallas ones and made the switch to make a stronger concert? He clowned around a lot on Why Me Lord at this time.

When this box set came out in 1980, I remember thinking this concert was a lot better than I thought it would be. It still entertains today.

I agree. I found the show more than a little fun, even though Elvis distances himself from almost every performance. He did indeed do versions of "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" and "Why Me Lord" in Dallas and they have been bootlegged. I can't exactly recall why Joan switched them out, but profanity or excessive sloppiness could be reasons.

Thu May 09, 2013 8:57 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
stevelecher wrote:Nice recap Doc. It's almost certain that he did T.R.O.U.B.L.E. and perhaps Why Me Lord in Dallas. Do you think maybe Joan Deary, or whoever, thought these performances were better than the Dallas ones and made the switch to make a stronger concert? He clowned around a lot on Why Me Lord at this time.

I agree. I found the show more than a little fun, even though Elvis distances himself from almost every performance. He did indeed do versions of "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" and "Why Me Lord" in Dallas and they have been bootlegged. I can't exactly recall why Joan switched them out, but profanity or excessive sloppiness could be reasons.

Always liked this concert and for decades it was the only impression we got from Elvis live in 1975, except for the ARs. Always liked the loose atmosphere and audience interaction.

Thu May 09, 2013 10:08 am

Alexander wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Always liked this concert and for decades it was the only impression we got from Elvis live in 1975, except for the ARs. Always liked the loose atmosphere and audience interaction.

I agree!
Loved this concert when I bought the Box back in 1980.
Elvis is clearly enjoying himself and the audience is very enthusiastic :P
How Great Thou Art and Mystery Train/Tiger Man remains two solid favorites from this show.

Lennart

Fri May 10, 2013 1:54 am

midnightx wrote:Not a great concert performance, but an accurate representation of '75.

Give it a break, you've got a really tired act dude! :roll:

Fri May 10, 2013 3:01 am

Bought this set on vinyl in '80 (still have it). Later bought it on CD. Still listen to it in bits and pieces from time to time. Really enjoy the '75 pieced together concert.

Fri May 10, 2013 4:06 pm

I'm with you, Jerry. Bought the vinyl when it came out, then the cassette, and the CD set over the years after. Guess you could say I didn't want to miss any good music because of a "format technicality"....

Sun May 12, 2013 6:16 pm

FrankieRider2 wrote:I'm with you, Jerry. Bought the vinyl when it came out, then the cassette, and the CD set over the years after. Guess you could say I didn't want to miss any good music because of a "format technicality"....

LOL....I hear ya. Same here. I have always loved that set, especially the Dallas show. It's been a while since I last listened to it, though, and I'm thinking today would be a good day for that. :D

Sun May 12, 2013 6:56 pm

'Dallas 75' Bootleg CD has the same soundboard tapes but in much improved quality over the silver box.

Sun May 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Pity they shortened the intros to death..I think we have no release featuring what was in fact recorded totally.

Mon May 13, 2013 2:17 am

ian wrote:
midnightx wrote:Not a great concert performance, but an accurate representation of '75.

I've heard a lot of great Elvis Presley concerts; this concert release is not one of them. Have you heard any truly great Elvis Presley concerts?

Mon May 13, 2013 2:19 am

midnightx wrote:
ian wrote:

I've heard a lot of great Elvis Presley concerts; this concert release is not one of them. Have you heard any truly great Elvis Presley concerts?

According to ian, ALL of them are great. ;-)

Mon May 13, 2013 3:09 am

Ciscoking wrote:Pity they shortened the intros to death..I think we have no release featuring what was in fact recorded totally.

Maybe FTD should release this show? I'd buy it . . .

Mon May 13, 2013 4:45 am

I'm fine with it as is on the EAP box. I won't buy it again. Now if they were to discover a significantly better sounding source tape of the '61 Hawaii show I'd be interested.

Mon May 13, 2013 8:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Yup, that's right. "I smell big D-A-L-L-A-S" was probably considered inapropriate. "Why me Lord" is edited for excessive laughing and joking I'd say.

Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 am

I think Joan Deary did a great job back with this soundboard debut.
The so-called "Opening Night" tape would also have been a good
choice.

Tue May 14, 2013 7:46 am

ian wrote:

Cmon leave him alone! he actually had something good to say about the 69 shows in the other thread. I almost needed the defib!